+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New travel exemption for immediate family member not being honoured or implemented by OUTCAN visa offices

Uzairazhar55

Star Member
Jul 14, 2019
Yes, you can apply for trv and under immediate family reunification to prioritize your application (purpose of visit should be selected as others and description mention as COVID'19) All the best
I didn't select covid 19 as the travel purpose eveb though I have to visit my wife during this pandemic and reunite with her. Will this slow down or something my application for trv? I am fussing over it now.
What can I do now?

Andre5

Star Member
Apr 26, 2020
Some of the people on here with thousands of posts I suspect to be CIC/IRCC employees. Public workers often have this attitude that they are doing us a favour, that weeks/months to process things is OK because other countries are slow too, etc. Yes, COVID slowed things and we understand that, but they are starting to use it as an excuse for everything. Someone elsewhere said they needed all this time to put up plastic screens and install hand sanitizer stations. How long does that take!?

confused_aj

Star Member
Jan 13, 2017
Some of the people on here with thousands of posts I suspect to be CIC/IRCC employees. Public workers often have this attitude that they are doing us a favour, that weeks/months to process things is OK because other countries are slow too, etc. Yes, COVID slowed things and we understand that, but they are starting to use it as an excuse for everything. Someone elsewhere said they needed all this time to put up plastic screens and install hand sanitizer stations. How long does that take!?
I understand your frustration, we are all frustrated, but I don’t understand the point or the value of directing your frustration toward other members or venting on this forum.

Reactions: canadianking

confused_aj

Star Member
Jan 13, 2017
I didn't select covid 19 as the travel purpose eveb though I have to visit my wife during this pandemic and reunite with her. Will this slow down or something my application for trv? I am fussing over it now.
What can I do now?
At this point, it doesn’t seem to make any difference. We all put the travel purpose as covid 19 and our applications were put on hold anyway.

CDNsoldier

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Spousal Sponsorship
Right of mobility is not a privilege. Besides these are our spouses we're talking about we have the right of having our family together. Nothing of this is a privilege, this is about human rights
Agreed. It’s not a TRV for work or studying. It’s to complete a family unit. A fundamental international right!

Caly

Star Member
Feb 2, 2020
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
Agreed. It’s not a TRV for work or studying. It’s to complete a family unit. A fundamental international right!
But it's not. :/
Have you seen the show 90 Day Fiancé and its spinoff, The Other Way where Americans try to move to other countries? Some go the spousal route and still can't get their spouse to the US etc in a timely fashion. When you fall for someone in a different country it seems to always be a complicated process.
When there's a raging pandemic that has shut offices across the globe that your application needs to contact for information like background checks, it's going to take time. I've been frustrated because I haven't been able to even do biometrics, but I'm trying to be understanding and patient.
All you have to do is look at the insane number of Covid cases in the US to understand why Canada and other countries don't want to reopen too quickly.

Andre5

Star Member
Apr 26, 2020
I understand your frustration, we are all frustrated, but I don’t understand the point or the value of directing your frustration toward other members or venting on this forum.
It's annoying when people who aren't in the same boat as you chime in and tell you to be patient. Yeah, thanks. We all know our stuff is going to be processed eventually. That's not helpful.

The June 8th announcement has turned out to just be hot air. And now, after the recent ridiculous remarks in the news from the IRCC spokesperson, it is amazing more people don't have a head full of steam.

Andre5

Star Member
Apr 26, 2020
Link to the announcement?
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/amp/politics/article-covid-19-slows-visa-processing-leaving-many-families-separated/?utm_medium=Referrer: Social Network / Media&utm_campaign=Shared Web Article Links&__twitter_impression=true

“Some IRCC offices are slowly opening up, and we anticipate some overseas offices to gradually open in the coming weeks and months. Some offices will partially open and will be limited to essential services; however, we continue to process permanent resident applications where capacity allows,” she said.

Ms. Fenelon said no application in process will be closed or refused because it is lacking a necessary document or missing a deadline, because of COVID-19."

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/amp/politics/article-covid-19-slows-visa-processing-leaving-many-families-separated/?utm_medium=Referrer: Social Network / Media&utm_campaign=Shared Web Article Links&__twitter_impression=true

“Some IRCC offices are slowly opening up, and we anticipate some overseas offices to gradually open in the coming weeks and months. Some offices will partially open and will be limited to essential services; however, we continue to process permanent resident applications where capacity allows,” she said.

Ms. Fenelon said no application in process will be closed or refused because it is lacking a necessary document or missing a deadline, because of COVID-19."
Whether you are waiting for immigration or waiting for surgery all Canadians are having to deal with delays. When you marry someone who lives abroad there is a sponsorship process. Most people research the process and know the wait times before getting married. There are likely to be some delays in addition to normal processing times. It would be a human rights abuse if there was no way to reunite with a spouse but there is a process. There are delays to almost everything these days. On top of that Canada doesn't want a large amount of people coming in from abroad. There have already been recent cases where people returning to Canada have tested positive for covid and some have spread it to others in the process. Visitors will also not be able to purchase travel medical insurance to cover covid so it will be up to the Canadian taxpayers to cover the cost of visitors who get sick. These are all consideration.

Reactions: Caly

CDNsoldier

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Spousal Sponsorship
countries that taught you about human rights you are venting your frustration out on same countries. how about practicing the same in your home country.
That’s harsh. We ALL came (current or previous generations) from other countries. Only indigenous people of Canada are native to this land! We ALL came here for a better life secure future. Canada allows one to “vent” about Canadian government or dependents etc. The same rights that allows you to say whatever you want (helpful/rude/out to lunch). If you have never had any “venting” regarding Canada or anything Canadian related( phone plans, hospital wait times, housing prices...), I commend you!

Ksavier

Star Member
Apr 30, 2018
yeah true but there is a process and that is known as spouse visa not TRV. if you really want to be with your partner there is an option of bringing your spouse back to your home country and let IRCC process applications at their own speed.
This is process we are investing our time, money and patience into THE SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP. For many of us the are no options to be together and wait out the process outland, and Inland is only possible if the spouse is also granted a TRV or another sort of visa but many spouses come from backgrounds or situations that don't quite fit into the "convincing the officer of leaving Canada at the end of the visa" narrative. Being our spouses should be enough to be scrutinized on a different manner, these people are not pleasure tourists or new international students waiting for their chance. THIS IS OUR FAMILY and we have the right to be together. Please get off your high horse, family has been a fundamental part of human existence since we used to hunt with rocks and dress with leather, don't need one of "these" countries to tell us about it to understand.