+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEW Thread for ACCRA Visa Office - Spousal Sponsorship Stream

Mass L

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
Hi all, has anyone ever heard of someone receiving their COPR within 1-2 months? My husband passed his medical on August 1st. So we are just curious. I see on the CIC website that it takes approximately 3 months. But I have heard from a few people that its normally 1-2 months. Currently on the timeline its showing 4 months remaining. No additional documents required, background check still being processed and no interview required.
Hopefully, but not sure with Accra visa. I got my Pre arrival after 4 months after medical pass.

Reactions: LiLiM

Muhyy90

Sep 16, 2018
Hi all, has anyone ever heard of someone receiving their COPR within 1-2 months? My husband passed his medical on August 1st. So we are just curious. I see on the CIC website that it takes approximately 3 months. But I have heard from a few people that its normally 1-2 months. Currently on the timeline its showing 4 months remaining. No additional documents required, background check still being processed and no interview required.
Cc @Tobi emmanuel You can ask him.

Olybabe

Aug 18, 2019
Please how long does it take to pass medical? My husband had medicals over 1 month now and it's not yet updated on gckey or ECAS, the other day we logged on, it says date to recieve our medicals has elapsed. All attempts to reach Accra visa office has failed...
We contacted hospital and they confirmed that they forwarded medical report since 24th of last month....
Has anyone experienced this pls

Mass L

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
Please how long does it take to pass medical? My husband had medicals over 1 month now and it's not yet updated on gckey or ECAS, the other day we logged on, it says date to recieve our medicals has elapsed. All attempts to reach Accra visa office has failed...
We contacted hospital and they confirmed that they forwarded medical report since 24th of last month....
Has anyone experienced this pls
If you have the medical report from the hospital please forward it ASAP to Accra. Accra told you the date has elapsed because it’s been over 30 days. Maybe you need to check with the hospital again. Because medical usually takes a week or two to show pass or receive

Olybabe

Aug 18, 2019
If you have the medical report from the hospital please forward it ASAP to Accra. Accra told you the date has elapsed because it’s been over 30 days. Maybe you need to check with the hospital again. Because medical usually takes a week or two to show pass or receive
Yet no response. I have called cic here in Canada and they said they can't view my file cos it's abroad.....
I just dunno for Accra

Reactions: Mass L

Mass L

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
Yet no response. I have called cic here in Canada and they said they can't view my file cos it's abroad.....
I just dunno for Accra
Yeah because the file has been forwarded to the visa office. Canada can’t give any information after the application been forward to the visa office. Did you have copy for the medical from the hospital? If you do, try to forward it to Accra through ECAS

Olybabe

Aug 18, 2019
Yeah because the file has been forwarded to the visa office. Canada can’t give any information after the application been forward to the visa office. Did you have copy for the medical from the hospital? If you do, try to forward it to Accra through ECAS
Oh I can do this on ECAS? Let me try...

Reactions: Mass L

Olybabe

Aug 18, 2019
The cic lady I spoke with said I have done all I need to do as a person. She says maybe they are overwhelmed with work.

Mass L

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
I have mailed them, I have sent webform, we have called. Yet no response from Accra
Maybe it their fault. They supposed to email you back after 30 days if they don’t receive your medical to ask you. I’m sure it just their usual delay. Accra they are good at frustrating people. Their wed-site say it will update on Tuesday, maybe it will show on your online account