+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New TR TO PR pathway

canadawonderland

May 2, 2021
Hi I am on my PGWP right now and it expires soon. I have applied for the TR to PR pathway and one eligibility requirement for it is to be in Canada when the application is approved. Since IRCC tweeted that this pathway doesn't let us obtain a BOWP.

S my question is that can I apply for the PGWP extension under the new pgwp extension public policy as I am eligible for it. Do you think that it would be a issue as no where it states that people who applied for TR to PR pathway can't apply for the PGWP extension and vice versa.

Kindly please guide.

Ask_Arsh

Star Member
Sep 2, 2019
Winnipeg, MB
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2018
LANDED..........
12-06-2018
Hi I am on my PGWP right now and it expires soon. I have applied for the TR to PR pathway and one eligibility requirement for it is to be in Canada when the application is approved. Since IRCC tweeted that this pathway doesn't let us obtain a BOWP.

S my question is that can I apply for the PGWP extension under the new pgwp extension public policy as I am eligible for it. Do you think that it would be a issue as no where it states that people who applied for TR to PR pathway can't apply for the PGWP extension and vice versa.

Kindly please guide.
Good Question.. I'd say go for it. That's the best you can do at this point. I don't know your whole situation but based on what you said, this seems like a good option.

Ask_Arsh

Star Member
Sep 2, 2019
Winnipeg, MB
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2018
LANDED..........
12-06-2018
Can we change personal history and some form details now or we have to wait for AOR ?
It is not possible to change now. You have to wait for AOR to send updated forms through Webform or a different way if IRCC announces another portal.

But for now, there is no way this can be updated.

Axp82

May 12, 2021
It is not possible to change now. You have to wait for AOR to send updated forms through Webform or a different way if IRCC announces another portal.

We can withdraw and apply again ?

Axp82

May 12, 2021

As i am essential worker , can i withdraw and reapply?

canadawonderland

May 2, 2021

Hey but what if they reject it before hand post seeing the gaps and unfilled boxes. Moreover from what I am sensing, when we had submitted our applications, the only differentiating thing we had put in was our UCI, and with the Webform, we would provide that too so wherever that TR to PR application went (which is their servers/portal) and which is of course accessible by them and they can edit it( hopefully) So if I send the documents through the Webform with the UCI number and put a message on the Webform that please link it with my TR to PR application with the same UCI number.

Don't you think that would be fine. Please give your opinions. Thanks a ton