Nov 18, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
Doc's Request.
Pics req 10 Feb, submitted on 16 Feb 2015....Schedule A & PCC request on 29 July2015
Nomination.....
31-12-2014
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
2nd line updated on 29 July 2015
Med's Request
22 January 2016 , RPRF and passport copies
Med's Done....
28 January 2016 and medical received line updated on 12 Feb 2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10 February 2016 submitted on 16 Feb
VISA ISSUED...
11 March 2016
LANDED..........
30-01-2017
Hi everyone, I’m in Ottawa but my case is being processed by NF office. I just received the oath email from them for ceremony on March 10. Any clue how fast/slow they are with sending out the certificate after oath? And if they are usually accepting of request to expedite? I’m hoping to receive the certificate asap for travel purposes…
Thank you!!
I am also from Ottawa and my Oath is scheduled with NF office on 08 March.

Reactions: gatiott

canadiantica15

Sep 14, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
File Transfer...
24-05-2017
Med's Request
06-06-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2017
LANDED..........
15-12-2017
Has anyone recently requested to download a Citizenship e-Certificate at their oath ceremony instead of receiving via mail?

Reactions: gatiott and Fpm800

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
Has anyone recently requested to download a Citizenship e-Certificate at their oath ceremony instead of receiving via mail?
I haven’t since they didn’t ask. I doubt the agents knew anything about it. My agent was definitely not the nicest so I didn’t bother asking.

canadiantica15

Sep 14, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
File Transfer...
24-05-2017
Med's Request
06-06-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2017
LANDED..........
15-12-2017
I haven’t since they didn’t ask. I doubt the agents knew anything about it. My agent was definitely not the nicest so I didn’t bother asking.
I figured as much… I haven’t seen anyone who has requested it since it became available on the portal.

indigonation5

Star Member
Dec 21, 2018
Older person, blond/yellow hair?
yup spot on. maybe they became such due to their tough experiences in the past? :(

with me - felt they were not ready to listen! kept insisting that there are so many other candidates to review blah blah.. rushing through :/

and then eventually noticed that we were all anyway waiting in the break room for quite sometime so there was perhaps time to be a bit more patient with each of us

Last edited:

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
yup spot on. maybe they became such due to their tough experiences in the past? :(

with me - felt they were not ready to listen! kept insisting that there are so many other candidates to review blah blah.. rushing through :/

and then eventually noticed that we were all anyway waiting in the break room for quite sometime so there was perhaps time to be a bit more patient with each of us
I doubt it, not everyone is friendly and has empathy to listen. They actually told me to postpone my oath since I had a travel coming up and I wanted to pick up the cert next day. When I asked about the postponing, they said “it was not a suggestion” referring to postponing, like they decided that I should not take it. So I told them straight up, I want to become a citizen today and I don’t care if I don’t get my cert before I travel. I will be away for a while and I can get the cert sent to me and apply for a passport at the embassy abroad. I know they can process the certs right away, they just do not follow a process or every office has certain process.

Two more steps then I’m done with IRCC for a while. I just cannot wait.

Fpm800

Star Member
Jun 26, 2017
I doubt it, not everyone is friendly and has empathy to listen. They actually told me to postpone my oath since I had a travel coming up and I wanted to pick up the cert next day. When I asked about the postponing, they said “it was not a suggestion” referring to postponing, like they decided that I should not take it. So I told them straight up, I want to become a citizen today and I don’t care if I don’t get my cert before I travel. I will be away for a while and I can get the cert sent to me and apply for a passport at the embassy abroad. I know they can process the certs right away, they just do not follow a process or every office has certain process.

Two more steps then I’m done with IRCC for a while. I just cannot wait.
Look at the email which you received right after the ceremony. What was the agent's initials?
I thought that they had to send the certificate to a Canadian address so hope you don't have issues with that since you will be traveling without it.

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
Look at the email which you received right after the ceremony. What was the agent's initials?
I thought that they had to send the certificate to a Canadian address so hope you don't have issues with that since you will be traveling without it.
I really don’t want to disclose the initials here. The cert will be sent to a Canadian address then my friend will send it over to me with courier like Fedex or DHL. It will be fine, I’m sure.

Reactions: Fpm800

Edifytech

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
I think many people purposefully booked travel plans to expedite documents from IRCC in the recent past. That is why they started saying no. I was about to book but later thought why unnecessarily put pressure on myself and others. If it is a genuine travel emergency for others, I completely understand.

Reactions: Fpm800

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
I think many people purposefully booked travel plans to expedite documents from IRCC in the recent past. That is why they started saying no. I was about to book but later thought why unnecessarily put pressure on myself and others. If it is a genuine travel emergency for others, I completely understand.
I understand, but reading the forums make people anxious about their cert. Personally, I would have liked picking it up in person. A lot of Ottawa applicants are still without their certificates weeks later. One applicant got the cert but hey…it’s not in the system!! The passport office cannot validate it, so no passport for this applicant!!

IRCC no porcess as process is so bad that I’m just happy that I’m almost done, lol.

Rakit

Apr 2, 2018
My file and my fiance's file were marked completed and closed on Feb 18th but could only see it today :D
Congratulation
Quick question, my wife did her oath 17th , and replied to the email she received at the end of the ceremony (sent her form), she did not receive any response even automated one , did you experience the something