+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEW Thread for ACCRA Visa Office - Spousal Sponsorship Stream

chukeedon1

Jun 26, 2019
Hi....I am a bit confused about the status and timeline of my wife's application.

I am Canadian permanent resident myself. We submitted both my sponsorship application and her permanent resident application on July 27 2021 to Nova Scotia.

Application was completed as outside Canada.
We recieved acknowledgement of reciept May 3 2021.

I recieved notification of confirmation of my eligibility to sponsored July 27 and same day we recieved notification of transfer to Accra visa office as well as notice for my wife to do biometric before August 23rd.

I've read the gory details of how long it takes for application to be considered at AVO and I am wondering what exact stage her appl9cation is and whether to do a visit visa for her in the meantime.

Can you kindly share what you think happens next? Your estimated view of the timeline from this point and whether it is wise my doing a temporary visit visa in December if nothing happens by then.

Reactions: anniegreat

LeaAmbrose

Star Member
Feb 21, 2021
Québec
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
App. Filed.......
14-01-2021
AOR Received.
25-02-2021
File Transfer...
26-03-2021
Med's Request
07-07-2021
Med's Done....
28-07-2021
Hello everyone!
Our ECAS PR status has just changed to Decision Made!
No PPR as of yet.

Reactions: anniegreat

Janeyyy

Aug 14, 2021
Hello everyone,

Please I need to know if I am the only one with this issue. My application was submitted May of this year, AOR June, Sponsor approval/File transferred to Accra (AVO) July, however I observed from people's timeline that their Bio-metrics request usually comes in before Sponsor approval/file transferred to Accra (AVO). Also, I have been tracking on CIC website, the last update was that a letter was sent to me on the 29th of June, I have not received anything. I signed up and got GCKey yet I can't link my file online for detailed information. Please is their anyone that applied in May that is yet to get a Bio metrics request? I am really worried!

Zino19

Apr 6, 2020
Hello everyone,

Please I need to know if I am the only one with this issue. My application was submitted May of this year, AOR June, Sponsor approval/File transferred to Accra (AVO) July, however I observed from people's timeline that their Bio-metrics request usually comes in before Sponsor approval/file transferred to Accra (AVO). Also, I have been tracking on CIC website, the last update was that a letter was sent to me on the 29th of June, I have not received anything. I signed up and got GCKey yet I can't link my file online for detailed information. Please is their anyone that applied in May that is yet to get a Bio metrics request? I am really worried!
You dont need to worry much.
IRCC does not always follow a particular pattern.

Mine was sent to Accra before they later requested for Bio n medicals.

This process requires lots of patience. Inasmush as it is important to keep track of your own timeline by comparing it to others, The more you compare your timeline to others, the more u stress yourself up.

Take it easy on yourself because
the process is very draining.

On the linking up of your application
If you have no dependents then
Indicate number of applicants to be two when linking up the application. If you have dependents include their number to that of the PA and sponsor.
All the best.

Janeyyy

Aug 14, 2021
You dont need to worry much.
IRCC does not always follow a particular pattern.

Mine was sent to Accra before they later requested for Bio n medicals.

This process requires lots of patience. Inasmush as it is important to keep track of your own timeline by comparing it to others, The more you compare your timeline to others, the more u stress yourself up.

Take it easy on yourself because
the process is very draining.

On the linking up of your application
If you have no dependents then
Indicate number of applicants to be two when linking up the application. If you have dependents include their number to that of the PA and sponsor.
All the best.
Hello Zino,

Thank you so much for your response.

Please what is the timeline between the application sent to Accra and the request for Bio-metrics. Also, the I chose 2 as the number of applicants when linking the application as I have no dependents, yet it was not successful and yes I double checked all details.

Thanks once again

Zino19

Apr 6, 2020
Hello Zino,

Thank you so much for your response.

Please what is the timeline between the application sent to Accra and the request for Bio-metrics. Also, the I chose 2 as the number of applicants when linking the application as I have no dependents, yet it was not successful and yes I double checked all details.

Thanks once again
As I said earlier
AVO does not ve a definite time. I suggest you ease yourself up as it may take long or it can happen in the shortest of time. All applications are treated differently. Much of the delay in hearing from AVO is attributed to covid but in recent times, it seems they are picking up their pace in processing.
I wish you all the best and from an experience do not focus so much on it as this can cause you so much psychologically. Wishing u the best and I hope you get a speedy processing to reunite with ur spouse.

Janeyyy

Aug 14, 2021
Hello, I received my BIL yesterday however it was dated 29th June and expired 30th July. Please who knows a number I can call as I have sent emails. The letter came in yesterday and it was expired already, kindly assist.

Zino19

Apr 6, 2020
Hello, I received my BIL yesterday however it was dated 29th June and expired 30th July. Please who knows a number I can call as I have sent emails. The letter came in yesterday and it was expired already, kindly assist.

This is a personal opinion
I will suggest you go ahead and do the biometrics.
After send them a webform explaining that you only got the BIL yesterday and it was already expired, you tried reaching them to draw their attention but to no avail and highlight this is the main reason you are doing it late.

Add these copies as proof to your claims

1) the BIL letter itself
2) and a screenshot of your email and highlight the time indicating when the BiL email dropped in your inbox.
3. Screenshot a copy of email you sent to their office raising the same concern and you had no feedback.

anniegreat

Jul 26, 2021
Hi everyone, do any one have idea how long it would take for PPR after RFPRF is requested and paid for
Medical passed
Biometrics done
RFPRF Requested and paid for in July
Hope to here from you

Janeyyy

Aug 14, 2021
This is a personal opinion
I will suggest you go ahead and do the biometrics.
After send them a webform explaining that you only got the BIL yesterday and it was already expired, you tried reaching them to draw their attention but to no avail and highlight this is the main reason you are doing it late.

Add these copies as proof to your claims

1) the BIL letter itself
2) and a screenshot of your email and highlight the time indicating when the BiL email dropped in your inbox.
3. Screenshot a copy of email you sent to their office raising the same concern and you had no feedback.
Hello,

Thank you for your response.

I did all that yesterday, however for me to book an appointment with VFS I need to present the Biometrics Instructions Letter with a valid date.

I am awaiting response from the Visa office also and worried.