+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Niagara Falls IRCC Office - Join this thread

ukahmad1

Jul 2, 2017
For people who had their LPP marked as completed on different dates, I don't think LPP completed means decision made for online applications.

My Case:

I got my language and prohibitions completed first at end of Jan and then about 10 days later got my physical presence completed in early Feb so all sections show green since early Feb. Still waiting on Oath Ceremony to start.

People who had their LPP completed after me at NGF office have gotten oath dates, I emailed the NGF office in March and they said my application is being reviewed by an officer and not approved yet. This was about 3 weeks after LPP and all green.

So for people who get LPP marked as completed on the same date maybe they get decision made as well but for the unlucky few who get it completed separately I don't think all green necessarily equals decision made.

Anyone else in this scenario? Will wait till end of May to see if there is any movement otherwise will order application notes and see if I can find anything in there.

Last edited:

pHrankee

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
For people who had their LPP marked as completed on different dates, I don't think LPP completed means decision made for online applications.

My Case:

I got my language and prohibitions completed first at end of Jan and then about 10 days later got my physical presence completed in early Feb so all sections show green since early Feb. Still waiting on Oath Ceremony to start.

People who had their LPP completed after me have gotten oath dates, I emailed the NGF office in March and they said my application is being reviewed by an officer and not approved yet. This was about 3 weeks after LPP and all green.

So for people who get LPP marked as completed on the same date maybe they get decision made as well but for the unlucky few who get it completed separately I don't think all green necessarily equals decision made.

Anyone else in this scenario? Will wait till end of May to see if there is any movement otherwise will order application notes and see if I can find anything in there.
I am in the exact same scenario as yours. LPP completed on Feb 21st, 2023 and still waiting for oath. Niagara, online applicant. My aor was march 22nd, 2022 and completed my test on Dec 5th.

Sheru86

Star Member
Sep 22, 2022
I am a June applicant and my test was completed March 7th . Still waiting on lpp to turn green.
I am keeping an eye on the trends. Based on the timing of the past updates, I hope you get an update on LPP today. If yes, I would hopefully get LPP complete next week.

pHrankee

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
I am keeping an eye on the trends. Based on the timing of the past updates, I hope you get an update on LPP today. If yes, I would hopefully get LPP complete next week.
Just to give some context. My wife test complete status update was mar 7th and she got her LPP on April 11th. So the timelines are all over the place. The original commentator may have just got delayed due to the strike somehow. Online applicant, may 2nd, 2022 aor. No clue how IRCC processes these applications. smh.

• Sad
Reactions: SeniorSpouse

Sheru86

Star Member
Sep 22, 2022
Just to give some context. My wife test complete status update was mar 7th and she got her LPP on April 11th. So the timelines are all over the place. The original commentator may have just got delayed due to the strike somehow. Online applicant, may 2nd, 2022 aor. No clue how IRCC processes these applications. smh.
Uff. So confusing. I hope NGF picks up pace soon. It seems to be quite slow so far compared to other offices.

Rorosgurl

Jan 5, 2014
london ontario
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
October 12th 2013
AOR Received.
October 17th 2013
File Transfer...
December 2nd 2013
Med's Done....
September 6th 2013
Nothing yet. This is so exhausting I swear. Lol

Rorosgurl

Jan 5, 2014
london ontario
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
October 12th 2013
AOR Received.
October 17th 2013
File Transfer...
December 2nd 2013
Med's Done....
September 6th 2013
You are right. They are all over the place. I am thinking my lpp will turn green maybe mid June. But who knows.

Sheru86

Star Member
Sep 22, 2022
You are right. They are all over the place. I am thinking my lpp will turn green maybe mid June. But who knows.
Oh...Hopefully it won't take that long! Many applicants from other offices who applied around the time we did (or even later than us) have already reached/completed the oath stage.

pHrankee

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
Oh...Hopefully it won't take that long! Many applicants from other offices who applied around the time we did (or even later than us) have already reached/completed the oath stage.
I really don't know what to say. Saw an application aor Dec 2022, already got oath. Calgary applicant. I applied march 22, 2022. LPP done on Feb 21st. Over 2 months waiting for oath.

Sohaib89

Star Member
Aug 14, 2014
I really don't know what to say. Saw an application aor Dec 2022, already got oath. Calgary applicant. I applied march 22, 2022. LPP done on Feb 21st. Over 2 months waiting for oath.
lol I am a June 2021 applicant and my LPP got updated on 7th March 2023. No oath and no hope of getting it soon. NGF is extremely lazy. I feel I will be lucky if I get called for oath in July/Aug lol

• Sad
Reactions: trumprefugee

pHrankee

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
Man..I am so sorry. It boils my blood when Calgary ppl are getting oath in 5 months. The system is terrible. I don't how hard is for them to go by first come first serve basis.

senhari2005

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
I have my virtual oath ceremony on May/16 - is it possible to ask for e-certificate or expedited oath certificate due to travel plans?

lightspeed97

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Man..I am so sorry. It boils my blood when Calgary ppl are getting oath in 5 months. The system is terrible. I don't how hard is for them to go by first come first serve basis.
I feel the same way, but then I remember some people that applied in 2021 are still waiting, can only imagine how anxious they are

If some offices have the capacity to process files in 6months why don’t they redistribute the work load . With things virtual applicants from Ontario can be processed by offices in Alberta or bc without any issues

pHrankee

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
I feel the same way, but then I remember some people that applied in 2021 are still waiting, can only imagine how anxious they are

If some offices have the capacity to process files in 6months why don’t they redistribute the work load . With things virtual applicants from Ontario can be processed by offices in Alberta or bc without any issues
Exactly...obviously I am speculating but significant percentage of the applications is probably straight forward..only a small percentage needs additional scrutiny...and yes distribute across the country. Niagara seems to be the slowest among the processing offices. Terribly slow.

lightspeed97

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
I wish we could do an information request , I’ve seen news papers file for them on other immigration delays / issues . Ask what the processing speed is among various ircc citizenship offices . If Niagara office is clearly slower than everyone else which I really suspect , the spotlight might kick them into action

Reactions: SeniorSpouse