+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEWBORN FOR PR OUTSIDE CANADA

sunjohn

Mar 29, 2011
Hi I am a PR of Canada presently residing in Dubai and going to settle permanently in Canada within few months.I have got a daughter (newborn) and dont know how to get her a PR status.When I checked with the Embassy in Abudhabi they told me they can do for me when I go to settle down in Canada but they would require my Dubai Visa cancellation page in my passport which could only prove that I am going from here for good.But my problem is that after cancelling the Resident Visa in Dubai my employer would hand over the Passport to me in the Airport only.So I decided to apply from India.Does anybody knows which forms to fill,where to apply,what all documents are required,how much money is needed to apply and is any deposit at time of landing required again and within how many days it can be done?I know that I asked a lot of questions,but please help me.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You landed as a PR before your baby was born? Your wife too? If that is the case, you can sponsor the baby for PR but you must be residing in Canada to do that. Try to apply for a visit visa for the baby to come with you. If unsuccessful, you can try applying for a TRP for the baby, for some it has worked but what is certain to work is that one of the parents goes to Canada and applies to sponsor and the other one stays behind with the baby.

If you are not landed but holding a PR visa and waiting to land, you need to return the PR visa and apply for the baby to be added to your application.

sunjohn

Mar 29, 2011
I,my wife and 1st daughter already landed during 2009 and got PR Card,now I wanted to go permanently and settle in Canada and take my 2nd daughter with us who was born after landing and outside Canada.Can I ask you what is TRP?Can I apply it in Canadian Embassy in Abudhabi?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. First you apply for a TRV for the baby, a visit visa. If you get it, you don't have a problem, you take the baby to Canada and sponsor.

2. If the embassy refuses you a TRV, you can try applying for a TRP, temporary resident permit, usually reserved for people who are inadmissible to Canada but may have humane and compassionate grounds to be there anyway. No guarantee that you will get that either but you can give as a reason that it would be hard for your family to be split up while one of the parents has to go to Canada to sponsor her. I have heard of a couple of people saying they got a TRP for their baby but some people say that it is more likely to get refused. I have no person experience with applying for a TRP but you can ask the embassy, that is if the visit visa is refused.

3. Either you or your wife goes alone or with the older child to Canada to apply for sponsorship while the other waits with the baby for the sponsorship to come through, either in Dubai or in India.

sunjohn

Mar 29, 2011
Thanx leon :D ,I got an email from abudhabi canadian embassy to take TRP since I am going to permanently settle and today I went and submitted the form and paid CAD75.They gave an appointment after 2 days and told they will give some docs on that day and we will have to get the medical done with that form.They also mentioned that it would take some time as 4 weeks to get the visa since I was going to permanently settle they are going for TRP and not TRV.TRP would help me there in applying for PR for my kid as TRV is for the tourists.I also will have to produce docs that I am going to permanently settle in Canada such as entire families UAE visa cancellation docs,copy of accepted resignation letters of me and spouse etc.
The info from you was very specific & helpful to me,thanx once again n god bless.

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
Leon said:
1. First you apply for a TRV for the baby, a visit visa. If you get it, you don't have a problem, you take the baby to Canada and sponsor.

2. If the embassy refuses you a TRV, you can try applying for a TRP, temporary resident permit, usually reserved for people who are inadmissible to Canada but may have humane and compassionate grounds to be there anyway. No guarantee that you will get that either but you can give as a reason that it would be hard for your family to be split up while one of the parents has to go to Canada to sponsor her. I have heard of a couple of people saying they got a TRP for their baby but some people say that it is more likely to get refused. I have no person experience with applying for a TRP but you can ask the embassy, that is if the visit visa is refused.

3. Either you or your wife goes alone or with the older child to Canada to apply for sponsorship while the other waits with the baby for the sponsorship to come through, either in Dubai or in India.
I agree with him. God forsake dont let your baby be there and dont apply for PR first. My niece has been suffering from this. Its been more than A YEAR AND HALF since we have been waiting for her PR. Try getting TRV or TRP on humanitarian grounds.

I am so sad to see how CIC is treating kids like that and taking so damn long for even new born kids. What kinda background check they wanna do on kids.

sunjohn

Mar 29, 2011
I didnt know that taking PR for kids would take so long...anyway praying to get TRP which would enable us to go together with our kid.Thanx Missha.

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
sunjohn said:
I didnt know that taking PR for kids would take so long...anyway praying to get TRP which would enable us to go together with our kid.Thanx Missha.
Please keep updating here of what happened after you applied TRV or TRP and the process. Alot of forum dont commonly discuss these issues and it might help anyone in future. :)

sunjohn

Mar 29, 2011
Atlast I got TRP for my kid.They asked for copy of my resignation letter with proof of acceptance,visa cancellation proof for the entire family and proof of end of service benefits received from my employer within a months time since I applied for the TRP.Also they took fees of AED 730.

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
I am happy, it worked out for you.

Can you please explain the procedures, like which forms you used?

Thanksh

truedeath1

Aug 18, 2011
Hi my wife is Canadian PR. We got married in Bangladesh after she landed there. She also gave birth of our child while we are in Bangladesh. Now she needs to go back to Canada to apply for me. From the above posts, i understand she can apply TRV for the baby and take him with her. and after going to Canada, she can apply for me. I want to know the procedure in detail. also i want to know if there is any time limit to apply for the new born baby.