+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

Boljet

Star Member
Oct 27, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
neddy said:
please, Boljet, did you write the IELTS exam. i just sent my application to CIO.
Yes wrote the exam. The doc from the British council is good but i do not think that it is sufficient enough if you need to do better in your grade. Just check out the web sites provided by aner777. You can do it.

Boljet

neddy

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you soo much for your contributions,i really appreciateyour sincere appreciate.

Actually, the bank draft in us dollars i sent to Accra was returned Jan. 2010 with the payment for i downloaded from Accra website.

i was able to get somebody in Canada who bought a postal order for me and that was what i used to send in my application to CIO on 1st of March 2010. it was received at CIO 5th.

though it was pretty expensive.

igbehinadara

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Avo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Dec 2015
Nomination.....
Nov 2016
IELTS Request
NA
VISA ISSUED...
July 2017
LANDED..........
October 2017
Thanks Cheerie and hope the medicals went well.Neddy all the best and best wishes to every aspiring naija.

Ig

seglad

Aug 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hiya, for those who had received medical request, did you first receive an email notification followed by medical forms via post or did medical form was received only by post without an email notification for medical request. I reguested for this question in order to know how am going to receive medical request from CHC. I am a new member on this site, had applied for SW1 since April 2004. Recently, I received an email in december 2009 from CHC to update my application forms, proof of funds, PCC and to submitt 4 passport photographs for myself and every member of my family. I sent the update on 27th january,2010, waiting for medical request. Does anyone who had passed this stage can tell me when likely i may receive a medical request after request for documents update,and does medical request comes with PPRF.
Hope to read back from you.
Thanks
seglad

seglad

Aug 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yemkik said:
Hi Tito, SOJ and other naijas in Canada already,

I applied in 2004. I had almost forgotten about it until I received a mail late last month that I should update my documents, send in my back account details in a 12-month period and do police clearance/certificate and my spouse's school transcripts. I did the IELTS test in later year.

Dear Veterans, please what is the implications of this? has it reached my turn? What is the time frame for finally getting a visa.

Hiya, we are on the same boat, I applied april 2004 and 30th dec,2009 , i received an email from CHC to update my IRPA forms and to update my proof of funds (12months bank statements) PCC and to submitt 4 passport photographs for myself and every member of my family.I submitted them on the 27th January 2010. Now Waiting for medical request.according to old rules we may receive medical request 4 -6 months after documents update, but when the fast track has started noone can predict precisely anymore. Can we be in contact in order to share our timeline and to update one another if there will be any news from CHC accra.Thanks
t

oceana

Star Member
May 12, 2009
seglad said:
Hiya, for those who had received medical request, did you first receive an email notification followed by medical forms via post or did medical form was received only by post without an email notification for medical request. I reguested for this question in order to know how am going to receive medical request from CHC. I am a new member on this site, had applied for SW1 since April 2004. Recently, I received an email in december 2009 from CHC to update my application forms, proof of funds, PCC and to submitt 4 passport photographs for myself and every member of my family. I sent the update on 27th january,2010, waiting for medical request. Does anyone who had passed this stage can tell me when likely i may receive a medical request after request for documents update,and does medical request comes with PPRF.
Hope to read back from you.
Thanks
seglad
In my own case, i received an email notification and the med forms followed in the post about a month later. Mind you, i happen to be under the new rules. I am sure if you go through 9ja threads in the forum, you'll come across others in your boat(old rules) who have shared how they received their meds request post nov2008. There's been a handful of them in the past year, they'll respond to you or you may do them a nice PM.

I only know of two old rules 9jas personally, who received meds recently, but their visa office isn't Accra - one received email notifications and the other didn't.

seglad

Aug 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oceana said:
In my own case, i received an email notification and the med forms followed in the post about a month later. Mind you, i happen to be under the new rules. I am sure if you go through 9ja threads in the forum, you'll come across others in your boat(old rules) who have shared how they received their meds request post nov2008. There's been a handful of them in the past year, they'll respond to you or you may do them a nice PM.

I only know of two old rules 9jas personally, who received meds recently, but their visa office isn't Accra - one received email notifications and the other didn't.

Thanks for your response, i shall wait to receive from the old applicants if there are any here on this forum.

oceana

Star Member
May 12, 2009
seglad said:
Thanks for your response, i shall wait to receive from the old applicants if there are any here on this forum.
Going by what dreamteam witnessed on his trip to Accra, where he came across some old rules applicants, yours cannot be too far off.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/live-in-accra-t36380.0.html

cherrie

Mar 3, 2010
oceana said:
Previously, it used to be by regular mail only, except for stamped passports - where Accra demands personal pickup/prepaid courier from applicants. But WEF early last year, CIO and Accra office commenced e-mail notifications to applicants, and that works in majority of cases(docs, ielts, PCC, RPRF requests etc). As applicants just proceed and act upon the email notifications whether or not the hardcopy turns up in the post. The only case where one would be hampered from progressing would be where medical docs/forms have gone missing, cos one needs the hardcopy forms to be able to book the med test with DMPs, so all one can do in that situation is to notify CiC after about 5-6wks wait that the forms have failed to turn up, and request them to resend it or give em the option of sending a prepaid courier to pick it up. In most cases, you get an automatic extension of up to 8weeks to the initial deadline to allow you to receive the resent copies thru the post and book the IME with a DMP.

And oh, Mails go missing everywhere, only the rates of occurences may differ. There's no foolproof way of completely ruling it out. All one can do is to mitigate against it by using UK addy, 9ja PObox at main Nipost hub, i/o 9ja bluechip employer addy, physical addy in well planned out districts in 9ja etc. All those have been breached at one point or the other if you go thru the forum. Its just the Grace of God in that can help in this case.
Thanks Oceana, will tell my bro to go 4 d email option and use my add. Cherrie

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
application fee payment

My naija people. please how do one raise the application fee bankdraft ? is a dollar denominated bank draft sufficient? i thought of using my debit card but someone says it takes time for cic to charge it and might delay the application can someone who has paid from nija please advise?

Thanks

igbehinadara

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Avo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Dec 2015
Nomination.....
Nov 2016
IELTS Request
NA
VISA ISSUED...
July 2017
LANDED..........
October 2017
Tinu,most 9ja's get it through friends/family abroad.They are quite a few people on this thread that got theirs and would be able to share with you.I used an agent and paid with travellers cheque back 2004.

Best of luck as you await help.

Ig

tito

Feb 10, 2007
Sir K,

Congratulations but you violated the "rule", it is a new thread when visa is granted and another one for landing. Keep us informed of events, we are waiting for you on this side.

All the best!

tito

Feb 10, 2007
Re: application fee payment

tinuadeadebola said:
My naija people. please how do one raise the application fee bankdraft ? is a dollar denominated bank draft sufficient? i thought of using my debit card but someone says it takes time for cic to charge it and might delay the application can someone who has paid from nija please advise?

Thanks
Let's know when you fix this.