+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New travel exemption for immediate family member not being honoured or implemented by OUTCAN visa offices

Chawais

Jul 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2016
AOR Received.
29-08-2016
File Transfer...
05-09-2016
Thanks for the link.

If the taxes I pay are not enough and if they need to charge $10000 bucks to cover the real costs but process this under 3 months I'd be taking a credit tomorrow and pay. This does not justify these ridiculous waiting times. And note I'm only 6 months into the this process, but seeing so many people with 20 months wait time makes me wanna puke. That is far from what I have agreed to by undergoing this process.
Correction 4 year's

• Sad
Reactions: Ksavier

Andre5

Star Member
Apr 26, 2020
I would also pay for expedited processing, but people would absolutely freak out at this suggestion. Two-tier immigration process, blah blah.

Reactions: Ksavier

KATHIA08

Jun 15, 2020
[QUOTE = "Saim Karim, publicación: 8677438, miembro: 737333"]
¿Recibiste algo redactado así?
"Según nuestra evaluación de su consulta reciente, no podemos procesar su solicitud ya que no ha proporcionado pruebas suficientes de que cumple con un criterio de exención y / o que su viaje a Canadá no es discrecional, según las restricciones de viaje implementadas para evitar la propagación del nuevo coronavirus (COVID 19) en Canadá.
Aunque no cumpla con un criterio de exención y / o su viaje no se haya considerado no discrecional, su solicitud quedará en espera hasta después de que se haya levantado la pausa de restricción de viaje ".
[/CITAR]
Does anyone know what more evidence is needed for you to meet their requirements, more than a marriage and to see your family for so long separated by the wait? this is maddening

KATHIA08

Jun 15, 2020
Glad to see it wasn't only me! I've submitted a TRV on 17th June, received biometric collection letter yesterday, and today I got the same letter as OP!

It was so unexpected that I had to re-read the letter and the pages on CIC website several times to make sure I'm not reading something wrong. I immediately sent an enquiry via the webform, included a link to the announcement of the new rules, and asked for clarification. Totally absurd!

Yup, my letter had the same wording.
Does anyone know what more evidence is needed for you to meet their requirements, more than a marriage and to see your family for so long separated by the wait? this is maddening

KATHIA08

Jun 15, 2020
Yes, TRV bio submitted with first TRV application last

ties: my wife rents and lives alone, no property or assets. Her mom and bro live in the same city. Not much ties.
Employment: Airline staff 10+ years
Fund: $5500 CAD 8-10 weeks visit (I did mention in the cover and invitation letter that I will fully inancially support her visit)
They did not ask for anything.

Note: when we applied for TRV last year, the only reason for refusal was that she lacks information of her visit in the refusal letter and in GCMS (application done with agent). No statement like “we are not satisfied that you will leave Canada”...
I want to visit my husband and request a TRV, but I don't know what specific details the quarantine plan has in the letter, if you can help me by sharing those details in your letter it would be very helpful please.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I want to visit my husband and request a TRV, but I don't know what specific details the quarantine plan has in the letter, if you can help me by sharing those details in your letter it would be very helpful please.
You have to prove that you have strong ties to your home country and that you will only visit Canada and then return home. That is why many spouses get refused.

Reactions: KATHIA08

Smurf_Gimli

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
What is really important is to prove your strong ties to the Philipines and that you have the finances to pay for your visit yourself. Would only ask to stay for 2-3 weeks.

The problem is I do not have properties under my name.I do not have strong in my home country.I do have work and my Operation allowed me and issued NOC to take 6 months vacation.

yourfather

Jan 31, 2018
Even all expenses will be shoulder by my husband?

I will just try.IRCC said spouse is part of the exemption.
Apologize me for being negative,

The overall expectation is that as a visitor you should be able to afford your expenses and prove strong ties so you would move back to your country once after the travel. A letter from employer, property, investments and bank balance are helpful in showing your strong ties to your home country.

If your spouse supports you, chances are getting slim for you to leave Canada (In the minds of IRCC). So a spousal PR application will be expected in this case. No harm in trying but do note that in case of a refusal, you have to specify this in every visa application you fill in future to any country.

Spouses are exempted from travel restrictions, but still the basic TRV approval criteria is followed as we see with the refusals documented on this forum.

Good luck!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

The overall expectation is that as a visitor you should be able to afford your expenses and prove strong ties so you would move back to your country once after the travel. A letter from employer, property, investments and bank balance are helpful in showing your strong ties to your home country.

If your spouse supports you, chances are getting slim for you to leave Canada (In the minds of IRCC). So a spousal PR application will be expected in this case. No harm in trying but do note that in case of a refusal, you have to specify this in every visa application you fill in future to any country.

Spouses are exempted from travel restrictions, but still the basic TRV approval criteria is followed as we see with the refusals documented on this forum.

Good luck!
Only spouses of PRs and citizens are exempted from travel restrictions.

Smurf_Gimli

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
Only spouses of PRs and citizens are exempted from travel restrictions.

Thank you.my husband is a Canadian National.We are about to process my outland spousal visa application this month.

We wanna try to apply visitor visa this week so I can be with him even for a months only since he can't travel to me due to flight restrictions in my country

Smurf_Gimli

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020

Good luck!

It is ok. Thank you for sharing your opinion.

I understand that even I have no strong ties in my country.Even my employer gave me employment certificate and the no objection certificate to spend time with my husband maximum of 6 months ,there is no assurance I'll get approval.thinking about me is stressing me.

I am just hoping that Immigration will not be so hard to all the immediate family who just want to spend time with their love ones.It is our first wedding anniversary on september and next month is our birth month.because of COVID-19 he wasn't able to visit me on April.

I highly appreciate your response.

Reactions: lovely89

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you.my husband is a Canadian National.We are about to process my outland spousal visa application this month.

We wanna try to apply visitor visa this week so I can be with him even for a months only since he can't travel to me due to flight restrictions in my country
Just clarifying @yourfather statement. It is quite hard to get a TRV as a spouse so do not buy any tickets in advance.

Smurf_Gimli

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
Just clarifying @yourfather statement. It is quite hard to get a TRV as a spouse so do not buy any tickets in advance.
Thank you for the advised.

I just have a question one of the documents required to attach is either Flight ticket ,itinerary,accomodation.

So since I shouldn't buy ticket now because i still have no TRV,i have no itinerary because it is not safe yet to go elsewhere, and i just wanna e with my husband that's all.and lastly i will be staying in my husband's apartment.

Do you have any suggestion what should I attached in? Letter of explanation perhaps? I am confused what to attach as it is required.