+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

Sep 6, 2013
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Lagos
NOC Code......
Spousal Open Work Permit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
Make una answer me o, seniors. If not, I no go rest today :) Anyone recently applied online for an open work permit from Nigeria?

Busy B

Star Member
Apr 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st July, 2011
Doc's Request.
29th Nov, 2011
AOR Received.
24th Oct, 2011
IELTS Request
Included in the sent application
Med's Request
18th July, 2013
Med's Done....
02nd August, 2013
Interview........
Nothing like that
Passport Req..
08th October, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
15th October, 2013
LANDED..........
12th December, 2013 to the Glory of GOD
mandiebraxton said:
Hi guys,
So at exactly 8:16am today I got my PPR mail...and by 9:15am I was at AVO to drop my passport and was told to come back at 3pm as is the norm. At abt 3:05pm. My name was called and I collected my PR and headed back to work. And as I sit down at my desk to send this post...I am just in awe at how Wonderful GOD is...I don't know how to describe it..the doubts, the fears, the uncertainties have all vanished. God mad it possible.

So shall it be for all waiting! Alf hang in there it's coming.

I found so much love on this forum and outside of it...I have not met any Ghanaian on this journey but you guys have made me welcome in your midst and made me part of the family... thank you, thank you, thank you.....

Glory be to God

*Mandie*
Wooooooooooooow congratulations dear, finally you got to the finished line to the Glory of God. You hosted most of us when ever we come down to Ghana for our PRV, how I wish I can host you in return.

The Lord will order your steps you as you begin to prepare your landing in Jesus Name, Amen.

To All expectant, this is your season this is your time in Jesus Name, Amen.

Busy-Bee

Busy B

Star Member
Apr 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st July, 2011
Doc's Request.
29th Nov, 2011
AOR Received.
24th Oct, 2011
IELTS Request
Included in the sent application
Med's Request
18th July, 2013
Med's Done....
02nd August, 2013
Interview........
Nothing like that
Passport Req..
08th October, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
15th October, 2013
LANDED..........
12th December, 2013 to the Glory of GOD
olusheg said:
Hello House ,

Yours truly landed on the 18th of October and have got a lot of gist for the house, which will be transmitted as soon as i settled down.

Regards
Congrats on your successful landing, may you eat the good of the land in Jesus Name, Amen.

Busy-Bee

phunrae

Jun 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/05/2013
AOR Received.
PER 12/08/2013
Congratulations!!!

mandiebraxton said:
Hi guys,
So at exactly 8:16am today I got my PPR mail...and by 9:15am I was at AVO to drop my passport and was told to come back at 3pm as is the norm. At abt 3:05pm. My name was called and I collected my PR and headed back to work. And as I sit down at my desk to send this post...I am just in awe at how Wonderful GOD is...I don't know how to describe it..the doubts, the fears, the uncertainties have all vanished. God mad it possible.

I found so much love on this forum and outside of it...I have not met any Ghanaian on this journey but you guys have made me welcome in your midst and made me part of the family... thank you, thank you, thank you.....

Glory be to God

*Mandie*

mayoress

Sep 9, 2011
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
MPNP-30/03/13; CIC-06/05/14
Doc's Request.
CIC- 06/08/14; Submitted- 18/08/14
Nomination.....
27/02/14
AOR Received.
MPNP- 09/04/13; CIC-25/06/14
IELTS Request
Submitted for MPNP. Expired submitted with CIC application
File Transfer...
25/06/14
Med's Request
07/08/14
Med's Done....
14/08/14; In-process- 13/08/14; medical received- 18/08/14
Interview........
MPNP-24/02/14; CIC- Waived iJn. Amen.
Passport Req..
26/08/14
VISA ISSUED...
19/09/14
LANDED..........
05/12/2014 by the help of God.
Congratulation Pilele, Mandie and Olusheg.

God Chosen

Star Member
Jul 21, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@mandi & olusheg a Bog Congratulations ... God is wonderful ... I'm so happy for you guyz

emmy_est

Jun 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/02/12
AOR Received.
13/03/12
Med's Request
17/10/13
Med's Done....
29/10/13
Passport Req..
23/01/14
VISA ISSUED...
27/01/14
LANDED..........
14/06/14
Confused Nurse said:
Make una answer me o, seniors. If not, I no go rest today :) Anyone recently applied online for an open work permit from Nigeria?

this thread is for immigration(permanent residence application) but you might be lucky to get an answer.Be patient

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
Congrats dearest Mandie and congrats again. Am sure the guys in Accra wld be amused to see that you were issued PPR mail today and you came for the Visa today lol Mandie you hot ooooooo you cld not even wait for one day!!!!! Anyways pack your bag and start coming Canada is waiting.

@Busy B congrats and do have a pleasant trip to Canada

@Olusheg congrats on your successful landing may the land favour you and yours

@ my dear Lolo, Bjay, Mayoress, HOP and all the M3 applicants remaining please keep on keeping on as the good news wld go round by God's grace.

Tinu

pickabeau

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is a sweet gist.... really entertsining.. hope u r enjoying yourself....

priceless said:
Dear All,

To the glory of God we plucked our ugwu leaves today! ;D.To all still expecting one update or the other,the Lord would surprise you this week.

So in the way of seniors let me give you my jist and hope that someone would pick up one info or the other and learn from it.

Firstly I had to renew my passport as it had validity date less than 6months and there was a change of name involved.I therefore discussed with our immigration officer neighbor only to be told that this is only carried out in Abuja. :-X :-[.

So my boo and I had to go down to abj with all our original documents and we started the process of getting a new Passport.Because of the short time involved in getting this(just a week) we had to ensure we get a good officer who would help us in processing it fast.SO we finally settled for one IBo guy who appeared agile and we submitted our documents to him on Sunday immediately we landed abj.ON MOnday morning we rushed down to passport office close to abj airport where we met with the guy captured and then followed in in taking our file to different Oga's who asked us some questions before signing and passing on to the next officer.By 4pm my file finally ended up with the ACG who was the last person that was to sign.Due to the big Oga post, she had a lot of visitors grouping and out which further delayed her from signing and giving approval for change of name.We waited like 1hr just waiting for the file to be passed to her table and when we couldnt wait further my self and another lady that came from LAgos went into her office and explained the situation that we came from Lagos and we had a flight to catch back by 5.30pm.SHe listened and asked that we present our original documents(marriage certificates,newspaper publication, pictures, sworn affidavit, letter of conscientious etc).The other lady presented hers first and she said her certificates was too new that how can a marriage certificates from 2009 look so new?the lady tried explaining but she further questioned her on the integrity of her change of name after a while she told me to present my document and she just signed without asking me anything(no be God).as she signed me I just carried my file waka comot go meet the guy that is helping me.

The next stage after this approval was for a company called IRIS to effect the change in the system.The snag here is that the company comes only twice in the week and no one knows the exact day or time that they would come.SO the waiting game began, MOnday no IRIS, Tuesday no IRIS, then Wednesday Iris finally showed at about 3pm,luckily they worked on my file and effected the change.THe immigration guy then called that we pick up my passport on THursday.Thursday MOrning I finally picked my new Passport and I was full of thanks.........came back to Lag on Friday night amidst various rescheduling of aero's flight(flight of 5pm took off by 9.30pm from abj) caution if you have an important assignment don't bank on aero ohhhhhhhhhh.

So now to the Accra jist, we took off from Lag on Sunday 5.45pm landed Accra like 45min after(note Accra time is 1hr behind Nija time so you might need to reset your watch).Went through their immigration, showed our yellow card which we had since 2010'submitted the immigration card given and we left the airport.STopped a cab within the airport who wanted to collect 25cedi ;D.imagin the guy thinking that we be mugu we just hissed and left.Walked outside the airport and boarded another cab to Assemblies of God guest house for 8cedi.

Upon reaching the guest house we were told that all the rooms were booked and this was after we called severally from Lagos to book ahead and they gave us assurance that we would get a room for 50cedis. We were so angry about the lack of professionalism here.They offered to take us to Salvation Army another guest house close by but my people this place NA NO 1 I saw.......it's a no go area.They had an hostel like looking room and another room they called self contain.Men I wan tear race comot oh cause the room wows.No Ac, the mattress looked like it was infected with bugs the toilet NA die.My boo and I just shook our heads begin laugh say which akin place be this NA hin we tell them say thank you make them hold their room.

This was already like 7.30pm oh and it's like there is shorter day longer night here so it was really dark.Na so begin ask for hotel up and down Osu area oh.we went to another hotel that looked alright knucks or so(not sure of the spelling but its a university guest house).we asked to see their rooms and it was ok at least Ac, Internet facility, bed and breakfast etc but na 120cedis but we we were ready to pay for the single room only for us to get back to the reception to pay when the manager said we couldn't take single cause that would mean two occupants and that we have to take double which was 140cedi's per nite NA so we begin calculate oh but we said ok make we take am NA so the receptionist come talk again say its not available that the one that was available was in bad condition.Imagin after wasting all our time and effort oh.WE were so angry that we stormed out of the place cursing wondering which akin luck we carry come so we started looking for other hotels oh we saw another which was agin not up to standard before we finally saw the one we stayed in called Alexander plaza hotel but this one they expensive oh NA 100dolls per nite but at least we negotiated 120cedi's.It has all the needed facilities Ac, fridge,wireless Internet, bread and breakfast etc.

So this morning we woke up, went for our breakfast(make we use the money wet we pay for now ;D), walked out and took a cab.Imagin the cab man that we took did not/pretended not to know the way cause we used like 15minutes to locate the cic Accra.MEanwhile we later got to know that it was just 5minutes walk from the hotel we lodged Imagin the guy taking 5cedi's for a distance of 5minutes and driving us for 15minutes to convince us the place was far as NA night we take locate the hotel...

Anyway we arrived Cic on time stood by the gate waited some few minutes we were called one after the other for screening, we dropped our phones,iPad, camera's , flash ,laptop etc and this was locked in a cupboard and we were given the key.We then passes through the screening machine, thereafter we were directed to collect a tag, went in dropped our passports,letter sent by email and then we were asked if we had other forms which we did and we dropped this off with the cic lady at a counter.Thereafter we were told to return the tag and then wait at a shed within the compound which had convenience and water dispenser if you are thirsty.

we waited from like 8.45 till about 12noon before we were told to come back like 2.30/3pm.So my boo and I along with some other guys went to look for a place to eat Nija food NA so someone directed us to a place called Buka.The place is actually nice but I wasn't to wowed with their food the place is set up like a bamboo kind of restaurant with African effect.MY boo couldn't even eat cause he is more picky but the other guys enjoyed their poudo with egusi sha.Its a little bit expensive though so you might have to skip this and ask for the popular Jollof rice place mentioned here.

Once we finished we walked back to CIC and waited again till we(my boo and I) were called in.At first we thought na to pick visa oh only for us to be ushered into a room by a white lady who asked if the certification courses I did was on site or correspondence I told her say no be on site oh say NA correspondence via British council NA I'm she talk say fine say fine say make we wait ten minutes.NOt Long after they called others in to join us. Then the started calling us one after the other to pick up our passport stamped with ugwu leave..........NA so we take pluck the precious ugwu leave oh.Glory be to God.

I hope say I try with this long epistle cause I no too good for typing like that......but I talk say we must use our money finish for this hotel before we check out hence my write up now.....

To all the landed snrs I no see this una goods to follow and co list oh.Abi where una dey take write out all the things you they carry go?

dada-karma

Apr 9, 2013
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2013
AOR Received.
19-08-2013 (PER)
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
15-08-2013 (GCMS Notes)
mandiebraxton said:
Hi guys,

Glory be to God

*Mandie*
Mandie, big congratulations to you!!! May His name be praised again and again and again!
Many did not even know you are Ghanaian... Me I say 'we are africans'. You have really contributed so immensely to this Forum and being a source of inspiration and help to those that have visited Accra for their PRV, even to the extent of hosting them.
Its your turn, you've paid your dues and you so much deserved it. May the good Lord make your Landing even easier for you...
I'm beaming from ear to ear with happiness as I read this great and joyful news over and over again!
Remain blessed!

Dada-Karma

dada-karma

Apr 9, 2013
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2013
AOR Received.
19-08-2013 (PER)
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
15-08-2013 (GCMS Notes)
olusheg said:
Hello House ,

Yours truly landed on the 18th of October and have got a lot of gist for the house, which will be transmitted as soon as i settled down.

Regards
Congrats on your Landing Olusheg! Our ears are hitching to hear the comprehensive story of your landing. May the 'City' of Canada favour you as you possess your possessions IJN!

Omo Naija

Jul 11, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 24, 2013
Greetings all,

I want to share some pieces of advice to those of us that just received visa's and about to land and hoping others might learn a thing or two....

I received my Visa's last week but i've already been scheduled for skype interviews from four different employers in canada slated for next month & two of the companies are putting pressure on me to land as soon as possible. This is how i did it....

Preparation plus network and most of all Gods grace... immediately i put in my PR application, i deliberately became "active" on linkedin, i made every effort to personally connect with canadians in my field & canadian recruiters... i searched for jobs in my field and took out time to know what is expected of my counterparts in canada in terms of experience / certifications & i took out time to prepare in that line by doing relevant certifications & trainings. i also made an effort to become bi-lingual by taking french courses.

As soon as i got my Visa, i contacted a landed forumer in Calgary to assist in re-aligning my resume to canadian standards which he did a very impressive and thorough job and adviced me to request for a credential assesment from IQAS (which covers my province of destination).

In summary, please endeavour to network within and outside your race (i highly recommend linkedin) and make enquiries if there are some exams / certifications in your field that you can take before landing cos trust me it is really cheaper to take them from here than waiting to do them in canada.

I wish everyone all our hearts desires.

favbless

Oct 21, 2013
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
17-12-2013
Nomination.....
October 2016
AOR Received.
4-5-2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
soon in JN
Med's Request
soon in JN
Med's Done....
soon in JN
Interview........
Waived in JN
Passport Req..
soon in JN
VISA ISSUED...
2018 hallelujah
LANDED..........
2018 Amen
Omo Naija said:
Greetings all,

I want to share some pieces of advice to those of us that just received visa's and about to land and hoping others might learn a thing or two....

I received my Visa's last week but i've already been scheduled for skype interviews from four different employers in canada slated for next month & two of the companies are putting pressure on me to land as soon as possible. This is how i did it....

Preparation plus network and most of all Gods grace... immediately i put in my PR application, i deliberately became "active" on linkedin, i made every effort to personally connect with canadians in my field & canadian recruiters... i searched for jobs in my field and took out time to know what is expected of my counterparts in canada in terms of experience / certifications & i took out time to prepare in that line by doing relevant certifications & trainings. i also made an effort to become bi-lingual by taking french courses.

As soon as i got my Visa, i contacted a landed forumer in Calgary to assist in re-aligning my resume to canadian standards which he did a very impressive and thorough job and adviced me to request for a credential assesment from IQAS (which covers my province of destination).

In summary, please endeavour to network within and outside your race (i highly recommend linkedin) and make enquiries if there are some exams / certifications in your field that you can take before landing cos trust me it is really cheaper to take them from here than waiting to do them in canada.

I wish everyone all our hearts desires.
This is a very useful information... thanks for the advise.

iya ibeji

Sep 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2014
Nomination.....
10-02-2015
Med's Request
13-08-2015
Med's Done....
14-08-2015
Passport Req..
02-03-2016
Mandie, a big congratulations to you. i didn't even know you were not Nigerian (like that even matters sef). its what in our hearts that matters big time.
i pray that the good Lord will see you through this new phase in your life and i'm hoping seniors in this forum will make your transition easy breezy in regards to settlement, etc when u arrive in canada

thanks a million for hosting our forumers in Accra (even though i wont get the chance of being hosted. lol)

congratulations once again

iya ibeji

iya ibeji

Sep 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2014
Nomination.....
10-02-2015
Med's Request
13-08-2015
Med's Done....
14-08-2015
Passport Req..
02-03-2016
dada-karma said:
Congrats on your Landing Olusheg! Our ears are hitching to hear the comprehensive story of your landing. May the 'City' of Canada favour you as you possess your possessions IJN!
congrats olusheg. cant wait for the gist