Br33zer

Mar 18, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
usually What citizenship do you hold or have currently have/applied with.. Countries visited in the last 5 yrs.. current occupation. Why do you need Nexus,etc
How did you answer about the need of Nexus? Also do the Niagara EC enrol iris scan? If they they do then I’ll have to remove lenses.

Susanng

Jul 20, 2018
I applied Jul 12 2023. Recently I checked my online application and noticed a "Membership # / PASSID" under my name. Does it mean I've been initially approved and should expect something? The status is still not changing : "Pending review", "Initial enrolment".
I got conditional approval today :)

Applied: Jul 12 2023
Conditional approval: Apr 19 2024

Reactions: Babsfrey

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
How did you answer about the need of Nexus? Also do the Niagara EC enrol iris scan? If they they do then I’ll have to remove lenses.
For my own Nexus interview the CBP officer asked me the question, I mentioned that I have been travelling extensively to the US for business meetings and these recurrence of this trip post CoViD is already increasing.
This question was not asked to my wife and my daughters during their respective interviews
Our last visit 2 days to the Whirlpool location the CBSA officer explained that there location is not doing IRIS scans anymore and said that next time when they are using the GE/Nexus kiosks at the Canadian airport they will have to do a facial recognition/verification at the airport

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-traveler-programs/nexus/card

Reactions: Br33zer

rifo94

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
For my own Nexus interview the CBP officer asked me the question, I mentioned that I have been travelling extensively to the US for business meetings and these recurrence of this trip post CoViD is already increasing.
This question was not asked to my wife and my daughters during their respective interviews
Our last visit 2 days to the Whirlpool location the CBSA officer explained that there location is not doing IRIS scans anymore and said that next time when they are using the GE/Nexus kiosks at the Canadian airport they will have to do a facial recognition/verification at the airport

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-traveler-programs/nexus/card
My reason is to only benefit from expediate lanes and faster security checks. If I tell the officer this kinds of responses will it be problem?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Got conditional approval for my daughter and self on 4/20. Will plan for interview together
You will have to book one interview at a time when you login in to your respective accounts
Look for centers which have multiple interview booking slots open and book accordingly

Last edited:

Susanng

Jul 20, 2018
at least 10 business days through regular post, activate the card by login into your Nexus application profile
Card no longer needs to be activated, i had the interview yesterday and the officer said so. The “activate card” button is removed and does not appear in my account.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Card no longer needs to be activated, i had the interview yesterday and the officer said so. The “activate card” button is removed and does not appear in my account.
I checked my daughter’s application profile. The activate card tab is still there

Last edited: