+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nexus card usage and entry records

hkalltheway

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
For those with knowledge on this issue, someone was saying that Nexus uses a different system than CBSA, so when CIC requests CBSA entry / exit reports, Nexus entries / exits do not show up. Is that true? This would be interesting while applying for citizenship, where if we travel through the USA to a foreign country, the foreign stamp would show, but no entry back into Canada or US would show, because it was only recorded in the Nexus system. Can anyone please confirm?

nsaurav

May 23, 2014
I am a Nexus memeber too and when I got my CBSA report all entry from nexus were there. On report, it will say Nexus Lane, other information just like other normal entry through PR card. So don't worry, they will have all your entry information into Canada.

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
nsaurav said:
I am a Nexus memeber too and when I got my CBSA report all entry from nexus were there. On report, it will say Nexus Lane, other information just like other normal entry through PR card. So don't worry, they will have all your entry information into Canada.
Does it have entries to the US through Nexus lanes on the CBSA report?

nsaurav

May 23, 2014
Yes, It does if you order a FOIA report. Regular I-94 from online that you can print by yourself does not have any Nexus entry records.

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
nsaurav said:
Yes, It does if you order a FOIA report. Regular I-94 from online that you can print by yourself does not have any Nexus entry records.
But do they appear on Canadian CBSA report?

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
nsaurav said:
Yes, CBSA report shows Nexus Lane, date, time and other details.
For entries to the US or just entries to Canada? Sorry, I am not being clear--I am asking if the CBSA report shows both Canadian and US entries made with Nexus card.

YNSAFDARI

Star Member
Feb 6, 2016
Just for the information you cannot apply for your nexus card until after you have been in Canada for more than 3 years.

kis7ooskarr

Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
hkalltheway said:
For those with knowledge on this issue, someone was saying that Nexus uses a different system than CBSA, so when CIC requests CBSA entry / exit reports, Nexus entries / exits do not show up. Is that true? This would be interesting while applying for citizenship, where if we travel through the USA to a foreign country, the foreign stamp would show, but no entry back into Canada or US would show, because it was only recorded in the Nexus system. Can anyone please confirm?
I have my NEXUS card but have not used it. When I was interviewed for NEXUS in the boarder CBSA office, I asked the CBSA officer that if the travel history will show up on the report. He said YES! If we use NEXUS to cross the boarder, the report will say NEXUS Card as the travel document. it's the same as we using PR Card and passport, the report will say PR Card as travel document. There shouldn't be any issues when we request travel history report for citizenship application.

nsaurav

May 23, 2014
links18 said:
For entries to the US or just entries to Canada? Sorry, I am not being clear--I am asking if the CBSA report shows both Canadian and US entries made with Nexus card.
CBSA report is for Canada and it will show ONLY Canadian entries and if you want US entries you have to order through FOIA. You are combining two different reports in one. CBSA does not have anything to do with US entry because CBSA does not track your exit. In CBSA report it will say NEXUS, your Nexus card number and other details. On US report you will see your NEXUS entries but does not mention NEXUS anywhere in report.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nsaurav said:
CBSA report is for Canada and it will show ONLY Canadian entries and if you want US entries you have to order through FOIA. You are combining two different reports in one. CBSA does not have anything to do with US entry because CBSA does not track your exit. In CBSA report it will say NEXUS, your Nexus card number and other details. On US report you will see your NEXUS entries but does not mention NEXUS anywhere in report.
That's apparently changing very soon (later this year). Phase III of the Beyond the Border program will capture exit data at land borders for everyone, including citizens and PR holders of Canada and The U.S..

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/btb-pdf/ebsiip-asfipi-eng.html

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
Ponga said:
That's apparently changing very soon (later this year). Phase III of the Beyond the Border program will capture exit data at land borders for everyone, including citizens and PR holders of Canada and The U.S..

There are still "legislative changes" necessary before Phase III is implemented, but they should already be sharing info on PRs who are not citizens of either country, so entries made to the US via nexus for such persons should show up on CBSA report.

hkalltheway

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
nsaurav said:
You say Nexus lanes...does this also include any entries at international airports here in Canada using the Nexus line?

Sam8119

Aug 26, 2016

Hi Ponga,
Nice to see your comments after a while, we discussed on PR thread. I was wondering if you can tell me whether I am eligible for nexus. I have 1 year US visa (Newly landed PR but lived in US and Canada for total of 10 years). Do you think 1 year visa can clear my 5 year Nexus?
Sam

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You say Nexus lanes...does this also include any entries at international airports here in Canada using the Nexus line?
Yes. I also crossed a few times using NEXUS on the train and it shows on my US record, too.