+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEW Thread for ACCRA Visa Office - Spousal Sponsorship Stream

Janice I

Mar 1, 2022
The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. ****** has been received from the IRCC Office on Fri Mar 11 2022 and will be dispatched to the Canada Visa Application Centre where you applied or at the courier address provided by you at the time of submission of your application. Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do not reply to this email.
Yeahhhhh finally!!

Penny.a

Star Member
Jul 3, 2021
Hey everyone! Adding our timeline to the thread in case it helps anyone out. My husband and I did an out of Canada application.
Submitted Feb 2021
Biometrics June 2021
Medicals July 2021
And since then we haven’t heard a thing and no updates on GCkey acc. So we ordered GCMS notes and received them Nov 2021.
Looks like I was approved to sponsor back around June (never received the approval email because the officer misspelled my email address ‍♀) and it seems that as of Oct 2021 the app has been sent back to Accra to finish up processing.
Soo my question to you all is does anyone know what kind of timeline we might be working with before we finally get the update for him to drop off his passport?
We’ve also provided A TON of proof to the genuineness of our relationship. But I read on a diff thread that 40% of applications get refused from the Accra office. This is a bit concerning for me. We don’t mind him doing an interview, but have you guys had experience with it? Is an interview inevitable with this office?
Thanks!
Any good news about your application? I hope you have PPR now?

Babanee

Feb 28, 2022
Any good news about your application? I hope you have PPR now?
My wife and I applied and submitted my application Feb 2021 for outland
Canada permanent residence
Biometric June 2021
Medical July 2021
Interview October 2021
Got Pre-arrival email Oct 29th
After the interview the Visa officer told me interview passed and also Medical passed and i should be expecting email for my Passport submission or they will let me know if any additional documents needed. But since after the Pre-arrival email on October 29th we haven't heard anything from Accra visa office. Pls anyone experiencing this too or have idea what's delaying?

Penny.a

Star Member
Jul 3, 2021
My wife and I applied and submitted my application Feb 2021 for outland
Canada permanent residence
Biometric June 2021
Medical July 2021
Interview October 2021
Got Pre-arrival email Oct 29th
After the interview the Visa officer told me interview passed and also Medical passed and i should be expecting email for my Passport submission or they will let me know if any additional documents needed. But since after the Pre-arrival email on October 29th we haven't heard anything from Accra visa office. Pls anyone experiencing this too or have idea what's delaying?
Try and contact an MP.
I'm going through same.

Reactions: Babanee

Shankoma75

Star Member
Dec 23, 2021
No response but some MPs are good. You can get one who is helpful.
Do you mean we should contact our mp in Ghana here or the mp in Canada where our spouses lives. Cos I'm in Ghana and it's not easy to reach out to an mp,. I don't know how easy it is for others tho. But not on my side, I have been waiting since 2019 .

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
An MP in Canada where your spouse resides.
How can you reach out to an MP in Canada when your spouse in in Accra? Canadian MPS who have real life and can get paid 100 times than the African Mp's Ghana Mps are easily reachable but you can never reach any Ghanaian MP on matters like this....Even if you will get them, they won't help you!! They are thinking about how to corrupt some amount to make themselves rich and you are hear talking about immigration issues that favors only you....Do they dare.....

So @Penny.a..

You can't get Ghana MP's to help out!!

Janice I

Mar 1, 2022
The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. ****** has been received from the IRCC Office on Fri Mar 11 2022 and will be dispatched to the Canada Visa Application Centre where you applied or at the courier address provided by you at the time of submission of your application. Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do not reply to this email.
Yeahhhhh finally!!
Thought I should update, husband arrived in Canada Apr. 3rd!!!! It has been a long journey since 2019 but we made it. Good luck to everyone still in the process, I wish you all the best.

Reactions: messco2020

nmorji

Mar 30, 2022
Our passport for PRTD was dispatched today (4/22) from the Lagos VFS; does anyone have a timeline of how long it takes to be processed once dispatched/ received?

nmorji

Mar 30, 2022
Yeahhhhh finally!!
How long did it take to get your passport back from the VAC?! Our counterfoil was just added today and we’re so impatient