+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New travel exemption for immediate family member not being honoured or implemented by OUTCAN visa offices

Pranita Joshi

May 26, 2020
What did you write to them? You need to include all these info:

Email us at IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca and provide all the following information for you and your immediate family member in Canada:

· Full name

· Date of Birth

· UCI

· Application Number

· Passport Number

· Detailed purpose of travel

· Proof of relationship with an immediate family member in Canada

· Proof of immigration status of the immediate family member in Canada

· Proof of Temporary Resident Visa or Electronic Travel Authorization

Note: You must demonstrate that you are travelling for essential reasons as immediate family members of FN are not exempt from travel restrictions. If you don't meet the requirements, they will not reply to you. You reach to them to get the authorization letter which is what they mean by exemption. You still need to prove that you are not travelling for discretionary purpose.

A person I know wrote the same reason I did and yet got the letter. I wrote just 2 days post hers.

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Is trying to reunite with my spouse to support him during the pandemic, not an essential reason?? It has been an extremely tough time for both of us staying apart.
I'm not sure why you are asking this question to me like that as I am not the officer assessing your application or request. I just provided you with information on how to request the letter.

Ksavier

Star Member
Apr 30, 2018
I'm not sure why you are asking this question to me like that as I am not the officer assessing your application or request. I just provided you with information on how to request the letter.
I think the most important thing is this "Note: You must demonstrate that you are travelling for essential reasons as immediate family members of FN are not exempt from travel restrictions. If you don't meet the requirements, they will not reply to you. You reach to them to get the authorization letter which is what they mean by exemption. You still need to prove that you are not travelling for discretionary purpose. "

If your spouse is on temporary papers seems you're going to need even stronger reasons to travel. Sometimes it seems family reunification is not even enough reason even for spouses of citizens and PRs

Reactions: rattan786

garuda2020

Jul 1, 2020
So bad :( It's very strange they answered your TRV application so quick, I thought all the applications for june were going to be answered in october, what was the country of the applicant?
India, however the rejection letter had ottawa address at the below not sure if it's common template! I know 3 to 4 june july applicants who heard back too, but negative results for all

• Sad
Reactions: lovely89

astrosal

Jul 6, 2020
I have some good news. My wife's TRV was seemingly approved. The letter says "a decision has been made" and they are asking her to mail her passport to a Canadian consulate in the US. As background, we applied for permanent residency in March but nothing has moved on that front. So, it seems they are willing to approve TRVs for people in that situation.

The letter asks us to ensure the passport has a blank page, and doesn't ask for anything else, so I can't imagine the decision is anything but approved. The problem is my wife is not a US citizen but was on a US visa and had to go to her home country literally 2 days ago before her US visa expired. I hope this doesn't create any problems in the process.

It's possible they would now want her to send her passport to the Canadian consulate in her home country, but if they end up receiving it at the one in the US, I can't imagine they suddenly wouldn't process it because she's no longer in the US...? They require us to include a paid return fedex envelope, so what's the difference to them?

Just wondering if anyone has some thoughts.
Thanks
Congratulations that is awesome!

Would you mind sharing more details? Did they approve the TRV because your wife has a stable job in her home country with extensive travel history? Or is she from a country with easy visa entry? My wife is from Morocco with no travel history and with no job. I am wondering if it is worth applying in my situation.

KATHIA08

Jun 15, 2020
optimistacanada
[QUOTE = "UpbeatCanada, publicación: 8746170, miembro: 860077"]
Hola chicos, solicité el trv de mi cónyuge el 5 de marzo y hoy recibí mis notas de GCMS. El archivo está actualmente en NDVO
Según gcms, la elegibilidad es recomendar pase
[MEDIA = imgur] a / gTgfJd8 [/ MEDIA]
¿Eso significa que la solicitud está aprobada?
[/CITAR]
@optimistacanada
Hi Guys, I applied for my spouse's trv on March 5th, got my GCMS notes for it today. The file currently is in NDVO
According to gcms, Eligibility is Recommend Pass
Does that mean that the application is approved ?
When they say that they requested the TRV of their spouses, is it because you did it yourself instead of your partner's account? I mean, does the couple who are in Canada make the TRV request to the partner from outside on their account?

Chiya89

Star Member
Apr 7, 2017
Hi just wondering if my parents can come from India to canada under immediate family travel exemptions. They have supervisa as well as July /2020 issued COPR. I know under COPR exemption they can’t but can they come under my immediate family for non essential reason I am a Canadian citizen ? Anyone who experienced something like this ?

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Hi just wondering if my parents can come from India to canada under immediate family travel exemptions. They have supervisa as well as July /2020 issued COPR. I know under COPR exemption they can’t but can they come under my immediate family for non essential reason I am a Canadian citizen ? Anyone who experienced something like this ?
What do you mean under COPR they can't? They are exempt as immediate family members but we are still hearing of BSO refusing immediate family members at POE, even spouses travelling together where one is PR/citizen. So it seems like despite the exemption, they still apply discretion.

Rajprince2793

Apr 5, 2020
Ladies and gentlemen,
Good news! This morning I got 3 emails from CIC asking (wife’s account) to login and read the letters.

The first letter was regarding the biometrics and how long it’s valid for. My wife did a bio last year for a TRV so no bio required. The letter is generic. So, if you get that biometrics info letter it’s a good sign that they are working on your application. Note: my wife is from Asia and I have been dealing with the VO in her country. After emailing my MP and CCing the CIC Minister, DPM and the VO Ambassador. It looks like her application was processed in Kingston Jamaica. The biometrics letter had kingston VO’s address at the bottom. The asshats in Asian VOs are fired! Lol

The second letter was for PPR and the third letter was the authorization letter to travel to Canada. Wife will be submitting her passport to her local VFS as soon as they open on Monday AM.

Keep sharing your stories and situations so others can be helped.

Happy days! Good luck to all my friends!

--------------------------------------------

Awesome news. Congratulations :) I'm in the same situation now , my wife did biometrics for TRV last year , so she doesn't need to give biometrics this time when I apply for TRV. She is from India , so all VACs are closed. My question is , if I submit her TRV now , is there any other additional step I need to do like contacting local MP like you did to change the processing office ? Or should i first apply and wait to see which VO it is being sent to initially ?

Appreciate your response to this in advance. Side note : We already submitted a spousal visa in June 2020 and is in pipeline , we just don't want to wait with this whole pandemic situation while we have no idea if that spousal application is even being touched. That is why I'm interested in submitting a TRV now.

Reactions: CDNsoldier

rk1234

Jun 25, 2020
Hi Everyone,

My spouse is on a Temporary Work Permit in Canada. I'm currently on H1-B Visa working in US. I also have an open work permit Visa for Canada and am waiting to visit my spouse in Canada. However, the travel ban has been extending every month.

I wrote an email to Canadian Immigration to visit my spouse in July, but they rejected my entry citing - visiting family member as non-essential travel.

I wanted to know your experience -> As the rules of exemption apply only to the spouses of PR holders; has anyone who is a spouse of Temporary Work Permit holders found any luck to enter Canada upon requesting ? based on family reunification? What details did you provide to qualify as essential travel to visit your spouse/ family ?

Any inputs would be of great help.

Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Everyone,

My spouse is on a Temporary Work Permit in Canada. I'm currently on H1-B Visa working in US. I also have an open work permit Visa for Canada and am waiting to visit my spouse in Canada. However, the travel ban has been extending every month.

I wrote an email to Canadian Immigration to visit my spouse in July, but they rejected my entry citing - visiting family member as non-essential travel.

I wanted to know your experience -> As the rules of exemption apply only to the spouses of PR holders; has anyone who is a spouse of Temporary Work Permit holders found any luck to enter Canada upon requesting ? based on family reunification? What details did you provide to qualify as essential travel to visit your spouse/ family ?

Thank you
Your best bet is for your spouse to visit the US but they will need to quarantine on the way back.

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Hi Everyone,

Thank you
They are even refusing some spouses of PR while the couple is travelling together to Canada. I doubt you'll find any spouse of TR who managed to get it. But if you want to risk being denied entry, you can try. You could try with your OWP, but the thing is you don't even live in Canada so I don't see how the BSO would approve it, and he will probably request the authorization letter.

KATHIA08

Jun 15, 2020
I have a question for the TRV. In the first question form of the account, I mean the question form that is filled out before uploading the files. Do you put the option OTHERS also as in Imm 5257, put others on both sides?

Rajprince2793

Apr 5, 2020
--------------------------------------------

Awesome news. Congratulations :) I'm in the same situation now , my wife did biometrics for TRV last year , so she doesn't need to give biometrics this time when I apply for TRV. She is from India , so all VACs are closed. My question is , if I submit her TRV now , is there any other additional step I need to do like contacting local MP like you did to change the processing office ? Or should i first apply and wait to see which VO it is being sent to initially ?

Appreciate your response to this in advance. Side note : We already submitted a spousal visa in June 2020 and is in pipeline , we just don't want to wait with this whole pandemic situation while we have no idea if that spousal application is even being touched. That is why I'm interested in submitting a TRV now.

@CDNsoldier Sorry I missed to tag you on this