+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Next Step Job Bank" but already have LMO?

Popowich

Feb 3, 2015
Husband received his first message back from EE and it's telling him to check the job banks as he does not have a valid offer but he currently has a positive LMO and it does not expire until May 28, 2015. Any ideas on what we could do to fix this?

the_lion

May 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EE profile hasnt really recognized the fact that he has an LMO!
try checking if that information exists in the profile in the rightest possible way!

irishIan

Star Member
Apr 10, 2013
the_lion said:
EE profile hasnt really recognized the fact that he has an LMO!
try checking if that information exists in the profile in the rightest possible way!
Its possible that he needs an LMIA which i hope isnt the case because he could be waiting a while. Ring CIC and confirm that the current LMO is acceptable and i would ring them ASAP

macast

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Yellowknife
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow, subscribing, let me know what happen please, I have a valid LMO and my LMIA will take around 3 months, I see no reason to not accept a valid LMO, since is a valid job offer.

Popowich

Feb 3, 2015
Tried updating it again but it would not. Everything looks correct. Perhaps his LMO is too old? or would expire before the process completes? I'll call CIC tomorrow.

Popowich

Feb 3, 2015
Called them today. The person who answered said LMOs do not qualify for EE regardless of expiry date(only LMIA now). I told him that did not make any sense if the LMO was still valid than how was CEC suppose to apply through Express Entry. He has given me a e-mail address for "technical" support but unsure if that will help our application or not.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Popowich said:
Husband received his first message back from EE and it's telling him to check the job banks as he does not have a valid offer but he currently has a positive LMO and it does not expire until May 28, 2015. Any ideas on what we could do to fix this?
Is may 28, the validity date of LMO or work permit. I assume you also have a job and work permit. How long is the work permit valid for?

Though it does not make any sense. If LMO really does not qualify then it would invalidate ITA instead of asking one to "check job bank".

I suspect it is just an error by some one there who doesn't know the rules.

But if may 28, 2015 is the expiry date of work permit, then it makes sense.

hope for the best

Star Member
May 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
unknown
NOC Code......
6XXX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Popowich said:
Called them today. The person who answered said LMOs do not qualify for EE regardless of expiry date(only LMIA now). I told him that did not make any sense if the LMO was still valid than how was CEC suppose to apply through Express Entry. He has given me a e-mail address for "technical" support but unsure if that will help our application or not.
I think this is not possible ... when your husband applying EE online and the system will ask for his LMO # and if he did put into the CORRECT LMO # then the system is able to confirm it then award that 600 points to him. So please go back and check if he has put into the CORRECT LMO #

Ressie Timbang

Star Member
Apr 17, 2014
Hello old timers.. My LMO valid 2 years til 2016...my EE points is 786 under CEC without WES..but will get it assess asap. Will they accept my LMO instead LMIA?...

forever21

Star Member
Nov 17, 2014
Ressie Timbang said:
Hello old timers.. My LMO valid 2 years til 2016...my EE points is 786 under CEC without WES..but will get it assess asap. Will they accept my LMO instead LMIA?...
I just created my profile under EE using LMO and it went through exactly the same as LMIA :)

forever21

Star Member
Nov 17, 2014
Popowich said:
That's odd... When you got the message from CIC after submitting your profile, did it say that you score 600 points for LMO?

I used LMO, and in the message from CIC it clearly says ''Job Bank'' - Not applicable

Popowich

Feb 3, 2015
Not accepting his LMO #, all the information I had placed for it is correct. I have checked over it several times. His score is not above 600, in the 400's.

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My two cents on this.....maybe its because the minimum job offer has to be at least 1 year with LMIA to get 600 points. So, validity date could be the reason here.

naga.msbi

Jan 29, 2014
Popowich said:

Hi ,
I applied with valid LMO valid till 2015 while creating EE profile I gave the valid LMO details it accepted and I don't find any issues and I award with 600 points .

2nd draw I got ITA for CEC .. while I'm filing my application I found LMO details are not shown in the application so I need to enter them manually I'm waiting for my Education documents ECA . Once I get I will apply...

I have valid job offer and my NOC code is 2174.

ayaznoor

Nov 13, 2016
Hi everyone,

This forum is great help, however, I was not able to find the answer to a question that I have.

I have a completed, and accepted profile on the CIC website, and after my application got reviewed, I got a message of "Next Steps - Job Bank." This was received on Oct 30, and within a week, I had completed my Job Bank profile, using the the verfiication codes n all. My Job Bank profile has been active since. However, my CIC application still shows the same status. Is this normal?

Once you create your profile, shouldn't the CIC application update as well? Please let me know.

Thanks.