+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEXUS application

Kiikii

Jul 6, 2022
Hello Everyone, my husband just completed his canadian side interview, mine is next week, we also had our baby during the wait time for nexus. So i need some advice from you all :)

I will be taking my baby along for Canadian interview next week, will she be automatically included in our nexus.

How can we do the US side of the interview on the border via road, we dont intend to fly sometime a year from now but we do go to buffalo and might drive to our family further down.

Thank you all :)

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hello Everyone, my husband just completed his canadian side interview, mine is next week, we also had our baby during the wait time for nexus. So i need some advice from you all :)

I will be taking my baby along for Canadian interview next week, will she be automatically included in our nexus.

How can we do the US side of the interview on the border via road, we dont intend to fly sometime a year from now but we do go to buffalo and might drive to our family further down.

Regardless of your age, you must create a Global Online Enrollment System account, pay a $100 non-refundable application fee, and schedule an interview at a NEXUS Enrollment Center. If you are under the age of 18, a parent or legal guardian must be present at time of interview.

Reactions: YVR123

vkbca

Mar 29, 2021

No. Not automatically included as you'd need to create a TTP profile, apply for Nexus for your child and go through the whole process of applying, approval and interview.
Fair warning, if you apply now it will only get approved after 12-14 months. I'm sure you're aware of that already by now.

Regardless of your age, you must create a Global Online Enrollment System account, pay a $100 non-refundable application fee, and schedule an interview at a NEXUS Enrollment Center. If you are under the age of 18, a parent or legal guardian must be present at time of interview.
That's not true. Nexus is free for kids below 18. - https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/prog/nexus/menu-eng.html (current : 2023-06-20)

It is only for Global Entry that everyone needs to pay $100. And the CBP link for Children eligibility for Nexus is extremely outdated - March 25, 2019

Also Nexus application fee is $50.

Last edited:
Reactions: YVR123

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016

I agree with what @vkbca mentioned.
A separate Nexus application for your baby needs to be created for them to have their own Nexus ID.
For children below 18 Nexus is free.
Only drawback as highlighted above is the processing time. It can exceed 6+ months easily.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
No. Not automatically included as you'd need to create a TTP profile, apply for Nexus for your child and go through the whole process of applying, approval and interview.
Fair warning, if you apply now it will only get approved after 12-14 months. I'm sure you're aware of that already by now.

That's not true. Nexus is free for kids below 18. - https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/prog/nexus/menu-eng.html (current : 2023-06-20)

It is only for Global Entry that everyone needs to pay $100. And the CBP link for Children eligibility for Nexus is extremely outdated - March 25, 2019

Also Nexus application fee is $50.
yes, that's correct. my bad. i just copy pasted it, but I remember having to pay nothing for my infant son.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
I agree with what @vkbca mentioned.
A separate Nexus application for your baby needs to be created for them to have their own Nexus ID.
For children below 18 Nexus is free.
Only drawback as highlighted above is the processing time. It can exceed 6+ months easily.
am currently at 7 months for my nexus application and nearly 18 months for my citizenship application. LOL.

kurtrules

Star Member
May 6, 2016
The fee is USD 50, not $100 as written by someone above.

Each person, regardless of age, needs a separate application. I applied for my spouse, two kids and myself. Paid $100 USD only for the adults, kids free.

On a different note, some credit cards rebate your fee up to $100 CAD. I got a portion of our application fee refunded using the TD Visa Infinite Aeroplan.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
The fee is USD 50, not $100 as written by someone above.

Each person, regardless of age, needs a separate application. I applied for my spouse, two kids and myself. Paid $100 USD only for the adults, kids free.

On a different note, some credit cards rebate your fee up to $100 CAD. I got a portion of our application fee refunded using the TD Visa Infinite Aeroplan.
Huh... I had TD Visa Infinite Aeroplan the reimbursed the complete amount for both my wife and I

Reactions: kurtrules