+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New TRV measures from IRCC for spouses having sponsorship application

ajitbawa

Aug 3, 2023
I applied for my wife visitor visa on July 12,2023 from India after getting AOR on her PR Spouse application. Biometrics were already done via previous visitor rejection file.
Still waiting on any update since then.

Reactions: cdnimmigration11
Aug 1, 2023
I applied for my wife visitor visa on July 12,2023 from India after getting AOR on her PR Spouse application. Biometrics were already done via previous visitor rejection file.
How long did it take for you to get the AOR? Hopefully you will get the TRV before Aug 12th.

Aug 3, 2023
I wanna know if the spouse trv application is being processed at the same visa office that our pr applications were transferred to.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I wanna know if the spouse trv application is being processed at the same visa office that our pr applications were transferred to.
Short form is, we do not know.

-Probably in most (all?) cases the spouse TRV is run through some kind of check algorithm, which recommends approval / rejection or adds/suggests some additional check.
-Probably all of those then get sent to local office for sign-off or agreement. It's possible that some approvals handled automatically.
-Refusals I believe must be checked by a human being, but I'm not certain. Again, believe that is most likely at same local office.

comarxx

Jan 12, 2012
Manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I guess it’s a load/application management by IRCC. My dependent was processed in Vancouver and spouse in Manila.

Reactions: armoured

vky0123

Star Member
Jun 1, 2023
Hey Guys, did anyone applied for work permit after coming on Visitor visa according to the new measures?

sai23

Star Member
Jul 15, 2023
Has anyone tried to apply for a trv with a previous rejection under the new measures for spousal sponsorship? My husband's trv was refused before the new measures were implemented.

pawan01

Aug 28, 2019
Hey Guys, did anyone applied for work permit after coming on Visitor visa according to the new measures?
Yes i did for my wife. we applied for her PR application on March 10, 2023. We applied for her visitor visa before applying for PR and she got her Visitor visa. She came here in June 29 and we applied for work permit. For her PR she has received her AOR, Biometeric was done when we applied for visitor visa, Medical has been given. We are waiting for her OWP to get approve.

pawan01

Aug 28, 2019
Hello All,

Does anyone know any information regarding this case. I applied for my wife OWP under new family reunification on June 29. She has visitor visa of Canada and we applied as inland. Today i called IRCC to check up on her case and Rep told me for her OWP assessment has been completed and passed and i should wait for final decision. Does anyone know if assessment has been passed means she will get OWP? Or, how much time it usually take to make final decision after assessment has been passed? Much appreciated. Thank you

Atikvhora

Aug 14, 2023
Hi.

Did you receive any update on Visitor Visa?

I applied on July 17, no updates yet.