+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New travel exemption for immediate family member not being honoured or implemented by OUTCAN visa offices

Saim Karim

Star Member
Feb 27, 2018
Yes, some processing is going on. Just so you know I did sent an email for exemptions a month ago.
Exemption for your parents to travel?
Which email ID did you send it to?
I have applied for a TRV for my wife and she is exempt as per rules...so I will send it on the same mail id

Saim Karim

Star Member
Feb 27, 2018
I ordered the GCMS notes for this TRV. And it looks like after my MPs office escalated my concerns to PROC in Ottawa and sent them details of my employment. The VO office in Jamaica (PA is Vietnam) made this comment:
"PA is visiting husband (and HIS child), who works for the Royal Canadian Airforce, CC STATUS IN CAD. Husband is an essential worker and requires assistance to look after his daughter. Marriage Certificate submitted in submissions and spousal sponsorship is in progress. I am satisfied PA is a bonified visitor. Approved."

Before this approval comment. VO from Vietnam, France and Dubai all made cut and paste comments even though, I clearly stated I am in the Armed Forces, my family care situation... and provided a supporting document from the beginning of the application submission:

Office: Paris and Mexico
DATE: May 7th and June 16th (notice the same comment pre and post-June 8th announcement)

Applicant has applied under the COVID-19 travel ban criteria. They have not provided acceptable supporting documents or are ineligible. therefore, this application remain open and be processed pursuant to regular TRV processing. To visit CC spouse in Canada. Did not provide sufficient evidence regarding non-discretionary nature of trip at this time and therefore it did not appear the travel restrictions apply. For normal processing once restrictions are lifted.
Looking at the response in their GCMS notes, they were working blindly...don't you think?

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Yes, some processing is going on. Just so you know I did sent an email for exemptions a month ago.
Congrats for the TRV. Are you PR or citizen?

CDNsoldier

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Spousal Sponsorship
Did you get something worded like this?
"Based on our assessment of your recent enquiry, we cannot process your request as you have not provided sufficient evidence that you meet an exemption criterion and/or that your travel to Canada is non-discretionary, per the travel restrictions implemented to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID 19) in Canada.
Even though you do not meet an exemption criterion and/or your travel has not been deemed non-discretionary, your application will now be put on hold until after the travel restriction pause has been lifted."
Yes, verbatim

garuda2020

Jul 1, 2020
Folks, I had applied for TRV on June 30, got a reject today!
This was second attempt
Spousal sponsorship in progress
Applicant works full time back home
Reason were family ties and purpose of visit(covid separated etc was my purpose)
In the first rejection, I also had finance as third reason!

I just don't know how to overcome family ties reason she is my spouse ofcourse ties are stronger here

kharthik24

Star Member
Jun 15, 2020
Toronto
This was second attempt
Reason were family ties and purpose of visit(covid separated etc was my purpose)

I just don't know how to overcome family ties reason she is my spouse ofcourse ties are stronger here
Did you give your biometrics or they rejected you prior to biometrics?

lovely89

Star Member
May 8, 2020
This was second attempt

So bad :( It's very strange they answered your TRV application so quick, I thought all the applications for june were going to be answered in october, what was the country of the applicant?

Pranita Joshi

May 26, 2020
What did you write to them? You need to include all these info:

Email us at IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca and provide all the following information for you and your immediate family member in Canada:

· Full name

· Date of Birth

· UCI

· Application Number

· Passport Number

· Detailed purpose of travel

· Proof of relationship with an immediate family member in Canada

· Proof of immigration status of the immediate family member in Canada

· Proof of Temporary Resident Visa or Electronic Travel Authorization

Note: You must demonstrate that you are travelling for essential reasons as immediate family members of FN are not exempt from travel restrictions. If you don't meet the requirements, they will not reply to you. You reach to them to get the authorization letter which is what they mean by exemption. You still need to prove that you are not travelling for discretionary purpose.
Is trying to reunite with my spouse to support him during the pandemic, not an essential reason?? It has been an extremely tough time for both of us staying apart.