+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Rules not later than 21 December 2008?

mixibalba

Nov 6, 2008
Guatemala
Hi everyone… it’s my first time in a Forum! Thank you for all the posted info, now I know why I haven’t heard from my attorney. My husband and I are waiting for an Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR), it was sent to the Visa Office on April 25th… so we are in the very beginning of our process. I’m also concern about the changes, I feel that I cannot make future plans… the whole idea of a “list” is driving me crazy… but as Classic pointed out, it’s better to be patient. Thanks again for the support.

rabiasaeed

Nov 4, 2008
Hi. i have completed Masters in Public Administration and Masters in Computer Sciences from Pakistan. currently from September 2008 to til now i am doing Masters in Information Systems in Finland.Ilets i have overall and in each module 7.0 band.
i want to apply for Canada Skilled Immigration. My brother have reputed limited company in Pakistan since 1997. so experience is not a problem, i also have done experience in both field.

Please advice me i can apply now or i should wait for High demand occupation list which i hope will be release in few month.

Regards

Rabia

Jalal1

Star Member
Oct 15, 2008
Why don't we wait until we offcially hear about a new list of 38 occupations? All our discussion about this will go in vain.

sonea

Nov 7, 2008
Canada
App. Filed.......
11-08-2008
AOR Received.
20-aug-2008
IELTS Request
21-03-2011
File Transfer...
20-09-2010
Med's Request
11/11/11
Med's Done....
28/11/11, recieved by VO 12/12/11
Passport Req..
05/Jan/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29th Feb
LANDED..........
2nd July 2012
According to CIC the simplified application was introduced to reduce wait times and also it was said that cic no longer needs to accept all the applictions it rejects those which are not required yet and accepts those with high demand in the labour market and some applications are accepted for future considration... now the point is that ppl applied with this hope that if their application is accepted they will sooner or later get immigration otherwise they'll get the refund of their fee (in case of rejection).... now if some 1's application is accepted by cic it mens he/she could not be rejected (according to simplified application policy) but according to new policy which is yet to be announced, if some 1's occupation dose not meet with the list of 38 occupations he/she whould be directed to PNC and if he also doesn't qualifies for this cattegory.... whats the option left for him/her....? if then he/she gets the refund then what about the policy of simplified application process announced earlier? how can cic change their conditions all the time in my opinion if an application gets acknowlagement it should be finalised otherwise regected on the very 1st stage....

ghiaskhan

Simplified application is the first stage where an application is subjected to an initial assessment. If every thing is found to be ok, you are required to complete various forms for PR. A simplified application does not ask for complete information .But when other forms are completed, CIC officer gets a complete picture about the individual's background,his immidiate and extended family,his qualifications,his experience in life,various movements in different countries,military training and service.etc.

After varifications from vaious sources, CIC makes a final decision.They unertake a detailed check of each applicant to ensure that they allow only those , who are really upto their standards.

The entir process is very long,time consuming and of course agonising for the Candidates. Under the current geo political situation they have to veedout elements of terrorism.

Classic

Aug 1, 2008
Dear ZaidKhalid, please can you tell me the basis of your reading, how you think that these professions may be near to your calculation. If I am not wrong your point of basis may be some press release and media report by ex Immigration minister.

ghiaskhan

The site is for attracting clients only. It is not an official information for canadian immigration. I donot feel information to be a reliable piece of work. It is more of a business advertisement than information.

Do you believe the following to be true......?

Immigration to Canada made EASIER & FASTER!Find out how.
Attend our Seminars.

Pampanga
Oasis Hotel, Angles City
Nov 16, 2008, Sunday 2pm-5pm
Reg Fee: P500 (single)| P 700 (married)

Click here for November 2008 SCHEDULE

For more information/reservation, you may contact Mr. Apol Apuntar at 0928 500-8826 or email me at aapuntar@go2canada.com

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ghiaskhan said:
The site is for attracting clients only. It is not an official information for canadian immigration. I donot feel information to be a reliable piece of work. It is more of a business advertisement than information.

Do you believe the following to be true......?

Immigration to Canada made EASIER & FASTER!Find out how.
Attend our Seminars.

Pampanga
Oasis Hotel, Angles City
Nov 16, 2008, Sunday 2pm-5pm
Reg Fee: P500 (single)| P 700 (married)

Click here for November 2008 SCHEDULE

For more information/reservation, you may contact Mr. Apol Apuntar at 0928 500-8826 or email me at aapuntar@go2canada.com
Why are you advertising this agency? Do you have any affiliation with them?

Best place to get concrete information on Canada immigration is the official immigration website. When the new rules are posted, you can read about it at the official Canada immigration website here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/index.asp

Salman2007

Star Member
Oct 27, 2008
Classic said:
I think that all those candidates whose occupation is not in coming specified list, their applications will not be returned, but will be asked for to wait for 6-8 months, as demand of occupation change from time to time.
Yes on yearly basis they modify the list of professions as per their need but the applicants whose professions are not in this list will be asked for to get refund or apply through provincial nominee. However these applicants will still be remained on the luck.

God bless All.

zaidkhalid

Oct 29, 2008
I am not advertising anything just that what I found through my search. and as I said earlier it may be not accurate .

Classic

Aug 1, 2008
Yes, Zaidkhalid is right, there are also several other sites with same list and claim such professions are under new rules to attract the clients.

so_simple

Sep 27, 2008
Taken from Russian forum:

Guys, today I've attended a lecture with Canadian Immigration lawyers in Vancouver. It was about a Federal Skilled worker and the impact of the Bill C-50.
I'll try to share the information I got..
The Bill C-50 has a major impact on the immigration system for Skilled workers. C-50 removes the guarantee that an applicant, meeting the requirements and passing a selection grid will get a Permanent residence ever.
The Minister's instructions will be posted in the time period from November 18th-to December 18th. Also there will be posted a "Priority occupation list".Bill C-50 comtrolls the application intake as the Minister is given the power to decide which applications will be processed (as there is a possibility that your application will be returned to you even if you get a passmark 67 points or the application will be retained or disposed).
So, all the applications will be selected on those:
#with Arranged employment
#with a profession under the "Priority occupation list"
#others (those others can be not accepted at all or returned back).

It will affect the applications that are already submitted (in backlog). On the present moment lawyers suggest that it is better to withdraw your initial application if you can get the Arranged employment (AEO) or if you realize that you have a work experience in those "priority" occupations. And then REAPPLY. (Then your application will have a priority and as they promise it can be proceeded from 6-12 months).

There can be other requirements that will be known from the Minister's instructions.
BUT Bill C-50 does not apply to foreign nationals in Canada (Skilled workers, Students, Visitors). That's why lawyers say that now a person has to get to Canada by any legal means (for example, if he has a Job offer on a Work permit) and apply from Canada. The Bill will not affect that person.

Classic

Aug 1, 2008
The Minister's instructions will be posted in the time period from November 18th-to December 18th.
As per so-simple, so countdown will start on Tuesday 18.11.2008, good news.