+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEXUS application

canada449

Star Member
Jun 30, 2023
I recently became canadian citizen and I will update my citizenship and passport information on my nexus file. Do you know if we can use the nexus card with old nationality after updating citizenship info? I am planning a trip soon and I dont want to wait for replacement card for 1 month.

sri88

Star Member
Sep 2, 2022
I recently became canadian citizen and I will update my citizenship and passport information on my nexus file. Do you know if we can use the nexus card with old nationality after updating citizenship info? I am planning a trip soon and I dont want to wait for replacement card for 1 month.
You might receive a new card.. You can check with the enrolment centre.

vkbca

Mar 29, 2021
you are supposed to receive a new card with the new country on the card. Hopefully it comes soon.

chotu123

Star Member
Aug 19, 2014
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Nomination.....
10-01-2015
IELTS Request
with app
Med's Request
18-07-2015
Med's Done....
09-08-2015
Passport Req..
02-09-2015
LANDED..........
09-05-2016
I applied for Nexus today. How long is conditional approval taking these days?

johnluoca

Dec 27, 2022
high probability you will be asked for another interview. CBP and CBSA will enter the nationality information into the system.

arun_canpr

Star Member
Apr 27, 2019
Finally received NEXUS conditional approval for me and my family(2 adult + 1 child) - However, when I try to book an appointment for interview, the only option I get is Champlain, NY. Do they have both Canadian and US border officer interview there? Any idea?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Finally received NEXUS conditional approval for me and my family(2 adult + 1 child) - However, when I try to book an appointment for interview, the only option I get is Champlain, NY. Do they have both Canadian and US border officer interview there? Any idea?
Book individually the appointments for each member of the family.
You will find more centers having multiple slots available

beckhsrules

Star Member
Jul 28, 2020
Ontario
Category........
FSW
Job Offer........
Yes
I am a new Canadian Citizen(Apr 2024). I have been in Canada since 2020. The time prior to that 2014-2020 I was in US. Can I apply for Nexus once I recieve my passport or is there a wait time before I can apply for Nexus?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
I am a new Canadian Citizen(Apr 2024). I have been in Canada since 2020. The time prior to that 2014-2020 I was in US. Can I apply for Nexus once I recieve my passport or is there a wait time before I can apply for Nexus?
You can apply without any wait
At least prepare the application on the Nexus website https://ttp.dhs.gov/ and once you get the Canadian passport update the application with it.
Keep in mind current Nexus processing time to receive a conditional approval in a good 12 months (very rare case you may get it little earlier)

arun_canpr

Star Member
Apr 27, 2019
Book individually the appointments for each member of the family.
You will find more centers having multiple slots available
Thanks Abbas - My question is specific:

I can find only Champlain, NY and Ogdensburg, NY with the earliest appointment dates. Do you know if they have US-only interview or both US-Canadian will be completed there?

LargeLanguageModelBot

Star Member
Sep 6, 2023

I can find only Champlain, NY and Ogdensburg, NY with the earliest appointment dates. Do you know if they have US-only interview or both US-Canadian will be completed there?
You interview both sides at once for these locations. In fact, for all locations, as long as it's not an airport.
That guy responds a lot, but sometimes misses the questions lol.

Reactions: arun_canpr

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016

Looks like these 2 locations (Champlain and Ogdensburg) conduct joint interview with Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) and U.S. CBP officers

The following centers are open for scheduled NEXUS split interviews: https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/services/travel-voyage/prog/nexus/centres-eng.html
  • Lansdowne, Ontario / Alexandria Bay, New York
  • Fort Erie, Ontario (Peace Bridge) / Buffalo, New York (Peace Bridge)
  • Derby Line, Vermont / Stanstead, Quebec

Reactions: arun_canpr