Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi....I am a bit confused about the status and timeline of my wife's application.

I am Canadian permanent resident myself. We submitted both my sponsorship application and her permanent resident application on July 27 2021 to Nova Scotia.

Application was completed as outside Canada.
We recieved acknowledgement of reciept May 3 2021.

I recieved notification of confirmation of my eligibility to sponsored July 27 and same day we recieved notification of transfer to Accra visa office as well as notice for my wife to do biometric before August 23rd.

I've read the gory details of how long it takes for application to be considered at AVO and I am wondering what exact stage her appl9cation is and whether to do a visit visa for her in the meantime.

Can you kindly share what you think happens next? Your estimated view of the timeline from this point and whether it is wise my doing a temporary visit visa in December if nothing happens by then.
Forget about the Visitors visa...It might even take longer than the PR Application itself....Immigration see such applications as dual intent and they look at it somehow

Reactions: WBC

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Why is it that everyone complains about the visa office in Accra that they take more years to process applications and that breaks home and families I have a friend who is in his 4th year till now still don’t know his faith
He can look for a lawyer and let them file judial complaint against accra visa office....I'm a ghanaian and canadian and i think that is really not attractive

Jotemsi

Jul 5, 2019
NOC Code......
A
Visa application, tracking ID No. The envelope for the decision on the results of your visa that has been processed has been received at the Canadian Visa Application Center at Ghana OC, on the date. We will then send this to the Canadian Visa Application Center Ghana OC. Please note that this is an automated email. Please DO NOT reply to this email. </ P> Your decision envelope will be returned to you via the courier service offered by the VAC.

I received the above mail from VFS. Does it mean my passport has been stamped?

NAKEQubita

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
Hey everyone! Adding our timeline to the thread in case it helps anyone out. My husband and I did an out of Canada application.
Submitted Feb 2021
Biometrics June 2021
Medicals July 2021
And since then we haven’t heard a thing and no updates on GCkey acc. So we ordered GCMS notes and received them Nov 2021.
Looks like I was approved to sponsor back around June (never received the approval email because the officer misspelled my email address ‍♀) and it seems that as of Oct 2021 the app has been sent back to Accra to finish up processing.
Soo my question to you all is does anyone know what kind of timeline we might be working with before we finally get the update for him to drop off his passport?
We’ve also provided A TON of proof to the genuineness of our relationship. But I read on a diff thread that 40% of applications get refused from the Accra office. This is a bit concerning for me. We don’t mind him doing an interview, but have you guys had experience with it? Is an interview inevitable with this office?
Thanks!

Daboyjr

Dec 2, 2021
Hey everyone! Adding our timeline to the thread in case it helps anyone out. My husband and I did an out of Canada application.
Submitted Feb 2021
Biometrics June 2021
Medicals July 2021
And since then we haven’t heard a thing and no updates on GCkey acc. So we ordered GCMS notes and received them Nov 2021.
Looks like I was approved to sponsor back around June (never received the approval email because the officer misspelled my email address ‍♀) and it seems that as of Oct 2021 the app has been sent back to Accra to finish up processing.
Soo my question to you all is does anyone know what kind of timeline we might be working with before we finally get the update for him to drop off his passport?
We’ve also provided A TON of proof to the genuineness of our relationship. But I read on a diff thread that 40% of applications get refused from the Accra office. This is a bit concerning for me. We don’t mind him doing an interview, but have you guys had experience with it? Is an interview inevitable with this office?
Thanks!
My wife had completed her medical exam since July and I have not received any updates from them ever since. I contacted my MP and responded on December 1 with
  • Application was received December 3 2020 and is being processing in Accra;
  • Sponsor has been deemed eligible;
  • Eligibility for the applicant is in progress;
  • Criminality and Medicals have passed;
  • Security has not been initiated.

Im will contact the AVO next week if I don’t receive anything this week

Jotemsi

Jul 5, 2019
NOC Code......
A
So I received the below message today:

VFS Global

The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. has been received from the IRCC Office on Thu Dec 09 2021 at the Canada Visa Application Centre, CVO and is ready for collection. For details on the location and hours of operation of our VAC, please refer to our website at: https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/Nigeria. Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do not reply to this email.

Your decision envelope will be returned to you via the courier service offered by the VAC. Collection of decision envelopes in-person at the VAC is not permitted until further notice. Please refer to the 'Buy Services' page of the VAC website for further information on courier services offered by the VAC.

Does it mean my passport is back in Nigeria VFS and all that's left is to courier it to me?

Janeyyy

Aug 14, 2021
So I received the below message today:

VFS Global

The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. has been received from the IRCC Office on Thu Dec 09 2021 at the Canada Visa Application Centre, CVO and is ready for collection. For details on the location and hours of operation of our VAC, please refer to our website at: https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/Nigeria. Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do not reply to this email.

Your decision envelope will be returned to you via the courier service offered by the VAC. Collection of decision envelopes in-person at the VAC is not permitted until further notice. Please refer to the 'Buy Services' page of the VAC website for further information on courier services offered by the VAC.

Does it mean my passport is back in Nigeria VFS and all that's left is to courier it to me?
I suggest you email or livechat VFS for clarity. When did you send your passport? Is it Spousal?

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
My wife had completed her medical exam since July and I have not received any updates from them ever since. I contacted my MP and responded on December 1 with
  • Application was received December 3 2020 and is being processing in Accra;
  • Sponsor has been deemed eligible;
  • Eligibility for the applicant is in progress;
  • Criminality and Medicals have passed;
  • Security has not been initiated.

Im will contact the AVO next week if I don’t receive anything this week
As for AVO they are good in frustrating marital couples so be ready for the long haul....Even if they will respond to you your email then, luck you because they just don't care!!

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hello guys,
My spouse was a protected person in Canada and then added me to his ongoing application after marriage. Is the add-on the same thing as Spousal sponsorship? He added me while his application was on and he just got his PR last month end. Meanwhile, he was informed that he should send my form to Accra Visa office and that i should do biometrics which i did.

Is add-on to already existing application same thing as spousal sponsorship?
no you need to be sponsored

Daboyjr

Dec 2, 2021
As for AVO they are good in frustrating marital couples so be ready for the long haul....Even if they will respond to you your email then, luck you because they just don't care!!
They are bunch of idiots… it’s really getting frustrating. Since July when she passed her medical nothing ever since…sometimes I feel like insulting them but I was advised not to do it. I will continue to wait I guess.

Shankoma75

Star Member
Dec 23, 2021
I went for my spousal application interview and I was hoping they will keep my passport after my interview but they handed it to me... pls I want to know if it's normal or something is wrong.? Do they request passport differently?

Shankoma75

Star Member
Dec 23, 2021
I went for my spousal application interview and I was hoping they will keep my passport after my interview but they handed it to me... pls I want to know if it's normal or something is wrong.? Do they request passport differently? ... or does anyone knows how long it takes for passport to be requested after an interview. My interview was in the first week of Jan 2022 ...

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
I went for my spousal application interview and I was hoping they will keep my passport after my interview but they handed it to me... pls I want to know if it's normal or something is wrong.? Do they request passport differently? ... or does anyone knows how long it takes for passport to be requested after an interview. My interview was in the first week of Jan 2022 ...
That is relative..It happens for some but I guess in your case, it was not so.Which means you've not reached PPR stage yet but soon...The interview needs to be reviewed as per immigration policy and upon the officers discretion if he's convinced from his office and that of the central processing offices, Sydney, ottawa and Mississauga, which ever office as the host from where your application was transfered from and if both of these offices are convinced by what you said, then, security comes or background or which ever before PPR will come....You see, the passport was to make sure you're the real person you said in the application that you were....Just for security and certain policies sake, IRCC requires all interviewers to bring their passport because your passport, name and face and identity represent you....Just keep your hope high in the Lord....for with men, this is impossible but with God, all thing, like little immigration stresses like these are possible.....

Last edited:

Shankoma75

Star Member
Dec 23, 2021
That is relative..It happens for some but I guess in your case, it was not so.Which means you've not reached PPR stage yet but soon...The interview needs to be reviewed as per immigration policy and upon the officers discretion if he's convinced from his office and that of the central processing offices, Sydney, ottawa and Mississauga, which ever office as the host from where your application was transfered from and if both of these offices are convinced by what you said, then, security comes or background or which ever before PPR will come....You see, the passport was to make sure you're the real person you said in the application that you were....Just for security and certain policies sake, IRCC requires all interviewers to bring their passport because your passport, name and face and identity represent you....Just keep your hope high in the Lord....for with men, this is impossible but with God, all thing, like little immigration stresses like these are possible.....
Thanks very much and I'm trusting God on this.