Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Aug 17
IELTS Request
Sep 01
Med's Done....
Sept 01 (Med Pass)
I am so excited about new announcement about the BC PNP.
Currently have EE profile for CEC but i'm at 428 points.. (not likely to get ITA), so only option is to get the PNP.
However, I am a bit curious about the guaranteed invitation scores.

It says on the BC PNP website;
-------------------------------------------------------------
'Guaranteed Invitations

If you achieve or exceed the following registration scores, you will receive an invitation to apply in the next draw for your category. Invitations to apply may be issued for scores lower than these minimums. The minimum scores and dates for each draw will be posted on this page. The frequency of invitations is based on annual nomination allocations and program capacity to ensure timely processing of applications. Guaranteed invitation scores are subject to change. '

Category Minimum Score
Skills Immigration - Skilled Worker 135
Skills Immigration - International Graduate 105
Skills Immigration - Entry Level and Semi-Skilled 95
Skills Immigration - Northeast Pilot Project 95
Express Entry BC - Skilled Worker 135
Express Entry BC - International Graduate 105
---------------------------------------------------------------

What do you guys think? Do you really think everyone above that points will get the invites?
I assume if there are too many qualified people they'll cut from the highest score? Than it is not guaranteed.

devnill

Dec 5, 2015
I doubt the points that BC PNP are referring to are the same as the points for CRS. I'm sure BC have their own points system.

yelenah

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
My husband will register under semi-skilled category, but he doesn't have the 95 points necessary... He is not far, though. Hope the points will drop down a bit in the next 6 months or so...

Is that the way it works when it comes to EE? They invite the highest ranking candidates, and it all goes downhill from there? :) They lower the points bar, eh?
It doesn't mean that the highest ranking candidate will exceed the minimum points necessary to be certainly invited? They can have less than that, and in that case the BC PNP would adapt to those points and drop the bar, right?

logan7712

Star Member
Jan 4, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HEY!
How do you know if your husband has 95 points or not. BC PNP hasn't posted any criteria on their website?

eqrkim

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
EE BC Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Aug 17
IELTS Request
Sep 01
Med's Done....
Sept 01 (Med Pass)
devnill said:
I doubt the points that BC PNP are referring to are the same as the points for CRS. I'm sure BC have their own points system.
Yeh It has a different point system, called Skills Immigration Registration System (SIRS). I scored for 119 for BC EE Intl graduate.. so I was curious

eqrkim

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
EE BC Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Aug 17
IELTS Request
Sep 01
Med's Done....
Sept 01 (Med Pass)
yelenah said:
My husband will register under semi-skilled category, but he doesn't have the 95 points necessary... He is not far, though. Hope the points will drop down a bit in the next 6 months or so...

Is that the way it works when it comes to EE? They invite the highest ranking candidates, and it all goes downhill from there? :) They lower the points bar, eh?
It doesn't mean that the highest ranking candidate will exceed the minimum points necessary to be certainly invited? They can have less than that, and in that case the BC PNP would adapt to those points and drop the bar, right?
I am not too sure yet.. I think the way the point system works is similar to EE CRS points. But I am not sure why they set up the guaranteed points for the invitation... I can only assume that their intention is to invite everyone above that point and invite next highest point if they have a room? (sry if my explanation is not clear lol)

Anyways, I guess nothing is certain at this point :s

eqrkim

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
EE BC Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Aug 17
IELTS Request
Sep 01
Med's Done....
Sept 01 (Med Pass)
logan7712 said:
HEY!
How do you know if your husband has 95 points or not. BC PNP hasn't posted any criteria on their website?
Search canada visa website or register it on the BC PNP website. its free to register

yansenwong

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello. I submitted my registration already and somehow I didn't get any points for the 'Regional District of Employment" section.
I'm currently located in the Columbia-Shuswap district and work for an employer here. The job offer is also offered by my current employer.

I'm curious why I got 0 point instead of 8 points :(

Does any of you have the same problem?

hasanul_murad

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-Jul-2016
Dears,

Can you share the details with the weblink. All the streams of skilled worker requires a job offer. I have been waiting for a long time and now frustrated to see such requirements. No hope for me here.

http://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate/About-the-BC-PNP/Express-Entry-British-Columbia.aspx
http://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate/About-the-BC-PNP/Skills-Immigration.aspx

Murad

logan7712

Star Member
Jan 4, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eqrkim said:
Search canada visa website or register it on the BC PNP website. its free to register
hey!
i just registered and was really surprised to see my points. too low. i dont know what criteria they use.

sadia jalil

Star Member
May 5, 2013
yansenwong said:
Hello. I submitted my registration already and somehow I didn't get any points for the 'Regional District of Employment" section.
I'm currently located in the Columbia-Shuswap district and work for an employer here. The job offer is also offered by my current employer.

I'm curious why I got 0 point instead of 8 points :(

Does any of you have the same problem?
How did you calculated the points? can you please share ..I'm still wondering how to know my points.thanks

logan7712

Star Member
Jan 4, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sadia jalil said:
How did you calculated the points? can you please share ..I'm still wondering how to know my points.thanks
hey!
you have to register for bc pnp and they will calculate the points for you or refer to file:///C:/Users/user/Downloads/BC-PNP-Skills-Immigration-and-EEBC-Program-Guide%20(4).pdf page 51
thanks

yansenwong

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sadia jalil said:
The scoring guideline can be found in the "BC PNP Skills Immigration and Express Entry BC Program Guide" PDF, page 52-60.