+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Public Policy - April 14, 2021

bobalos

Nov 20, 2020
I am just wondering if CEC Express Entry Applicant who submitted their application and received ITA and AOR, can apply for this plan as well?

I doubt if I could pass the eligibility part of the NOC of my job for CEC by the immigration officer, so I just wondering if I could apply the new one while waiting my CEC application?
Hi I have same question

trymybest

Feb 11, 2020
Are you an international student/graduate? If yes, I don't think you need to have worked for 1 year, it just states that you have to be currently employed.
Yes, I graduated and received my bachelor in 2019. my brother is on the other hand, is currently unemployed. If tomorrow he gets a job in one of the eligible occupations under stream C. does that mean he will be eligible under the program? he received his bachelor in 2018.

Reactions: Micheal737373

Justmeee

Star Member
Mar 4, 2021
For international students category, do u need to be employed on the day u apply. Having a job offer can be used to apply?

Also if u are on study work - co-op program and have a valid work permit - can you apply before starting a job. My nephew will graduate in mid May and is on a co-op pgm and has a work permit till July. He also has a job offer to start work in July. Can he apply in like May.? Anybody knows ?

All students are now trying to write IELTS as that is a requirement and all dates in most IELTS centers across Canada has been booked out !!

Justmeee

Star Member
Mar 4, 2021
You must have graduated and be currently employed as for the date your application is received
Thanks.

Any guess how fast the 40,000 applications will be filled up.

Basically we are looking at students who have like less than 1 year experience (If not most would have been picked up in the CRS 75 draw), or have about 1 year experience and have not submitted their profile in the EE yet. Or a group of students working but not able to get enough CRS points to be picked up in past CECs.

Any guesses how many such students may be waiting to apply ??

Also is it 40,000 applications or 40,000 valid applications (with all documents correct, etc) that translate to 40,000 PRs granted.

trymybest

Feb 11, 2020
Thanks.

Basically we are looking at students who have like less than 1 year experience (If not most would have been picked up in the CRS 75 draw), or have about 1 year experience and have not submitted their profile in the EE yet. Or a group of students working but not able to get enough CRS points to be picked up in past CECs.

Also is it 40,000 applications or 40,000 valid applications (with all documents correct, etc) that translate to 40,000 PRs granted.
where does it says people who are in EE pool aren't eligible under this new program?

trymybest

Feb 11, 2020
Thanks.

that should answer your question LMAO

Justmeee

Star Member
Mar 4, 2021
If it's based in complete applications, that means IELTS and police certificates must be ready on May 6th. I doubt 40k people will have that ready by then, especially IELTS
The language requirement is part of the application requirement - based on the public policy :

e. Have attained a level of proficiency of at least benchmark 5 in either official language for each of the four language skill areas, as set out in the Canadian Language Benchmarks or the Niveaux de compétence linguistique canadiens. This must be demonstrated by the results of an evaluation by an organization or institution designated by the Minister for the purpose of evaluating language proficiency under subsection 74(3) of the Regulations; and the evaluation must be less than two (2) years old when the permanent residence application is received;

That is why all rushing to book and write IELTS.

The Police certificates may come later I think.

karimatoui132

Star Member
Oct 27, 2018
The language requirement is part of the application requirement - based on the public policy :

e. Have attained a level of proficiency of at least benchmark 5 in either official language for each of the four language skill areas, as set out in the Canadian Language Benchmarks or the Niveaux de compétence linguistique canadiens. This must be demonstrated by the results of an evaluation by an organization or institution designated by the Minister for the purpose of evaluating language proficiency under subsection 74(3) of the Regulations; and the evaluation must be less than two (2) years old when the permanent residence application is received;

That is why all rushing to book and write IELTS.

The Police certificates may come later I think.
exactly, IELTS is mentioned as a requirement so I guess it should be provide with the application. However, police certificate and medical exam come at a later stage.

Imranhumayun

May 7, 2018
Canada
Visa Office......
Lahore
App. Filed.......
27-06-2018
how to apply for public policy application?? Will it be under IRCC account?? Where we login through GC. Key!!!! ???

John080490

Jan 23, 2019
Good day guys! Hope all is well. Just want to ask for your insights. Under the international graduates stream, one requirement stated in the policy is one has to be employed. And the the employment should meet the definition of work under the subsection 73(2) of the Regulations which only stated that “work means an activity for which wages are paid or commission is earned.” It does not specify if it is full time or part time. So I believe that part time is still acceptable. What do you think guys?

karimatoui132

Star Member
Oct 27, 2018
Good day guys! Hope all is well. Just want to ask for your insights. Under the international graduates stream, one requirement stated in the policy is one has to be employed. And the the employment should meet the definition of work under the subsection 73(2) of the Regulations which only stated that “work means an activity for which wages are paid or commission is earned.” It does not specify if it is full time or part time. So I believe that part time is still acceptable. What do you think guys?
I don't think part time work is included.