+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Processing procedures for successful appeals

Jill Peda

Dec 29, 2017
Hello,

Does anybody have a timeline afthey they won their appeal ? I know this thread wa sa couple years back but i was hoping if anybody can share their feeback on their expetience. Thank you.

gurbeer

Mar 11, 2019
hiii
i won my spouse appeal on dec13 2018
got letter of appeal allowed on dec14 2018
but still waiting for medical and pcc email...can anybody plz help me to know how long it takes to get that medical request??

Sep 16, 2019
Hi everyone, my name is Danyaal and I got married back in 2013. It was a proxy marriage and my and my wife were fairly young when we got married. I was 19 and she was 17. My wife is from Islamabad Pakistan while I was born in Canada. I have profound hearing loss and I have a cochlear implant in my left ear since I was 3. I know ASL and I can also read lips. In the beginning my wife and I had some communicating issues and that was the major reason for her first visa rejection in 2015. Then I went back home with my entire family, pulling our my sister and my brother from Universities to do my marriage ceremony called "Rukhsati" in Pakistan. It cost me and my family over $15000 as we were 6 people and we did the entire marriage ceremony again with my wife inviting over 200 people in 2017. After I came back I went back to work full time and my wife went back to university to finish her masters. Her interview date came in February 2019, after I came back from seeing her and spending a month with her we became very close and everything changed. We were chatting more on whatsapp, we were doing more video calls and we became very close. After her interview date came for the second time in 2019, me and my father went back to Pakistan again. I wanted to be with her for moral support and to be honest I wanted to see her again. We both went to the interview along with my father and my sister who is a year younger then me. The officer came our to call my wife he saw me and my sister, and he asked my sister who are you? She said I am his sister and I just want to make sure my brother has an ASL interpreter. He looked annoyed by that and told my sister "No your brother will be fine". By law a deaf and hard of hearing person has a right to have an interpreter when he or she goes for an appointment, interview or for whatever reasons. My right to have interpreter was rejected! Why would the officer call me inside in a separate room knowing that I don't have an interpreter, he separated me and my wife both in separate rooms and then he also manipulated me by asking me questions like what was the color of our hotel room at the time of our marriage ceremony in Pakistan back in 2017?!! I couldn't remember that! He then asked my wife where did she stay the night before and what was the color of her bed spread? Then he mixed the two answers together and wrote in his report that our answers did not match!! Any how once again my wife's visa got rejected again. I applied for appeal in March 2019 and my appeal has been granted. I have to appear for my appeal on October 9th 2019.

The officer thinks our marriage is not genuine and that I have been manipulated by my parents and that they forced me to marry my wife because they read our whatsapp messages and I said something like " My parents are gonna kill me if we don't talk to eachother" The explanation for this is this is how I talk. After we got married like I have mentioned earlier we did not talk much. People kept bugging my parents if we don't talk, Immigration will give us a lot of problems and they need proof, etc. That's why I wrote to her those words, as we really did'nt talk much untill in 2017 I met her personally and we became very close. Our new whatsapp messages are very intimate and full of love and passion.

My question to all my friends on this forum is what to expect in this appeal? I have the best lawyer in this town, and I am spending a lot of money on this case to be with my wife. So please, can someone tell me what is going to happen at this appeal. I am very nervous and stressing out about this appeal. Thank you!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi everyone, my name is Danyaal and I got married back in 2013. It was a proxy marriage and my and my wife were fairly young when we got married. I was 19 and she was 17. My wife is from Islamabad Pakistan while I was born in Canada. I have profound hearing loss and I have a cochlear implant in my left ear since I was 3. I know ASL and I can also read lips. In the beginning my wife and I had some communicating issues and that was the major reason for her first visa rejection in 2015. Then I went back home with my entire family, pulling our my sister and my brother from Universities to do my marriage ceremony called "Rukhsati" in Pakistan. It cost me and my family over $15000 as we were 6 people and we did the entire marriage ceremony again with my wife inviting over 200 people in 2017. After I came back I went back to work full time and my wife went back to university to finish her masters. Her interview date came in February 2019, after I came back from seeing her and spending a month with her we became very close and everything changed. We were chatting more on whatsapp, we were doing more video calls and we became very close. After her interview date came for the second time in 2019, me and my father went back to Pakistan again. I wanted to be with her for moral support and to be honest I wanted to see her again. We both went to the interview along with my father and my sister who is a year younger then me. The officer came our to call my wife he saw me and my sister, and he asked my sister who are you? She said I am his sister and I just want to make sure my brother has an ASL interpreter. He looked annoyed by that and told my sister "No your brother will be fine". By law a deaf and hard of hearing person has a right to have an interpreter when he or she goes for an appointment, interview or for whatever reasons. My right to have interpreter was rejected! Why would the officer call me inside in a separate room knowing that I don't have an interpreter, he separated me and my wife both in separate rooms and then he also manipulated me by asking me questions like what was the color of our hotel room at the time of our marriage ceremony in Pakistan back in 2017?!! I couldn't remember that! He then asked my wife where did she stay the night before and what was the color of her bed spread? Then he mixed the two answers together and wrote in his report that our answers did not match!! Any how once again my wife's visa got rejected again. I applied for appeal in March 2019 and my appeal has been granted. I have to appear for my appeal on October 9th 2019.

The officer thinks our marriage is not genuine and that I have been manipulated by my parents and that they forced me to marry my wife because they read our whatsapp messages and I said something like " My parents are gonna kill me if we don't talk to eachother" The explanation for this is this is how I talk. After we got married like I have mentioned earlier we did not talk much. People kept bugging my parents if we don't talk, Immigration will give us a lot of problems and they need proof, etc. That's why I wrote to her those words, as we really did'nt talk much untill in 2017 I met her personally and we became very close. Our new whatsapp messages are very intimate and full of love and passion.

My question to all my friends on this forum is what to expect in this appeal? I have the best lawyer in this town, and I am spending a lot of money on this case to be with my wife. So please, can someone tell me what is going to happen at this appeal. I am very nervous and stressing out about this appeal. Thank you!
You should post in the main appeals thread.

No one can tell you what will happen. You have huge red flags. If you were married in 2013 and refused in 2015, why did you not even bother to actually meet her in person until 2017? Why did you not communicate before then? Your claim that "this is how I talk" in regards to essentially being forced into talking to your spouse is ridiculous. It looks exactly like it sounds, that you started communicating with her only for the purposes of making an immigration app more believable.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

I would recommend you join the discussions in the appeals thread:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/all-spouse-appeal-cases-come-here-and-join-us-plz.87619/page-999

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would also arrange for an interpreter that is not a family member although it does seems like you were able to communicate. Not sure how much hearing you have with your cochlear implant. You have to focus less on the lawyer and focus more on communicating with your wife and returning to visit her in person. It sounds like you have only met a few times and 2 visits were the marriage and an immigration interview. Both times most of your family accompanied you. Your lack of communication for the first 4 years of your marriage is going to be something you will need to work to overcome. Had it not been for your parents it sounds like you would never have started communicating. Would be prepared for a long process.

Sep 16, 2019
My entire family has been here in Canada since the 70's and proxy and arranged marriages are very common in our family. My own parents got married over the phone again an arranged marriage, and they are happily married for 26 years now.

My marriage is also an arranged one and believe me when I say this no one can make me do anything ever since I was a kid and marriage is a big step and I will not allow even my parents to have made me said yes to this marriage. We, people with disability are very protective of our privacy even our things for that matter. I am an extremely private person and don't trust people that easily. I spoke to her on Skype as I can read lips and my implant somewhat helps me with the conversations,liked her a lot. A lot of alphabets however sounds the same to me therefore ASL interpreter helps with the missing sounds. My parents asked me once if I was interested, they waited a year till I said yes. I accepted my wife on my own. The only thing I could not understand, which was after the marriage was how to talk to my wife as I was nervous and hesitant and did not know if she will understand me. I was taking it very easy that we will manage when she comes here. Less did I know that it would take 6 years and cost me and my family a lot of money. My parents only bugged me to talk to her so we can get to know each other and it is also one of the requirements they need as proof of genuine marriage. When 2 people says yes to the marriage there is no such thing as fake or the marriage is not genuine specially in my religion. My entire family accompanied me because I only speak English or ASL. I would be lost if I tried going there by myself as I don't speak their language and no one over there would be able to talk to me accept my family in Pakistan and now my wife. I opened up on this forum to share my feelings and trusted people on this forum to understand the situation I am in and not call me ridiculous and point out red flags. We have already been through that twice at the interview.

I met my wife for the first time when I was 10, I went to attend a wedding. So she is not a complete stranger to me. After meeting my wife twice after our marriage we both fell in love and now I can't imagine my life without her. We were both 19 and 17 years old when we signed papers and no one forced us to do that. We married each other because we are 2 innocent, naive and genuine people. All I ask you to guide me through this appeal.