+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEW Thread for ACCRA Visa Office - Spousal Sponsorship Stream

olufunshy

Oct 26, 2021
Just came across this AVO thread today. I have been on the general spousal thread since last year. I thought my case is peculiar until I saw people's timeline on this forum. I posted on the main forum earlier, let me repeat same here. AVO is frustrating ooo. GCMS note that would have helped to know how far is now taking an average of 3months, I dont think it would be of much help as I would have received my PPR and COPR by then by God's grace. Maybe I should research who the MP for Winnipeg is and contact him afterall as my last resort.

My case is peculiar. If not that I have a good job and I am not that desperate to leave, I can imagine the frustration it could have brought.

Got married Jan. 2020, we were both widows with kids from our late spouses. After pressure from my wife, I decided to submit application for me and my 2 kids in July 2020.

Application: July 2020
AOR: January 28th 2021
Medicals: April 2021
Medical passed May 3rd 2021
Correspondence 1, interview request.
October 21, interview done at IOM in Ikeja and updated as completed.
Pre arrival: October 28

Till now, nothing. My application page on IRCC remains same. I checked for status on another platform.and I saw decision made probably since October.
We had a new baby since September 1st 2021 and I have not seen her. I don't know what else to do.

Planning to put in for visiting by February if nothing comes up before then.

My V.O is Accra, seems they have lots of backlog there.

Application status on my IRCC online account reads we are processing your application and we will send you a message once final decision has been made.

Background check, we are processing
Review of eligibility- we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements, this has not changed since like forever.

I don't like the idea of GCMS note that takes almost 3months, it proves nothing to me and I don't like to contact any M.P.

Any other useful suggestions?

fecharles

Star Member
Mar 22, 2020
Just came across this AVO thread today. I have been on the general spousal thread since last year. I thought my case is peculiar until I saw people's timeline on this forum. I posted on the main forum earlier, let me repeat same here. AVO is frustrating ooo. GCMS note that would have helped to know how far is now taking an average of 3months, I dont think it would be of much help as I would have received my PPR and COPR by then by God's grace. Maybe I should research who the MP for Winnipeg is and contact him afterall as my last resort.

My case is peculiar. If not that I have a good job and I am not that desperate to leave, I can imagine the frustration it could have brought.

Got married Jan. 2020, we were both widows with kids from our late spouses. After pressure from my wife, I decided to submit application for me and my 2 kids in July 2020.

Application: July 2020
AOR: January 28th 2021
Medicals: April 2021
Medical passed May 3rd 2021
Correspondence 1, interview request.
October 21, interview done at IOM in Ikeja and updated as completed.
Pre arrival: October 28

Till now, nothing. My application page on IRCC remains same. I checked for status on another platform.and I saw decision made probably since October.
We had a new baby since September 1st 2021 and I have not seen her. I don't know what else to do.

Planning to put in for visiting by February if nothing comes up before then.

My V.O is Accra, seems they have lots of backlog there.

Application status on my IRCC online account reads we are processing your application and we will send you a message once final decision has been made.

Background check, we are processing
Review of eligibility- we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements, this has not changed since like forever.

I don't like the idea of GCMS note that takes almost 3months, it proves nothing to me and I don't like to contact any M.P.

Any other useful suggestions?
My timeline and yours looks similar.. only for little difference. I also did my interview at IOM Ikeja on September 16, 2021 and got pre-arrival letter on September 29, 2021. Since then, no further update. Please, you said you saw decision made on another platform, which platform is that please? Thanks

Kimberly03

Mar 17, 2020
Hello guys please for those that have submitted and received their passports through VAC from Nigeria ; please did you pay money for the one way courier for the return of your decision envelopes? Please kindly explain the whole transmission process to me.

Janice I

Mar 1, 2022
Hi
My heart goes out to all, something has to change. I have researched everything and anything along our journey I could find and I am amazed there is not more outrage. I am very disheartened how the process is not taken into consideration at all levels of government. I am sponsoring my husband in Nigeria and our 3rd wedding anniversary is on May18th 2022. We applied July 2019 for spousal sponsorship denied after inter view Feb 19th 2020 because interviewer deemed not a genuine relationship. We appealed, hearing was May 3rd of 2021 told that day decision overturned, that interviewer got it wrong. Disgusted that this happened...over a year later to be told they got it wrong!!! Had to wait again and received email to have another medical done, additional paperwork and police checks Dec 20th 2021, again for second time ...all cost money. Ircc recieved everything by Jan 12th, Jan 27th requested passport and additional info, everything sent on Jan 29th to VFS. Received email on Feb 21st arrived in Accra, why so long???No updates since, so frustrated...if anyone can tell me where to lodge complaints please let me know.
Thank you for your time.

Reactions: Bambi2019

Janice I

Mar 1, 2022
Hi
My heart goes out to all, something has to change. I have researched everything and anything along our journey I could find and I am amazed there is not more outrage. I am very disheartened how the process is not taken into consideration at all levels of government. I am sponsoring my husband in Nigeria and our 3rd wedding anniversary is on May18th 2022. We applied July 2019 for spousal sponsorship denied after inter view Feb 19th 2020 because interviewer deemed not a genuine relationship. We appealed, hearing was May 3rd of 2021 told that day decision overturned, that interviewer got it wrong. Disgusted that this happened...over a year later to be told they got it wrong!!! Had to wait again and received email to have another medical done, additional paperwork and police checks Dec 20th 2021, again for second time ...all cost money. Ircc recieved everything by Jan 12th, Jan 27th requested passport and additional info, everything sent on Jan 29th to VFS. Received email on Feb 21st arrived in Accra, why so long???No updates since, so frustrated...if anyone can tell me where to lodge complaints please let me know.
Thank you for your time.
Also please reach out if you have similar situation.

Bambi2019

Star Member
Jul 31, 2019
Hi
Thank you for your time.
I am in a similar situation and I have no idea what to do. I very much would like for the government to know that this is very unfair . Even after winning an appeal they have you wait for so long to even just open the case again. I don’t understand why, If it’s more people they need to work the back log I’m sure families here are so desperate to be together that they don’t mind even paying extra so that they can just be together. This is very frustrating and affects mental health in all aspects

olufunshy

Oct 26, 2021
I am in a similar situation and I have no idea what to do. I very much would like for the government to know that this is very unfair . Even after winning an appeal they have you wait for so long to even just open the case again. I don’t understand why, If it’s more people they need to work the back log I’m sure families here are so desperate to be together that they don’t mind even paying extra so that they can just be together. This is very frustrating and affects mental health in all aspects
Also please reach out if you have similar situation.
Hi
Thank you for your time.
You are almost there, hang on. VFS Nigeria is noted for delays but you are less than a week or 2 to have your passport back.

Janice I

Mar 1, 2022
It really does, have not seen my husband since married May 19th 2019. Thankfully we have a been there for each other through it. You mentioned similar situation? Thank you for responding.