+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEXUS application

Smithlee9019

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
Can I apply NECUS after my citizenship completed and received canadian passport or even now i can applied. This card can help me as Truck driver please advice thanks.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Can I apply NECUS after my citizenship completed and received canadian passport or even now i can applied. This card can help me as Truck driver please advice thanks.
wait for your Canadian citizenship process to complete
otherwise you will apply with your current passport it will take 15 months then you ask them to update it to the new Canadian passport it will take another few months

Reactions: Smithlee9019

santaguy

Star Member
Jun 6, 2018
I got Conditional approval for my Nexus application dated April 2023 on 30th Jan 2024 (yesterday). I was able to book an appointment for today, 31st Jan 2024, at Fort Eire. It was an easy process, but I had to drive to the US Nexus office at PeaceBridge (US side) after my Canadian verification at the Canada side (central Ave office). The application is approved, and waiting for the Nexus card, which they said will take a few weeks. Thanks.
What documents did you take for an appointment? I have an appointment next week at the fort Erie location.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
What documents did you take for an appointment? I have an appointment next week at the fort Erie location.
Original passport, printout of the of conditional approval notification(login to your computer to access the notification and print that out)
Make sure you check the application, if you require any corrections to be done, you can highlight it to the CBP officer who can make the updates at the same time during the interview.(No it will not delay approval or push back your application)
They will ask, why you need Nexus...

Last edited:

Horus_88

Oct 28, 2017
Did anyone have their interview at the Fort Erie Nexus Enrolment Center recently? Will you need to cross the bridge to have the US interview at Buffalo or both interviews will be done at the Canadian side?

Thanks!

santaguy

Star Member
Jun 6, 2018
I recently had my Nexus interview at Whirlpool Bridge, Niagara Falls, NY, and the experience was surprisingly smooth. Arriving 15 minutes early, I filled out a form to update my address in the application. The U.S. officer didn't ask any questions and collected my driver's license, PR card, passport, and i797. After the standard 10 fingerprinting and photographing process, she explained the details of the Nexus card. The Canadian officer was friendly too, providing insights into the program, and answered all the questions I had. My application status changed to approved within just 20 minutes.
overall they didn't ask any question other than if I had any court case pending.

santaguy

Star Member
Jun 6, 2018
Did anyone have their interview at the Fort Erie Nexus Enrolment Center recently? Will you need to cross the bridge to have the US interview at Buffalo or both interviews will be done at the Canadian side?

Thanks!
You will have to first give an interview on the Canadian side and then cross the border and interview on the US side. I didn't interview at that location but initially, i booked at this location only and got these instructions from them.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
I recently had my Nexus interview at Whirlpool Bridge, Niagara Falls, NY, and the experience was surprisingly smooth. Arriving 15 minutes early, I filled out a form to update my address in the application. The U.S. officer didn't ask any questions and collected my driver's license, PR card, passport, and i797. After the standard 10 fingerprinting and photographing process, she explained the details of the Nexus card. The Canadian officer was friendly too, providing insights into the program, and answered all the questions I had. My application status changed to approved within just 20 minutes.
overall they didn't ask any question other than if I had any court case pending.
I did mine in May 2023(applied in Oct 2022 when I got the Canadian passport) at Whirlpool location as well.. This place has both CBP and CBSA officers under the same room.
Even if you one needs to make changes to their application e.g. I asked the CBP officer to remove certain countries from the list that I visited as I found that I made and error at the time of filling up the Nexus application., which they did without a fuss.
CBSA officer was even more chilled out and explained the do's and dont's of the program
All in all like you mentioned, 20 mins in and out

sri88

Star Member
Sep 2, 2022

Thanks!
yes, for the US side interview.

vkbca

Mar 29, 2021
Can you pls share your timeline as well?