+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New rules for students and immigrants may allow international students to travel

Harshit20

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
“•international students, starting October 20, 2020, if they will be attending a designated learning institution that has been identified by their provincial or territorial government as having a COVID‑19 readiness plan in place”

Darshak7

Jan 19, 2019
I am currently in Montreal and plan to travel to India for 2 months and return by January. Will I be allowed to return? I have a study permit since 2019

Darshak7

Jan 19, 2019
I just want to know if I can travel back to Canada if my university name appears on the dli approved list. I am already a student and enrolled .

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes I am in Concordia university since last year and currently in 4 th semester in montreal
Would be much safer to remain in Canada especially with covid rates in India. Nobody can ensure Whqt will happen due to covid in the future. Currently you can return if healthy.

Reactions: anonworker

FlowerBlossom

Star Member
Sep 29, 2020
“•international students, starting October 20, 2020, if they will be attending a designated learning institution that has been identified by their provincial or territorial government as having a COVID‑19 readiness plan in place”
What does COVID-19 readiness plan means?

Bbngeorge

Star Member
May 20, 2020
Only students who haven't gone (visa before March 18) and students (non SDS applied before April) got the passport stamped, I mean visa. I got my passport request on May 19 and my friend ( non SDS) applied on March got his visa stamped on August that is 3 months later than me is going to get benefit...and students like me will be sitting in home... Ridiculous..

Sep 15, 2020
Only students who haven't gone (visa before March 18) and students (non SDS applied before April) got the passport stamped, I mean visa. I got my passport request on May 19 and my friend ( non SDS) applied on March got his visa stamped on August that is 3 months later than me is going to get benefit...and students like me will be sitting in home... Ridiculous..
Sorry I didn’t really understand what you mean. Why you can’t go if you get passport request? Are you not able to stamp you visa because VACs are closed?

Bbngeorge

Star Member
May 20, 2020
Sorry I didn’t really understand what you mean. Why you can’t go if you get passport request? Are you not able to stamp you visa because VACs are closed?
Hiii, vac across my country is closed from March. So I am not able to get passport stamped. Iam waiting since May when I got my passport request. But students who were non-sds applied on March got their final approval in August and they may go in this October while students who got passport request will b sitting in home.

Sep 15, 2020
Hiii, vac across my country is closed from March. So I am not able to get passport stamped. Iam waiting since May when I got my passport request. But students who were non-sds applied on March got their final approval in August and they may go in this October while students who got passport request will b sitting in home.
Ok ya this is just my assumption and I’m not sure about practicality. Maybe you can mail your passport to VAC in other countries and get stamped there

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Ok ya this is just my assumption and I’m not sure about practicality. Maybe you can mail your passport to VAC in other countries and get stamped there
No you can’t unless you are given permission or are in another country.