+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEW Thread for ACCRA Visa Office - Spousal Sponsorship Stream

JAY 29

Nov 25, 2019
Please I'm a bit confused. Is the 12 month validity of the medicals calculated from the date you got it done, or from the date you passed the exams?

WBC

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
Hi guys I got scheduled for an interview on the 20th of February, medical was done on the 6th of January I’m guessing medical was passed, but nothing has been updated on gc key or ecas yet. Seniors in the house any tips or advice of what to expect at the interview ?
In reading the forums sometimes you get notification before ECAS is updated.
Congratulations!! Wow, I'm so excited for you. Yes, there's a lot on the forums with respect to interview questions, take it seriously, don't make jokes, review your application notes, take additional information in with you - extra texts or photos if you have. I hope you have the same experience as others where their passport is stamped following the meeting. My prayers and best wishes are with you. This is fantastic news for us late July applicants....maybe there is some hope still...

Reactions: Ihnomech and Zikky

Zikky

Jun 24, 2019
In reading the forums sometimes you get notification before ECAS is updated.
Congratulations!! Wow, I'm so excited for you. Yes, there's a lot on the forums with respect to interview questions, take it seriously, don't make jokes, review your application notes, take additional information in with you - extra texts or photos if you have. I hope you have the same experience as others where their passport is stamped following the meeting. My prayers and best wishes are with you. This is fantastic news for us late July applicants....maybe there is some hope still...
Thank you so much for the advice I’ll give it my best shot, and I also pray u hear from them soon as well.

Reactions: WBC

WBC

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
Thank you so much for the advice I’ll give it my best shot, and I also pray u hear from them soon as well.
Thanks Z - we are still waiting on bio and medical requests and I know you've given me solid advise to stay calm...it seems to be getting harder...and I find myself checking ECAS like 4 times a day even though I know there's no update....I'm trying to contain all the stress within me and not bother my spouse about it as he is stressed enough. I will check with our agent next week to see what's up. I hate that Accra is one of the slowest offices, and yes, there is nothing we can do....other than wait n pray...at the mercy of Accra office...:(

Reactions: Zikky

Obioha

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
Thanks Z - we are still waiting on bio and medical requests and I know you've given me solid advise to stay calm...it seems to be getting harder...and I find myself checking ECAS like 4 times a day even though I know there's no update....I'm trying to contain all the stress within me and not bother my spouse about it as he is stressed enough. I will check with our agent next week to see what's up. I hate that Accra is one of the slowest offices, and yes, there is nothing we can do....other than wait n pray...at the mercy of Accra office...:(
Yeah seems Accra is the slowest Visa office

Reactions: Zikky

PoppetPop

Dec 5, 2019
Yes, application has been approved, Jan 8th. But VFS still claims they don't have the passport yet. Have you collected your passport?
Okay, Congrats!
Not yet. Sent an email to them on Monday and they confirmed it's ready for pick up.
Yours should be ready as well.

kokosakyi

Jan 16, 2020
Hi so how long does it usually take after medicals are done for the AVO before one gets to the next stage. Which i'm guessing is a pre-arrival email or an interview?