+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New travel exemption for immediate family member not being honoured or implemented by OUTCAN visa offices

Ksavier

Star Member
Apr 30, 2018
Here it is. Note what I've underlined.

http://canadagazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p2/2020/2020-04-01/html/sor-dors45-eng.html

Issues: The Government of Canada promotes a cost-effective approach to financing Government programs, which means that beneficiaries of services should contribute to the costs of those services. A significant imbalance exists between the cost of providing services to permanent resident applicants and the fees paid by them.

Rationale:
These Regulations aim to reduce the subsidization burden on the taxpayer for the management and delivery of permanent resident programs and services. This will be achieved through shifting more of the cost burden on to the users who benefit the most from the service (i.e. permanent resident applicants) and by ensuring that fees rise on a biennial basis at a pace commensurate with inflation.
Thanks for the link.

If the taxes I pay are not enough and if they need to charge $10000 bucks to cover the real costs but process this under 3 months I'd be taking a credit tomorrow and pay. This does not justify these ridiculous waiting times. And note I'm only 6 months into the this process, but seeing so many people with 20 months wait time makes me wanna puke. That is far from what I have agreed to by undergoing this process.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for the link.

If the taxes I pay are not enough and if they need to charge $10000 bucks to cover the real costs but process this under 3 months I'd be taking a credit tomorrow and pay. This does not justify these ridiculous waiting times. And note I'm only 6 months into the this process, but seeing so many people with 20 months wait time makes me wanna puke. That is far from what I have agreed to by undergoing this process.
Can't argue with that. Tell your MP. They are the only ones that can influence anything.

Good luck.

Reactions: lovely89

Ksavier

Star Member
Apr 30, 2018
I can spend longer looking for more information if you don’t believe me but there is always debates about keeping fees accessible for low income Canadians. If citizenship application were not totally covered by the $530 application in 2015 and citizenship applications are much easier to review it is easy to deduce that spousal sponsorship would be more than double the cost of citizenship. Canada pays someone to review that all forms are included and filled out properly before people get A0R, believe someone either makes copies or scans the applications (which is ridiculous but true), a doctor review medicals, there is criminal and security screenings done by other agencies and then the case officers processing time. There are cost of interviews abroad, sending applications abroad to finish processing, etc. There are other steps but you get the point. That doesn’t take into account the cost of operating all the offices for the employees or staffing both the customer service line as well as those who reply to email questions.

https://www.immigration.ca/canada-s-citizenship-fee-raised
Well according to what you're saying here there is even less justification for delayed processing times. If everything is given to private third parties they have no reason to delays medical checks, back ground checks, criminal checks or any other sort of checks and double checks the system does. As it's probably clear for everyone private companies don't have the luxury of closing indefinitely, they should be working at full or almost full capacity by now.

Ksavier

Star Member
Apr 30, 2018
Well according to what you're saying here there is even less justification for delayed processing times. If everything is given to private third parties they have no reason to delays medical checks, back ground checks, criminal checks or any other sort of checks and double checks the system does. As it's probably clear for everyone private companies don't have the luxury of closing indefinitely, they should be working at full or almost full capacity by now.
not to mention the awesome customer service line which is automated and you have about 50mins waiting time on a good day. Or the email attention crew that send you a standard canned answer after 3 weeks if you get an answer at all.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Didn't say that everything is beinf processed by 3rd parties I said that numerous departments were involved which is one of reasons there are both delays and the costs are not covered by the fees. Although some may be able and willing to pay 10k I am sure there would be outrage if fees were raised to that level and there would be protests about Canada only allowing the wealthy to reunite with your family. I don't think most Canadians would feel lile that type of situation would be acceptable in Canada. There are so many companies that still have all their employees working from home. Safeguarding large office buildings is not that easy. Most offices have even moved ti more communal work spaces. These offices are not set up for social distancing and it isn't that easy to turn them into safe spaces for employees. You do have to address the safetly of the workers or if one worker is exposed the whole office then has to be on home quarantine for 14 days and processing times get slower not faster. Just bathrooms would require a plan to hire cleaners that would clean after every use. This isn't as simple as you make it out to be which is why so many office workers are still working at home and will be for the near future if not forever even though most areas are now open at stage 3.

Reactions: Caly

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
not to mention the awesome customer service line which is automated and you have about 50mins waiting time on a good day. Or the email attention crew that send you a standard canned answer after 3 weeks if you get an answer at all.
Not sure what people expect when it come to automated replies. People want exact timelines for processing times which isn't possible. I don't see any solutions being proposed as to how exact processing time can be available especially in such a fluid situation.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks you. Some MPs are actually taking note
Don't know what
Because I AM the canadian sponsor, and I can't leave because I have a job here and because I am a permanent resident I can't go to her and wait out the sponsorship outland. Nobody cares about families and their fundamental rights until it's your family they're ruining. I wonder what is your angle in all of this? are you sponsoring anybody? why are you so content with having everybody wait out patiently while being in the dark about our processes?
I am sure everyone has waited for someone. It isn't that fun but it is manageable. There is facetime/skype these days and you keep busy knowing that you will be reunited at one point. So many people live with spouses away for long periods of time like being deployed for a year. So many caregivers and housekeepers around the world have spent years away from their children and spouses with no chances of reunification. I feel lucky that these days we have skype/facetime, whatsapp, etc. Volunteer, take up a hobby, do activities you enjoy, take a course, travel somewhere in Canada that you have wanted to see, do hlme repairs, etc.

lovely89

Star Member
May 8, 2020
I am sure everyone has waited for someone. It isn't that fun but it is manageable. There is facetime/skype these days and you keep busy knowing that you will be reunited at one point. So many people live with spouses away for long periods of time like being deployed for a year. So many caregivers and housekeepers around the world have spent years away from their children and spouses with no chances of reunification. I feel lucky that these days we have skype/facetime, whatsapp, etc. Volunteer, take up a hobby, do activities you enjoy, take a course, travel somewhere in Canada that you have wanted to see, do hlme repairs, etc.
Thanks for these advices but they don't help us, nothing can replace to be with your spouse (if there are kids involved it's even harder). What you wrote sounds comprehensible until you are living the situation by your own, those are advices to overcome a depression, or to forget something. I'm sure here everybody knows how to develop their relationships. What we need to do is to be with our spouses, and the solution if this process is stopped is to complaint in media to make our voices heard and to ask for help. For example letters to PM (all my family-in-law did it) if we are many doing the same the pressure will be higher to our favor. If you have other ideas about how to make the applications process start again let us know.

Reactions: Ksavier

Ksavier

Star Member
Apr 30, 2018
the best solution is to wait it out and once you have visa you are with your spouse everything is back to normal probably that is when you raise your voices in order to bring some change in visa processing and policies that are causing disruptions and delays. i would like to see how many of you are coming back to this forum to help others. people only complain when things are not the way they want and later on nobody cares.
Are you here to help others and find solutions? Sorry but doesn't seem like so

pgali

Jul 6, 2020
Hi,
If I have an outland sponsorship application in process, can I apply for a student visa and get approved? Or will it be rejected with 'strong ties to Canada' reason as well?

Reactions: Ksavier

Andre5

Star Member
Apr 26, 2020
IRCC is failing us, and hiding behind covid is just an easy excuse. If anything, all of this goes to show the government should be reducing their dependency on (overpaid) manpower and doing more with automation. But that will never happen because IRCC and the public service commission are more concerned with their well paid and secure jobs. What they are doing is as an essential service as any, but they've chosen to take zero risks because they're not accountable to anyone. What are we going to do, get papers from a different government agency or a different country? Look at the data for Nova Scotia and there are a total of 54 CASES in all of eastern NS since March 1. Totally pathetic. They should be ashamed of themselves for letting down Canadians.

yourfather

Jan 31, 2018
Now the processing time has switched from 94 days to 114 days for India. It was 64 days when we applied in June. That means only one thing, no applications are processed at all. So its a mere waste of time for us even think about our applications at this point.

Gyms, shopping malls, bars are open with no social distancing whatsoever. Somehow still poor IRCC is devastated by covid. Not just IRCC take any Canadian govt agency for that matter.

Just take a look at Canadapost website, you'd see a huge banner 'Due to the Covid19.. our hands are tied, brains are squashed.. EXPECT DELAYS'. But just switch to Fedex Canada, no such statement and the packages are delivered next business day. While on a normal sunny day, Canadapost will still take a minimum of 1 day to deliver, while tracking already shows out for delivery.

I dont know whats with the attitude, some has to be really ashamed for their actions