+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New travel exemption for immediate family member not being honoured or implemented by OUTCAN visa offices

inapickle

Feb 18, 2020
Just clarifying @yourfather statement. It is quite hard to get a TRV as a spouse so do not buy any tickets in advance.
So in this case, would you suggest just writing in the explanation letter that no flights have been booked because we are unsure of how long the TRV processing will take? Do you have any suggestion on how we should word it in the LOE so that it will convince the visa officer that even though there is no flight booked yet he is guaranteed to go back to home country on the date stated in the Letter of Invitation?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for the advised.

I just have a question one of the documents required to attach is either Flight ticket ,itinerary,accomodation.

So since I shouldn't buy ticket now because i still have no TRV,i have no itinerary because it is not safe yet to go elsewhere, and i just wanna e with my husband that's all.and lastly i will be staying in my husband's apartment.

Do you have any suggestion what should I attached in? Letter of explanation perhaps? I am confused what to attach as it is required.
You'll need to attach a proposed flight. Your husband will also quarantine inside with you for 14 days if you stay in his apartment.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
So in this case, would you suggest just writing in the explanation letter that no flights have been booked because we are unsure of how long the TRV processing will take? Do you have any suggestion on how we should word it in the LOE so that it will convince the visa officer that even though there is no flight booked yet he is guaranteed to go back to home country on the date stated in the Letter of Invitation?
You should attach a potential flight. You will have to show that you have a good longterm job that wouls only give you a certain amount of leave plus other ties to get a TRV. With covid it will be even harder to convince a visa officer that you are coming to Canada for a short vacation.

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
VO barely reads LOE. people concentrate on wrong things. i wish visa was granted on the basis of LOE. Any TRV will be granted on the basis of ties to your home country and Canada. forget about LOE attach property documents if you own them otherwise no LOE will get you a visa.
The VO has should read everything that is presented to them as supporting documents, including information in the cover letter. If they ignore information, this can be used against them on appeal as they must be fair and reasonable in their assessment. So it not correct to say "forget about LOE". It is not more important than property documents, but if included, the VO has to consider it. It's not like he can choose to disregard it, if he feels like it.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/eligibility-admissibility-considerations.html

Reactions: Ksavier

CDNsoldier

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Spousal Sponsorship
Imho, I think its very important to keep mind that he is an essential personnel (Canadian armed Forces, government security, etc).
So not sure about pure luck and seeing that another person got refused.
The VO has should read everything that is presented to them as supporting documents, including information in the cover letter. If they ignore information, this can be used against them on appeal as they must be fair and reasonable in their assessment. So it not correct to say "forget about LOE". It is not more important than property documents, but if included, the VO has to consider it. It's not like he can choose to disregard it, if he feels like it.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/eligibility-admissibility-considerations.html

I ordered the GCMS notes for this TRV. And it looks like after my MPs office escalated my concerns to PROC in Ottawa and sent them details of my employment. The VO office in Jamaica (PA is Vietnam) made this comment:
"PA is visiting husband (and HIS child), who works for the Royal Canadian Airforce, CC STATUS IN CAD. Husband is an essential worker and requires assistance to look after his daughter. Marriage Certificate submitted in submissions and spousal sponsorship is in progress. I am satisfied PA is a bonified visitor. Approved."

Before this approval comment. VO from Vietnam, France and Dubai all made cut and paste comments even though, I clearly stated I am in the Armed Forces, my family care situation... and provided a supporting document from the beginning of the application submission:

Office: Paris and Mexico
DATE: May 7th and June 16th (notice the same comment pre and post-June 8th announcement)

Applicant has applied under the COVID-19 travel ban criteria. They have not provided acceptable supporting documents or are ineligible. therefore, this application remain open and be processed pursuant to regular TRV processing. To visit CC spouse in Canada. Did not provide sufficient evidence regarding non-discretionary nature of trip at this time and therefore it did not appear the travel restrictions apply. For normal processing once restrictions are lifted.

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
you are right unfortunately that is not the case. just by writing a letter you cannot prove that you own a property. you have to present your property ownership papers as a proof vis a vis job NOC and joining letter that you are employed , pay stubs and bank statements in order to prove your earnings and savings. just writing a letter in no way is a legal document/evidence. hence LOE is not that important. people are getting visas without LOE but not a single one got visa without the above mentioned documents.
You are confusing your own arguments or insinuating things I did not say. My point is not about one thing being more or less important than another. What I am saying is that EVERYTHING that is submitted must be considered by the officer. You are suggesting that a LOE is trivial. No it's not. But when you look at the overall application, if the applicant does not have proof, they must provide a solid explanation. The LOE is not necessarily just an unsworn statement; anything can be included. My point is only to say that, yes, the LOE matters and the VO has a duty to consider it. That statement in itself does not tell someone that it's all that matters or that it matters more than another document. I've prepared applications for my husband where everyone was telling us it won't be approved but it did. Every case is assessed individually, not based on one document, but on everything that is presented.

Reactions: Ksavier

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
I ordered the GCMS notes for this TRV. And it looks like after my MPs office escalated my concerns to PROC in Ottawa and sent them details of my employment. The VO office in Jamaica (PA is Vietnam) made this comment:
"PA is visiting husband (and HIS child), who works for the Royal Canadian Airforce, CC STATUS IN CAD. Husband is an essential worker and requires assistance to look after his daughter. Marriage Certificate submitted in submissions and spousal sponsorship is in progress. I am satisfied PA is a bonified visitor. Approved."

Before this approval comment. VO from Vietnam, France and Dubai all made cut and paste comments even though, I clearly stated I am in the Armed Forces, my family care situation... and provided a supporting document from the beginning of the application submission:

Office: Paris and Mexico
DATE: May 7th and June 16th (notice the same comment pre and post-June 8th announcement)

Applicant has applied under the COVID-19 travel ban criteria. They have not provided acceptable supporting documents or are ineligible. therefore, this application remain open and be processed pursuant to regular TRV processing. To visit CC spouse in Canada. Did not provide sufficient evidence regarding non-discretionary nature of trip at this time and therefore it did not appear the travel restrictions apply. For normal processing once restrictions are lifted.
I'm glad your MP office could help. I don't know how some OUTCAN VO process applications. We also had a case where the application stalled until the MP office contacted IRCC back office. I'm just wondering how could they miss the information that you have given them. I think for TRV, there are less appeal cases to FC so sometimes, it looks like they just refuse when there was enough proof that could satisfy the VO if he were fair.

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
every refusal on this forum has attached LOE along with application but they missed out on financial assets hence the refusal. it is the basic criteria for a successful TRV showing ties to home country. one can write anything in LOE and it cannot be deemed bonafide by the VO. people do not disclose about previous refusals when writing LOE it is the info sharing system that informs VO about misrepresentation.
No one disagrees that LOE in itself does not mean you will get TRV. However, I know someone personally who got TRV with LOE because I helped prepare the application. He did not have proof of financial assets and had only a visitor status where he applied. No property or bank account. He did mention previous refusal. Anyway, bottom line is an LOE pulls less weight than an official proof of financial funds, but it's not useless. It's all on case by case basis.

lovely89

Star Member
May 8, 2020
The official web page actualized the processing time for visitor visas 2 days ago and they added more days. My country passed from 101-113-117 days in 2 weeks. It clearly express they haven't had any intention to start working on them. It seems they annunciated the opening of the visitor visas applications again just to catch money.
The sponsorship applications are completely stopped. Any hope of seing my husband this year is going to the bottom

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
The official web page actualized the processing time for visitor visas 2 days ago and they added more days. My country passed from 101-113-117 days in 2 weeks. It clearly express they haven't had any intention to start working on them. It seems they annunciated the opening of the visitor visas applications again just to catch money.
The sponsorship applications are completely stopped. Any hope of seing my husband this year is going to the bottom
Is his country in lockdown? Are you able to travel to meet him? Maybe the VO is not operating at 100%.

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
You are confused. If she was able to travel and meet her husband why would she be on this forum. There are no if's , may b's or but's when it comes to legal matters. Whole world is going through a crisis and everything is delayed or postponed indefinitely especially travel so is the processing of visa applications because most of the IRCC and VAC are closed. This is not something that can felicitated to work from home either.
I'm not confused, I'm not the one in this situation. I'm not sure why you are always chasing everyone in the comments to add your aggressive responses. You need to calm down and stop quoting all my comments because most of the time, you're not even accurate. I wasn't addressing the question to you so let the person reply. If you want to vent, you can do so and ignore my comment. Not all VAC are closed and there are spouses who travelled to meet their spouse. There are applications being processed so not EVERYTHING is delayed or postponed indefinitely. Some countries are still on lockdown while others allow commercial travel. Some VACs still have the same processing times, others have tripled. Therefore, my questions were and are valid.

Andre5

Star Member
Apr 26, 2020
I have some good news. My wife's TRV was seemingly approved. The letter says "a decision has been made" and they are asking her to mail her passport to a Canadian consulate in the US. As background, we applied for permanent residency in March but nothing has moved on that front. So, it seems they are willing to approve TRVs for people in that situation.

The letter asks us to ensure the passport has a blank page, and doesn't ask for anything else, so I can't imagine the decision is anything but approved. The problem is my wife is not a US citizen but was on a US visa and had to go to her home country literally 2 days ago before her US visa expired. I hope this doesn't create any problems in the process.

It's possible they would now want her to send her passport to the Canadian consulate in her home country, but if they end up receiving it at the one in the US, I can't imagine they suddenly wouldn't process it because she's no longer in the US...? They require us to include a paid return fedex envelope, so what's the difference to them?

Just wondering if anyone has some thoughts.
Thanks

Ksavier

Star Member
Apr 30, 2018
I'm not confused, I'm not the one in this situation. I'm not sure why you are always chasing everyone in the comments to add your aggressive responses. You need to calm down and stop quoting all my comments because most of the time, you're not even accurate. I wasn't addressing the question to you so let the person reply. If you want to vent, you can do so and ignore my comment. Not all VAC are closed and there are spouses who travelled to meet their spouse. There are applications being processed so not EVERYTHING is delayed or postponed indefinitely. Some countries are still on lockdown while others allow commercial travel. Some VACs still have the same processing times, others have tripled. Therefore, my questions were and are valid.
try ignoring this guy, has worked for me last couple of days

Reactions: Laurahd

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
try ignoring this guy, has worked for me last couple of days
Thanks. I found the ignore button right after that, so all sorted now.

lovely89

Star Member
May 8, 2020
Is his country in lockdown? Are you able to travel to meet him? Maybe the VO is not operating at 100%.
He lives in Canada, I live in Venezuela. Latinoamerican visas are processed in Mexico. My country and all neighbor countries are in lockdown, so we are not able to see us yet :(
Our VO is also closed, all VO of My continent with the exception of Trinidad are closed.
We can see us in another country like USA, México, Colombia, Panama, when the lockdown is over, but it would be better in Canada to spend more time together (so I asked the visitor visa) in my country we can't yet because canadians need visa to enter to my country so he needs to get the venezuelan visitor visa first and it would take more time.