+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

iya ibeji

Sep 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2014
Nomination.....
10-02-2015
Med's Request
13-08-2015
Med's Done....
14-08-2015
Passport Req..
02-03-2016
Busy B said:
Wooooooooooooow congratulations dear, finally you got to the finished line to the Glory of God. You hosted most of us when ever we come down to Ghana for our PRV, how I wish I can host you in return.

The Lord will order your steps you as you begin to prepare your landing in Jesus Name, Amen.

To All expectant, this is your season this is your time in Jesus Name, Amen.

Busy-Bee

Amen ooooo

dada-karma

Apr 9, 2013
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2013
AOR Received.
19-08-2013 (PER)
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
15-08-2013 (GCMS Notes)
Omo Naija said:
Greetings all,

I want to share some pieces of advice to those of us that just received visa's and about to land and hoping others might learn a thing or two....

I received my Visa's last week but i've already been scheduled for skype interviews from four different employers in canada slated for next month & two of the companies are putting pressure on me to land as soon as possible. This is how i did it....

Preparation plus network and most of all Gods grace... immediately i put in my PR application, i deliberately became "active" on linkedin, i made every effort to personally connect with canadians in my field & canadian recruiters... i searched for jobs in my field and took out time to know what is expected of my counterparts in canada in terms of experience / certifications & i took out time to prepare in that line by doing relevant certifications & trainings. i also made an effort to become bi-lingual by taking french courses.

As soon as i got my Visa, i contacted a landed forumer in Calgary to assist in re-aligning my resume to canadian standards which he did a very impressive and thorough job and adviced me to request for a credential assesment from IQAS (which covers my province of destination).

In summary, please endeavour to network within and outside your race (i highly recommend linkedin) and make enquiries if there are some exams / certifications in your field that you can take before landing cos trust me it is really cheaper to take them from here than waiting to do them in canada.

I wish everyone all our hearts desires.
This is a very beautiful piece of info... Thanks alot bro! It'll go a long way helping us!

Chosenblessed

Jan 17, 2012
I want to say a big thank you to Mandie and olusheg. You have both been a strong backbone to all of us in this forum.God will favor you in canada and you will enjoy the good of the land.

pickabeau

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good advise

Omo Naija said:
Greetings all,

I want to share some pieces of advice to those of us that just received visa's and about to land and hoping others might learn a thing or two....

I received my Visa's last week but i've already been scheduled for skype interviews from four different employers in canada slated for next month & two of the companies are putting pressure on me to land as soon as possible. This is how i did it....

Preparation plus network and most of all Gods grace... immediately i put in my PR application, i deliberately became "active" on linkedin, i made every effort to personally connect with canadians in my field & canadian recruiters... i searched for jobs in my field and took out time to know what is expected of my counterparts in canada in terms of experience / certifications & i took out time to prepare in that line by doing relevant certifications & trainings. i also made an effort to become bi-lingual by taking french courses.

As soon as i got my Visa, i contacted a landed forumer in Calgary to assist in re-aligning my resume to canadian standards which he did a very impressive and thorough job and adviced me to request for a credential assesment from IQAS (which covers my province of destination).

In summary, please endeavour to network within and outside your race (i highly recommend linkedin) and make enquiries if there are some exams / certifications in your field that you can take before landing cos trust me it is really cheaper to take them from here than waiting to do them in canada.

Omo Naija

Jul 11, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 24, 2013
Environmental Overview – Accra
Posted on August 7, 2013 by Steven Meurrens • 0 Comments
Filed Under: BC PNP
The following is a summary of the Environmental Overview of the immigration functions at the Canadian High Commission in Accra (the “Environmental Overview”). The Environmental Overview was prepared as part of the Citizenship and Immigration Canada 2013-2014 planning exercise, and is current as of January 2013.

Environment

The Canadian High Commission in Accra (“CIC Accra”) provides visa services to residents of Ascension, Benin, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea-Conakry, Liberia, Nigeria (permanent residents only), Sao Tome and Principe, Sierra Leone, St. Helena, Togo, and Tristan da Cunha.

Contrary to popular misconception, CIC Accra has no role in managing the Lagos Visa Office. Notwithstanding that, since the fall of 2012, an officer from CIC Accra has assisted the Lagos Visa Office in processing temporary resident applications on two occasions for a total period of four weeks. Upon return from one visit, the officer brought approximately 200 Temporary Resident Visa files from the Lagos Visa Office to CIC Accra. Original passports were left in the Lagos Visa Office and visas were remotely printed there.

Quality Assurance

The last half of 2012 witnessed several changes to the Immigration Program at CIC Accra. All permanent resident visas are issued by the Immigration Program Manager to ensure procedures and decision-making are consistent and fair. Interview waiver citeria have been put in place to better triage and risk-manage Family Class cases and reduce processing times, when previously all cases were called to interview without exception. The use of DNA tests has been limited to the exception rather than the rule. Temporary resident processing times have been amended from same-day to five days.

[In 2013], Accra will implement two important quality assurance activities, as follows:

1) Our current inventory of refugee (CR) application is in disarray. A significant number of files have been in process for many years. A review of all CR cases in our inventory (approximately 170 persons) will be undertaken to determine if key processing stages were reliable, consistent, timely and procedurally fair. To this end, a detailed refugee processing checklist will be developed to assess files currently in process and get them back on track and assist staff in processing new applications.

2) Accra has a complicated and aging Business Class inventory of mostly Nigerian applicants (621 persons). Many of these cases have been or are currently the subject of litigation.

Permanent Resident Program

In 2012, CIC Accra issued 3,286 visas.

The officer/PA team structure that previously existed in the office has been dismantled, with all categories of permanent resident files being managed according to stage of process by a single team of officers, Case Analysts, and PAs, ensuring a degree of randomness in assigning files and better consistency in processing. All permanent resident visas are currently issued by the IPM to ensure procedures and decision-making are consistent and fair and to support shared workload in the office. Interview waiver criteria have been put in place to better triage and risk manage family class cases and improve processing times, when previously all cases were called to interview without exception. Currently, the FS01 CBS in Accra is supervising the processing of all economic and family class applications with the support of two LE06 case analysts and two LE04 program assistants; the DIO in Accra reports to the IPM; the FS02 CBS is managing the processing of all refugee classes.

Economic immigrants represent approximately 49% of CIC Accra’s inventory. Approval rates in 2012 were 75%. Processing times for 80% of the total economic class cases finalized in 2012 was 31 months.

CIC Accra’s overall approval rate for the total family class cases in 2012 was 59%. Processing times for 80% of all family class cases in 2012 was 12 months.

Temporary Resident Program

CIC Accra made changes to its temporary resident processing times in the fall of 2012.

Previously, applications submitted in person were processed on a same-day basis, leading to significant unpredictability in workload pressures and difficulty in prioritising files in other categories. Offering same-day service was out-of-sync with the standards of other missions in the region, where processing times range from eight to 11 days. As the implementation of a VAC in the region will ultimately put an end to same-day service, extending processing times now will smooth that transition for our applicants and help manage client expectations. Advertised temporary resident processing times are now seven to 14 business days for visitors and 14 to 28 business days for study and work permit applications. The additional processing window has provided officers with the opportunity to better triage high-risk files, identify trends, and target cases for anti-fraud verifications.

CIC Accra approved 52% of 5,162 Temporary Resident Visa applications that it processed in 2012. Applicants with connections to mining and other extractive industries, in particular, are brought to the attention of the Immigration Program Manager is a refusal is being considered so that additional information can be sought form the mission Trade Commissioner.

CIC Accra received 830 study permit applications in 2012, and approved 46% of them. Eighty percent of all cases were processed in 28 days or less.

Establishing that applicants have sufficient financial support to pay for their studies in Canada is one of the key issues of concern when assessing Study Permit applications submitted in Accra. Officers are beginning to recognise that family and affective bonds extend much further here than they do in the western context, and that it is not unusual for friends and extended relatives to sponsor young people to undertake their studies abroad. Officers have been directed to take this cultural element into account when assessing funding sources. We have also refined our Study Permit application checklist somewhat in the hopes that officers might be able to gather additional information that will boost their confidence when reviewing study permit files. In particular, we have asked applicants to complete a thorough study plan and submit it with their applications so officers can better understand their motivations and aspirations. Our hope is that a more detailed study plan will help officers understand better not only the applicant’s intentions but also the willingness of the extended family to lend support.

CIC Accra processed 217 Work Permit applications in 2012. The approval rate was 52%, with 80% of cases being processed in 46 days or less.

http://www.stevenmeurrens.com/2013/08/environmental-overview-accra/

iya ibeji

Sep 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2014
Nomination.....
10-02-2015
Med's Request
13-08-2015
Med's Done....
14-08-2015
Passport Req..
02-03-2016
Omo Naija said:
Greetings all,

thanks for the tips and congratulations on the job offers

sena1

Jul 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello house, pls my brother want to apply for fstc under instrumentation engineer/technician. Does he need to have his credentials assessed by a prefessional regulatory body, he has his credentials assessed by wes already. He is about submitting his application please help.

Hakpoguma

Mar 25, 2012
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
8/05/2014 (ie 8th May 2014)
Omo Naija said:
Greetings all,

Thanks for the advise and insight - very important and useful.

gabrilla

Jul 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/1/2012
AOR Received.
23/2/2012
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED WITH APPL
Med's Request
31/01/2014
Med's Done....
17/02/2014
Interview........
WAIVED IJN
Passport Req..
27/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
08/04/2014
LANDED..........
SUMMER IJN
mandiebraxton said:
Hi guys,
So at exactly 8:16am today I got my PPR mail...and by 9:15am I was at AVO to drop my passport and was told to come back at 3pm as is the norm. At abt 3:05pm. My name was called and I collected my PR and headed back to work. And as I sit down at my desk to send this post...I am just in awe at how Wonderful GOD is...I don't know how to describe it..the doubts, the fears, the uncertainties have all vanished. God mad it possible.

So shall it be for all waiting! Alf hang in there it's coming.

I found so much love on this forum and outside of it...I have not met any Ghanaian on this journey but you guys have made me welcome in your midst and made me part of the family... thank you, thank you, thank you.....

Glory be to God

*Mandie*
mandiebraxton !!!!!! congratulations, at last the waiting is over, am really happy for you. Does it mean no jollof rice for the rest of us :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: please, you have to hand over to somebodyoo before leaving ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D. May canada favour you. Amen

gabrilla

Jul 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/1/2012
AOR Received.
23/2/2012
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED WITH APPL
Med's Request
31/01/2014
Med's Done....
17/02/2014
Interview........
WAIVED IJN
Passport Req..
27/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
08/04/2014
LANDED..........
SUMMER IJN
Omo Naija said:
Greetings all,

Omo Naija , thank you for the information and congrats.

gabrilla

Jul 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/1/2012
AOR Received.
23/2/2012
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED WITH APPL
Med's Request
31/01/2014
Med's Done....
17/02/2014
Interview........
WAIVED IJN
Passport Req..
27/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
08/04/2014
LANDED..........
SUMMER IJN
olusheg said:
Hello House ,

Yours truly landed on the 18th of October and have got a lot of gist for the house, which will be transmitted as soon as i settled down.

Regards
Olushege thank God for safe landing, my ears are wide open for the gist.

gabrilla

Jul 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/1/2012
AOR Received.
23/2/2012
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED WITH APPL
Med's Request
31/01/2014
Med's Done....
17/02/2014
Interview........
WAIVED IJN
Passport Req..
27/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
08/04/2014
LANDED..........
SUMMER IJN
tinuadeadebola said:
Congrats dearest Mandie and congrats again. Am sure the guys in Accra wld be amused to see that you were issued PPR mail today and you came for the Visa today lol Mandie you hot ooooooo you cld not even wait for one day!!!!! Anyways pack your bag and start coming Canada is waiting.

@ Busy B congrats and do have a pleasant trip to Canada

@ Olusheg congrats on your successful landing may the land favour you and yours

@ my dear Lolo, Bjay, Mayoress, HOP and all the M3 applicants remaining please keep on keeping on as the good news wld go round by God's grace.

Tinu
Tinu, thanks for your concern, you are always around to cheer us up and Amen to your prayers.

sena1

Jul 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sena1 said:
Hello house, pls my brother want to apply for fstc under instrumentation engineer/technician. Does he need to have his credentials assessed by a prefessional regulatory body, he has his credentials assessed by wes already. He is about submitting his application please help.
E jo now :eek:

gabrilla

Jul 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/1/2012
AOR Received.
23/2/2012
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED WITH APPL
Med's Request
31/01/2014
Med's Done....
17/02/2014
Interview........
WAIVED IJN
Passport Req..
27/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
08/04/2014
LANDED..........
SUMMER IJN
sena1 said:
sena1, your brother doesn't need his credentials to be assessed by a prefessional regulatory body, he can submit the application along with credentials assessment report from wes.

Pilele01

Star Member
Feb 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 2011 FOR QCS
Doc's Request.
7 march 2013 for court disposition letter, RPRF
Nomination.....
QCS Received 9 Nov 12
AOR Received.
Medical result received on ecas march 2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
3 Dec 2012 rec in Novo Scotia
Med's Request
Feb 7, 2013
Med's Done....
Feb 14, 2013
Interview........
9 Nov 2012 for QCS
Passport Req..
7/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
18/10/2013
LANDED..........
Landed in montrel 2/11/2013.
gabrilla said:
Omo Naija , thank you for the information and congrats.
@omo Naija thanks.