+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Public Policy - April 14, 2021

Ang14

Star Member
Jan 15, 2021
I have an open work permit which is not a post graduate work permit. I do have a full time job and got my bachelors degree done in 2019. My pgwp was denied due me being a part time student for 2 semesters. Do you think im eligible for international student graduate category announced on 14th april
Thanks

GV27

Star Member
Mar 24, 2021
Are you an international student/graduate? If yes, I don't think you need to have worked for 1 year, it just states that you have to be currently employed.
Hi,
(This is for my friend) Can you please tell, currently employed means does it have to be full time employment or part-time? As she will be graduating this month, and she will apply for work permit in May when she get the transcripts, till then she can only work part-time.

Mel2021

Mar 2, 2021
Toronto
Any idea on how we'll be supposed to show IELTS proficiency? Upload our test report? Use our test report #?
The results report needs to be scanned and uploaded as a pdf document.

For new pathway, there is a new notice from Ottowa today:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/trpr-language-testing.html

It says
"As part of the application, IRCC will accept language test results received by applicants through email or from the testing organization’s online portal."

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016
Hi,
(This is for my friend) Can you please tell, currently employed means does it have to be full time employment or part-time? As she will be graduating this month, and she will apply for work permit in May when she get the transcripts, till then she can only work part-time.
The policy does not state the status of the employment - whether full time or part time, it just states "currently employed," so in my opinion, if she meets other requirements, then she can proceed. These are some of them:

- graduated from a DLI post secondary institution
- currently employed. I want to believe this is applicable to people who are currently working on a PGWP or open work permit (someone else can confirm). The policy states "Be employed in Canada with a valid permit or authorization to work"
-
also, does she have her IELTS/CELPIP test result?

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016
I have an open work permit which is not a post graduate work permit. I do have a full time job and got my bachelors degree done in 2019. My pgwp was denied due me being a part time student for 2 semesters. Do you think im eligible for international student graduate category announced on 14th april
Thanks
Yes you should be because you are currently employed on a valid work permit and you recently graduated from a Canadian university. The policy doesn't specify PGWP

Reactions: Ang14

stefi2020

Nov 23, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Aor October 10th 2020
Doc's Request.
Rcmp
AOR Received.
October 10th 2020
Med's Request
November 20th 2020
Hi,

So can we apply even if we do have an EE profile in progress (for months?) I havent found the answer to this yet? Thanks

MK12

Oct 16, 2019
I have two 1 year certificates. Do i meet the education requirement or does it have it to be a continuous 2 year program?

TIA

Ang14

Star Member
Jan 15, 2021
Yes you should be because you are currently employed on a valid work permit and you recently graduated from a Canadian university. The policy doesn't specify PGWP
Thank you that helps. Hopefully they dont add such condition. Have they released information about how to apply and documents checklist? I tried looking for it but had no luck finding.

GV27

Star Member
Mar 24, 2021
The policy does not state the status of the employment - whether full time or part time, it just states "currently employed," so in my opinion, if she meets other requirements, then she can proceed. These are some of them:

- graduated from a DLI post secondary institution
- currently employed. I want to believe this is applicable to people who are currently working on a PGWP or open work permit (someone else can confirm). The policy states "Be employed in Canada with a valid permit or authorization to work"
-
also, does she have her IELTS/CELPIP test result?
Hey, thanks for your reply.
Yes, she has her IELTS score.

t6e4m8

Star Member
Aug 3, 2019
Alberta, Canada
Hello, and thanks for sharing. What work-related documents do you think will be required to show proof of being employed for post-graduate stream? Is it gonna be similar to CEC's documents such as Pay stub? Employer Reference letter? Job offer letter? Etc...