+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Niagara Falls IRCC Office - Join this thread

sinou3939

Star Member
Jun 10, 2020
When I got the email this morning, I just saw the date and time - tl;dr :D
Just had a chance to read the whole PDF attachment, looks like page 10 of the attachment is the Oath or Affirmation of Citizenship Form that is to be signed and returned.

I am planning to "bring" the following documents to the ceremony:
PR Card - to be cut in 4 pieces, also a piece of identity for the ceremony before being cut to pieces.
CoPR ("copper") - to be invalidated during the ceremony.
A pair of scissors - to cut up the PR card.
Driver's Licence - I have a single document for Driver's Licence and Health Card (a thing in BC) and also have a sticker for my new address, BC doesn't issue a new card for change of address if your old card is still unexpired.
Current Passport & NEXUS Card - as secondary pieces of IDs.
A printed copy of the Form to sign.
Have Zoom app installed and testing on my computer. I am planning to use the native app rather than use it on the browser, web version of apps have always worked finicky for me.

No hats as the dress code suggests...
I will probably just take a screenshot rather than take a "selfie" with the Judge at the designated time using another camera.. I feel like a screenshot would be of better quality.

Did I miss something?

Reactions: Edifytech

Edifytech

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
When I got the email this morning, I just saw the date and time - tl;dr :D
Just had a chance to read the whole PDF attachment, looks like page 10 of the attachment is the Oath or Affirmation of Citizenship Form that is to be signed and returned.

I am planning to "bring" the following documents to the ceremony:
PR Card - to be cut in 4 pieces, also a piece of identity for the ceremony before being cut to pieces.
CoPR ("copper") - to be invalidated during the ceremony.
A pair of scissors - to cut up the PR card.
Driver's Licence - I have a single document for Driver's Licence and Health Card (a thing in BC) and also have a sticker for my new address, BC doesn't issue a new card for change of address if your old card is still unexpired.
Current Passport & NEXUS Card - as secondary pieces of IDs.
A printed copy of the Form to sign.
Have Zoom app installed and testing on my computer. I am planning to use the native app rather than use it on the browser, web version of apps have always worked finicky for me.

No hats as the dress code suggests...
I will probably just take a screenshot rather than take a "selfie" with the Judge at the designated time using another camera.. I feel like a screenshot would be of better quality.

Did I miss something?

I personally found the browser version easier

Reactions: sinou3939

hussamfarooq

Oct 25, 2021
Any guys requested expedited certificate delivery recently?? I need to travel in 11 days and my oath ceremony is tomorrow

indigonation5

Star Member
Dec 21, 2018
Any guys requested expedited certificate delivery recently?? I need to travel in 11 days and my oath ceremony is tomorrow
oh, just be extra careful please - as apparently the trucker protests in Ottawa has massively delayed certificate deliveries for the applicants there as IRCC offices were impacted.

i believe there was a similar protest in Toronto as well - but not sure how affected the IRCC offices were, albeit the one in Niagara

hussamfarooq

Oct 25, 2021
oh, just be extra careful please - as apparently the trucker protests in Ottawa has massively delayed certificate deliveries for the applicants there as IRCC offices were impacted.

i believe there was a similar protest in Toronto as well - but not sure how affected the IRCC offices were, albeit the one in Niagara
I will ask officer tomorrow if possible delivery or in-person pick up, if not possible i will request for reschedule oath.. I have no other choice

Edifytech

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
For the folks that were in the oath call today, they did not mention anything about the COPR. At-least my agent did not. Hope its alright.

Reactions: Fpm800

kam134

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
Hi guys congrats all of you who got oath invitation or already did.

as May applicant still mine in progress no update only BG and test completed