+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEW Thread for ACCRA Visa Office - Spousal Sponsorship Stream

Ujumumbu

Aug 19, 2021
Hello guys,
My spouse was a protected person in Canada and then added me to his ongoing application after marriage. Is the add-on the same thing as Spousal sponsorship? He added me while his application was on and he just got his PR last month end. Meanwhile, he was informed that he should send my form to Accra Visa office and that i should do biometrics which i did.

Is add-on to already existing application same thing as spousal sponsorship?

Reneekay

Feb 9, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
Hello guys,
My spouse was a protected person in Canada and then added me to his ongoing application after marriage. Is the add-on the same thing as Spousal sponsorship? He added me while his application was on and he just got his PR last month end. Meanwhile, he was informed that he should send my form to Accra Visa office and that i should do biometrics which i did.

Is add-on to already existing application same thing as spousal sponsorship?
Hello,
No, it isn't the same, only a Permanent resident or Canadian citizen can sponsor a spouse ...in your situation he added you to his PR application which is different

Bamola

May 19, 2021
Hi, is there anyone who has sent out passport for early august 2021 to lagos vfs to accra for pr visa? i just want to know if they have received any update aside from tracking it online. thanks

Reactions: nabil elamin

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
As I said earlier
AVO does not ve a definite time. I suggest you ease yourself up as it may take long or it can happen in the shortest of time. All applications are treated differently. Much of the delay in hearing from AVO is attributed to covid but in recent times, it seems they are picking up their pace in processing.
I wish you all the best and from an experience do not focus so much on it as this can cause you so much psychologically. Wishing u the best and I hope you get a speedy processing to reunite with ur spouse.
That is not true. Visa offices like those in the Philippines whose population and visa applications are more than or if not anything triple than Ghana etc populations and visa applications are taking 4 months in filing and approving spousal sponsorship and the VISA office in ghana is taking forever and longer time to deny families what is rightfully theirs. That is not fair on the visa officers part and is like they don't care....Do some of them know how it feels like to be away from your spouses for years? Some people are loosing their marriages all because of the misunderstanding between couples for the delay in visa approvals caused by visa offices.They are just using covid as an excuse....That is not right and it got to stop....They just don't care

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi....I am a bit confused about the status and timeline of my wife's application.

I am Canadian permanent resident myself. We submitted both my sponsorship application and her permanent resident application on July 27 2021 to Nova Scotia.

Application was completed as outside Canada.
We recieved acknowledgement of reciept May 3 2021.

I recieved notification of confirmation of my eligibility to sponsored July 27 and same day we recieved notification of transfer to Accra visa office as well as notice for my wife to do biometric before August 23rd.

I've read the gory details of how long it takes for application to be considered at AVO and I am wondering what exact stage her appl9cation is and whether to do a visit visa for her in the meantime.

Can you kindly share what you think happens next? Your estimated view of the timeline from this point and whether it is wise my doing a temporary visit visa in December if nothing happens by then.
They will make the visitors visa be almost from 6-12 month as well as the main sponsorship stuff....They just take forever in doing stuffs when they can use just 4 months like how other visa offices are processing sponsorship applications and approving them who even have more populations and visa applications than Ghana,Nigeria and Sierra Leon....Philippines, Chinese and Indians are getting applications faster than our small continent visa office....it is sad!!

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi....I am a bit confused about the status and timeline of my wife's application.

I am Canadian permanent resident myself. We submitted both my sponsorship application and her permanent resident application on July 27 2021 to Nova Scotia.

Application was completed as outside Canada.
We recieved acknowledgement of reciept May 3 2021.

I recieved notification of confirmation of my eligibility to sponsored July 27 and same day we recieved notification of transfer to Accra visa office as well as notice for my wife to do biometric before August 23rd.

I've read the gory details of how long it takes for application to be considered at AVO and I am wondering what exact stage her appl9cation is and whether to do a visit visa for her in the meantime.

Can you kindly share what you think happens next? Your estimated view of the timeline from this point and whether it is wise my doing a temporary visit visa in December if nothing happens by then.
Now they taking 269 days in processing visitors visa which is almost 9month and when you apply aside the sponsorship they sees it as dual intent and that has a different way of processing and how they look at it!!

LeaAmbrose

Star Member
Feb 21, 2021
Québec
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
App. Filed.......
14-01-2021
AOR Received.
25-02-2021
File Transfer...
26-03-2021
Med's Request
07-07-2021
Med's Done....
28-07-2021
Passport and COPR received today!

Reactions: anniegreat

LeaAmbrose

Star Member
Feb 21, 2021
Québec
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
App. Filed.......
14-01-2021
AOR Received.
25-02-2021
File Transfer...
26-03-2021
Med's Request
07-07-2021
Med's Done....
28-07-2021
Your timeline is??
It is in my signature.
Spousal Sponsorship - Outland (Nigeria)
Jan 14, 2021: Application received at IRCC in Sydney.
Feb 25, 2021: AOR1 / Sponsorship Approval received.
(Biometrics from May 7, 2019 used.)
March 2, 2021: CSQ/QC Undertaking application received at MIFI in Montréal.
Application being sent to Accra Visa Office in Ghana.
March 18, 2021: Letter from MIFI received acknowledging receipt along with payment receipt.
March 26, 2021: ECAS Update re: PR Application Status "Application Received".
April 8, 2021: CSQ received.
June 25, 2021: ECAS Update re: PR Application Status "In Process".
July 6, 2021: Background check completed.
July 7, 2021: Pre-Arrival Services and Medical Request.
July 22, 2021: Medical Completed.
July 28, 2021: Medical Passed.
August 6, 2021: ECAS Update re: PR Application Status “Decision Made”.
August 10, 2021: Passport Requested!!!
September 8, 2021: Eligibility reviewed and application APPROVED in GCKey with counterfoil.
September 22, 2021: Passport received with COPR!

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
It is in my signature.
Spousal Sponsorship - Outland (Nigeria)
Jan 14, 2021: Application received at IRCC in Sydney.
Feb 25, 2021: AOR1 / Sponsorship Approval received.
(Biometrics from May 7, 2019 used.)
March 2, 2021: CSQ/QC Undertaking application received at MIFI in Montréal.
Application being sent to Accra Visa Office in Ghana.
March 18, 2021: Letter from MIFI received acknowledging receipt along with payment receipt.
March 26, 2021: ECAS Update re: PR Application Status "Application Received".
April 8, 2021: CSQ received.
June 25, 2021: ECAS Update re: PR Application Status "In Process".
July 6, 2021: Background check completed.
July 7, 2021: Pre-Arrival Services and Medical Request.
July 22, 2021: Medical Completed.
July 28, 2021: Medical Passed.
August 6, 2021: ECAS Update re: PR Application Status “Decision Made”.
August 10, 2021: Passport Requested!!!
September 8, 2021: Eligibility reviewed and application APPROVED in GCKey with counterfoil.
September 22, 2021: Passport received with COPR!
That's a good one.....welcome to Canada.....You going to Quebec Province I believe. Enjoy

stylequeen

Jan 10, 2019
Hello everyone. Please anyone attended interview organised by AVO recently (in Lagos)? I have an interview scheduled for next week. Any advise and suggestions are welcome please. Thank you!

Jahlove2000

Star Member
Apr 4, 2020
Hello everyone,

I was asked to submit my out of Canada dependants application to Accra in June 2021.

My spouse missed a call from AVO earlier today..... She would be returning the call on Monday. Has anyone got a call like this before? Any suggestions is welcome.

Thank you

Abtols

Star Member
Jan 12, 2021
Hi everyone,
My spouse's application was received by the Accra Vo in the first week of September (via DHL) but yet to receive any acknowledgement from the office. It has been over 2months. We raised web form to ask about the application 3weeks ago and yet to get a response to the web form from Accra as well. Is this normal with Accra Vo?