+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Newborn passport,ssn how many days in usa?

Anpman

Apr 15, 2018
hello all,
We are expecting a baby in July ...We have received PPR mail...and want to add baby in application...I read the process of adding newborn to application...It says to send baby birth certificate,passport,medical s in 1month after birth...
So I want to know whether we can get newborn SSN,US passport in 1 month?
Anyone who was in same condition plz let me know ur experience...
Thank you...

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
hello all,
We are expecting a baby in July ...We have received PPR mail...and want to add baby in application...I read the process of adding newborn to application...It says to send baby birth certificate,passport,medical s in 1month after birth...
So I want to know whether we can get newborn SSN,US passport in 1 month?
Anyone who was in same condition plz let me know ur experience...
Thank you...
This kind of issues are nothing specific for H1 holders and might not have much members here on these rare issues. So refer the core/major threads to get help soon and for correct procedures:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/adding-a-child-after-ppr.572655/
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/adding-new-born-after-ppr-request-but-no-update-in-mycic-account.535156/
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/adding-a-child-after-ppr.572655/page-2
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/addition-of-newborn-baby-after-ppr.524670/

langoorbandar

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
Bay Area, USA
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Newborn passport can be had in US within a day if you want it urgently if you visit the Passport Agency office in person. I've done it for my daughter when I had to submit it for COPR and we got it doen within 2 business days. At least in In California, they take a week to issue you a birth certificate after child is born since data needs to be transferred from hospital to county records office and there is some delay involved there. However, once you have official birth certificate, you can visit passport agency office in person and that is all you need for getting the passport. As far as SSN is concerned, its not required for Canadian immigration purposes nor for obtaining US Passport. However, even that will arrive within 3-4 weeks of child's birth if the hospital does necessary paperwork prior to your discharge.

Anpman

Apr 15, 2018
Newborn passport can be had in US within a day if you want it urgently if you visit the Passport Agency office in person. I've done it for my daughter when I had to submit it for COPR and we got it doen within 2 business days. At least in In California, they take a week to issue you a birth certificate after child is born since data needs to be transferred from hospital to county records office and there is some delay involved there. However, once you have official birth certificate, you can visit passport agency office in person and that is all you need for getting the passport. As far as SSN is concerned, its not required for Canadian immigration purposes nor for obtaining US Passport. However, even that will arrive within 3-4 weeks of child's birth if the hospital does necessary paperwork prior to your discharge.
Ok...thanx a lot...I live in Ohio..I wl check for local passport office...one more thing did u do upfront medical for ur kid or waited for cic instructions for medical?

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Ok...thanx a lot...I live in Ohio..I wl check for local passport office...one more thing did u do upfront medical for ur kid or waited for cic instructions for medical?
You can get the medicals done ASAP and then upload whenever asked.

langoorbandar

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
Bay Area, USA
Visa Office......
Ottawa
We got the passport first and then did the medicals. In our case, ADR was issued for medicals, additional fees and immigration forms form for my daughter since she was born after e-APR but before PPR. In fact, IRCC delayed issuing of PPR since my wife was pregnant and was waiting for the child's birth so that they could issue PPR together for everyone.