+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Newbie - Need some help in understanding the process.

venkat_jsp

May 25, 2016
Hello everyone, I am new to the forum. I read the first post on this thread which outlines the entire process in detail. Please throw some light on the following.

Brief Background:

- I have 15 years experience in Paint Industry and currently working in Middle east for the past 5 years.
- Post graduate from one of the IITs and working primarily in the field of Paints and Industrial Coatings.

With the above background, are there good chances of getting a job offer ?
In the process outlined, it was mentioned that we need to register in the Job bank. Is ITA dependent on having a job offer ? So, if I get an ITA, does it mean that I will have a job offer in hand or - getting a job is independent of getting an ITA ?

Please advise.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The chances of obtaining a job offer are likely extremely low. It's typically very difficult to obtain a job offer and LMIA from outside of Canada.

No - a job offer is not required to get ITA. However you have to have enough points to get ITA. How many points do you have under EE without a job offer?

kirtivsingh

Dec 13, 2011
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
12-02-2016
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
venkat_jsp said:
Hello everyone, I am new to the forum. I read the first post on this thread which outlines the entire process in detail. Please throw some light on the following.

Brief Background:

- I have 15 years experience in Paint Industry and currently working in Middle east for the past 5 years.
- Post graduate from one of the IITs and working primarily in the field of Paints and Industrial Coatings.

With the above background, are there good chances of getting a job offer ?
In the process outlined, it was mentioned that we need to register in the Job bank. Is ITA dependent on having a job offer ? So, if I get an ITA, does it mean that I will have a job offer in hand or - getting a job is independent of getting an ITA ?

Please advise.
ITA is not directly dependent on job offer but if you have a LMIA approved job offer you get 600 points which almost confirms ITA. Having said that if your CRS score is 450+ their is a strong possibility you would get ITA although you might have to wait a bit.

Getting job offer from overseas is close to impossible. Some lawyers get that done but they charge you for that and it is unethical also.

I would suggest if you plan on coming to Canada:
1. Check the NOC code for your job
2. Get an evaluation of your profile using come to Canada tool.
3. Give IELTS and get your score.
4. Make EE profile and wait for ITA

venkat_jsp

May 25, 2016
A week back I entered my information for the Express Entry and it said I am eligible. I have to try again to note the exact score.
If I have a relative like a sibling who is a PR in canada will that help ? (I dont have any right now, but want to know).

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
venkat_jsp said:
A week back I entered my information for the Express Entry and it said I am eligible. I have to try again to note the exact score.
If I have a relative like a sibling who is a PR in canada will that help ? (I dont have any right now, but want to know).
It will not add any points to your CRS score, but it will be considered while calculating the 67/100 points under FSW.

Would suggest to go through the fist two threads, it will answer most of your questions.

ellia

Nov 12, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-10-2015
AOR Received.
22-11-2015
Med's Done....
23-11-2015
Passport Req..
16-05-2016
LANDED..........
04-07-2016
There are two types of tools on the IRCC website, I'm assuming you're talking about the "Come to Canada" tool that determines whether or not you're eligible to come to Canada and if yes, under what program. It's good that the tool found you eligible.
The next step is to check your Comprehensive Rankng System score via the CRS calculator. When you get that score, you'll be able to make a rough estimate of how long the process will take for you.

Stanlee has already answered your question, I'll just add that a relative could be considered the "ties to province" if you decide to go the PNP route and they live in the relevant province.

venkat_jsp

May 25, 2016
Thank you all for answering my questions. I will put in my information again to get insights into my CRS Score. Will be back soon.