+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Niagara Falls IRCC Office - Join this thread

ukahmad1

Jul 2, 2017
Anyone here waiting for their LPP to be completed at Niagara falls office
This office is frustrating
Still waiting for LPP to complete since October 2022. Pure conjecture but maybe Niagara Falls office completed their online application processing quota for Fiscal year 22-23 (they were processing things pretty quick at one point last year) and hopefully we can see some quick processing from them once the new Fiscal year starts in April.

Thought I wouldn't have to apply for a PR card renewal but guess I should do that now since I'm not very hopeful they'll do anything before April but I hope I'm wrong

Reactions: Geno.uss

aslashath

Feb 24, 2018
Still waiting for LPP to complete since October 2022. Pure conjecture but maybe Niagara Falls office completed their online application processing quota for Fiscal year 22-23 (they were processing things pretty quick at one point last year) and hopefully we can see some quick processing from them once the new Fiscal year starts in April.

Thought I wouldn't have to apply for a PR card renewal but guess I should do that now since I'm not very hopeful they'll do anything before April but I hope I'm wrong
I thought IRCC has a system in place to verify and give results.
This way putting applicants through a fiscal year is quite unheard of for humans.
I am sure they do not have such a system.

Reactions: Geno.uss

SeniorSpouse

Star Member
May 8, 2018
Best way to deal with the situation is just to forget about it. It will happen when it happens. Not dying without the passport lol...thats how I see it.
Some of us are over 70 and dying is not completely out of the question. We should expect a roughly FIFO order of processing, Our travel is impacted so is one’s ability to share family occasions together. Once I get Canadian citizenship I can live anywhere and never be denied coming and going from Canada. Until then life is uncertain. You re right there is little we can do about it but the lack of compassion is inexcusable.

snapjet

Dec 3, 2022

I don't disagree with that conjecture - there is something definitely intentional and sketchy going on here where the bureaucrats are gaming this to get favorable numbers for the next fiscal. In addition, Mississauga and Scar voters ultimately have a final say in who 'governs' in Ottawa so the rest of the applications are simply treated with disdain.