+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New to the Board - Here's My Timeline

enfynity10

Dec 9, 2012
Hello everyone. I have been snooping on this board for a few weeks and just registered today. I have already gotten a lot out of it and wanted to share my experience so far. Below is my personal timeline:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 3, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 3, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on October 26, 2012.

We sent you a letter on October 31, 2012. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

I actually changed my address at the start of October which caused a bit of a delay in getting my Request for Fingerprints (it went to my old address because it wasn't updated in time.) I have since received the letter and did my fingerpints towards the end of November. The letter for fingerprints is the last update I have.

Does it normally take a while to acknowledge fingerprints being received?

Anyone else share a similar timeline? :)

Abahoni

Star Member
Sep 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
enfynity10 said:
Hello everyone. I have been snooping on this board for a few weeks and just registered today. I have already gotten a lot out of it and wanted to share my experience so far. Below is my personal timeline:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 3, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 3, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on October 26, 2012.

We sent you a letter on October 31, 2012. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

I actually changed my address at the start of October which caused a bit of a delay in getting my Request for Fingerprints (it went to my old address because it wasn't updated in time.) I have since received the letter and did my fingerpints towards the end of November. The letter for fingerprints is the last update I have.

Does it normally take a while to acknowledge fingerprints being received?

Anyone else share a similar timeline? :)
Hi, probably you are getting RQ, but do not worry, now a days it is a normal procedure for most of the applicants.

enfynity10

Dec 9, 2012
Abahoni said:
Hi, probably you are getting RQ, but do not worry, now a days it is a normal procedure for most of the applicants.
Yeah I've been seeing a lot of people here talk about getting an RQ. I have my fingers crossed that I don't get one.

Guess I will wait and see. :)

edmonton2011

Star Member
Dec 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Abahoni said:
Why would he get an RQ? The "requested document" was finger print request.

Abahoni, there is a good chances that you won't receive RQ. Most of the time RQ is requested a few days after CIC starts processing the application, unless of course the CO finds something questionable in your application or in your answers at the interview.

galingal

Oct 4, 2012
Your time is about the same as mine. I got the letter in Jan 2012 (a month after apply). I've been checking on E-Cas there is nothing!!! not even receive.. I phoned once the answer was "your case looks normal wait for a year then you would get a letter" next month will be a year, I dout it!!

enfynity10

Dec 9, 2012
galingal said:
Your time is about the same as mine. I got the letter in Jan 2012 (a month after apply). I've been checking on E-Cas there is nothing!!! not even receive.. I phoned once the answer was "your case looks normal wait for a year then you would get a letter" next month will be a year, I dout it!!
That's a long time to hear nothing. Did you get a Study Guide even? I guess if you called and they said it looks normal that's something. Good luck!