Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all,

My husband and I would like to invite our niece to visit Canada in the summer time for no more than 1 month. She has just graduated university and it would be a graduation gift from us.

My husband is from Turkey and will be a citizen in June. My niece is living in istanbul and is not yet working because in Turkey before getting a job you have to complete a big exam. It will be in July and she would like to visit after. She has not travelled outside Turkey before. We applied for her brother last year but his visa was denied due to lack of funds - he had $10,000 CAD in the bank, was working and has travelled to China and studies in China. What are the chances of my niece getting a visitor visa. Any way we can increase her chances? We would really like to have some family visit us. It’s hard for us to always have to travel back and forth to Turkey especially with work and vacation time!

Thank you all!!

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hello all,

My husband and I would like to invite our niece to visit Canada in the summer time for no more than 1 month. She has just graduated university and it would be a graduation gift from us.

My husband is from Turkey and will be a citizen in June. My niece is living in istanbul and is not yet working because in Turkey before getting a job you have to complete a big exam. It will be in July and she would like to visit after. She has not travelled outside Turkey before. We applied for her brother last year but his visa was denied due to lack of funds - he had $10,000 CAD in the bank, was working and has travelled to China and studies in China. What are the chances of my niece getting a visitor visa. Any way we can increase her chances? We would really like to have some family visit us. It’s hard for us to always have to travel back and forth to Turkey especially with work and vacation time!

Thank you all!!
Your nephew's case is unfortunately the baseline, and so it will be much harder for your niece as a fresh graduate, as she does not have any savings or a full-time job. Not to mention the lack of any travel history. Maybe she can take an unorthodox approach and really outline her short-term and long-term career plans in Istanbul (just to prove that she will not want to overstay in Canada), as well as demonstrate how her industry is doing in Istanbul. Just think of how to really show that she won't try to find work in Canada if she is given a TRV.

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anyone have experience with getting a visitor visa approved with no travel history? As she is visiting family not just for tourism.

vubq123

Star Member
Dec 28, 2018
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
09-05-2020
Does anyone have experience with getting a visitor visa approved with no travel history? As she is visiting family not just for tourism.
I got the visitor visa approved for both my mother and mother-in-law even though they do not have any travel history. However, your niece's chance of getting a visitor visa is not really high based on her profile: just graduated, not working yet, no travel history, no funding, family ties.
Travelling to Canada as a graduation gift from you can be reasonable. But you need something more. How about your niece wants to study in Canada and this will be an exploration trip for her to discover Canada a little bit before she makes her decision.
Imagine how you can convince the officer with your explanation letter.

ryvinson

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
Hello all,

Thank you all!!
If you and/or your husband can provide evidence of financial means to sponsor her trip, you could try giving a sponsorship undertaking, especially undertaking her return to Istanbul at the end of a stipulated date.

Ask a legal counsel to draft the undertaking, including evidence of family relationship.

She should then attach the undertaking in her application. It’s still a long shot, but that’s what I’d do in your situation. Anything good is worth a try.

ryvinson

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
The other option to consider is NOT having her visit you to avoid risking a visa refusal. A refusal, notwithstanding good or bad reasons, may work against her when she applies again in future.

Generally, young and single applicants, like her and her brother, are deemed to be high risk in overstaying their visas.

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you all for your responses. We will take all comments into consideration.