+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Processing procedures for successful appeals

saima13

Jun 21, 2012
It was in Toronto. Its scheduled for full hearing but they wrapped it up in 30 minutes and asked the lawyer to provide some evidence re our marriage. It was an issue of legality of marriage. We submitted the docs and the consel consented to it.
Where was yours?

inlimbo

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-2009
File Transfer...
18-06-2009
Interview........
02-06-10
Vancouver. I'm aching to know where our process is at.

saima13

Jun 21, 2012
inlimbo, I found the following information from a lawyer's website, they posted the reply form cic regarding appeal processing. Hope this will be helpful to you. If you cant view it let me know and I will copy paste it for you.

http://www.bellissimolawgroup.com/2012/03/processing-of-successful-appeal-cases.html

Do you know if they do background check after the remedical or before. Is remedical the last step and close to PPR? please let me know if you have any info.

Reactions: Alicee

inlimbo

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-2009
File Transfer...
18-06-2009
Interview........
02-06-10
saima13 said:
inlimbo, I found the following information from a lawyer's website, they posted the reply form cic regarding appeal processing. Hope this will be helpful to you. If you cant view it let me know and I will copy paste it for you.

http://www.bellissimolawgroup.com/2012/03/processing-of-successful-appeal-cases.html

Do you know if they do background check after the remedical or before. Is remedical the last step and close to PPR? please let me know if you have any info.
I like what the last paragraph of this link says. I think it sounds reasonable. However, nothing 'reasonable' has happened to me in my experience with CIC. This actually relates to the most recent rant I've been on...

I actually sent a case specific inquiry last week and got a response. Accra is waiting for our file from the IAD. I don't understand why this is. I thought the GCMS was supposed to make processing more efficient. I thought it was electronic, given the name. But what is Accra waiting for? I don't get it.

I'm sorry, I don't know which comes first, background check or remedical. My own case seems more bizarre as the time goes by. I wish I knew the answer to your question.

Julieana

Nov 8, 2011
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Appeal Case.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
PP submitted on 10.11.14
Does anybody here, knows about the documents to send after winning the Appeal?

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
you will need a police certificate and medical.

they will contact you.

Its not a matter of 'if' but 'when'

Reactions: Alicee

Julieana

Nov 8, 2011
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Appeal Case.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
PP submitted on 10.11.14
Thanks gsize...
Can you also tell me about the processing time for successful appeals? As when should we expect MR?
What is the actual procedure? How long it takes to get Visa??
Regards.

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
it depends on who or what you believe. What they say and reality are very different (at least in my cases)

Count on a good year. They told me, 6 -9 months. I won my appeal in August 2012. The file was sent to Mexico (original vo post) It was supposed to go to Ottawa. As of Feb, it is in Ottawa (unless they are lying once again) The timeline says up to 13 months. However, successfull appeals are supposed to move faster.....we will see about that !

I highly recommend you attempt to locate where you file is.

Hope it helps ;D

Julieana

Nov 8, 2011
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Appeal Case.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
PP submitted on 10.11.14
gsize said:
it depends on who or what you believe. What they say and reality are very different (at least in my cases)

Count on a good year. They told me, 6 -9 months. I won my appeal in August 2012. The file was sent to Mexico (original vo post) It was supposed to go to Ottawa. As of Feb, it is in Ottawa (unless they are lying once again) The timeline says up to 13 months. However, successfull appeals are supposed to move faster.....we will see about that !

I highly recommend you attempt to locate where you file is.

Hope it helps ;D
Yes, thanks, it is helpful...
Can you please tell me the way to locate the file?
thanks again in advance.

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
Julieana said:
Yes, thanks, it is helpful...
Can you please tell me the way to locate the file?
thanks again in advance.
you can order your notes. They are called GCMS (Global case management system) Also, If you or your spouse is in Canada, he/she can go to MP office (member of Parliament) Sometimes they help !

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/latest-caips-gcms-notes-forms-and-how-to-order-t99210.0.html

I see you just recently won your appeal.......congratulations !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Julieana

Nov 8, 2011
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Appeal Case.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
PP submitted on 10.11.14
gsize said:
you can order your notes. They are called GCMS (Global case management system) Also, If you or your spouse is in Canada, he/she can go to MP office (member of Parliament) Sometimes they help !

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/latest-caips-gcms-notes-forms-and-how-to-order-t99210.0.html

I see you just recently won your appeal.......congratulations !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thanks again, I dont understand why your file had taken so much time to reach the destination?
Our Lawyer said the CIC officer can send MR anytime either in a month or 6... We applied in Skilled worker catagory, Do you think the appeal cases are not on their priority?

damodar

Star Member
Jul 10, 2013
Julieana said:
thanks again, I dont understand why your file had taken so much time to reach the destination?
Our Lawyer said the CIC officer can send MR anytime either in a month or 6... We applied in Skilled worker catagory, Do you think the appeal cases are not on their priority?
hi julieana
how are you
did u get any response regarding ppr or medical
I won appeal on 8th july
how long it take from here on
I hae alrrady submit medical and landing fess

damodar

Star Member
Jul 10, 2013
CharlieD10 said:
No. It means that the processing of SOME cases AFTER appeals have been allowed should take less time.
hi their
I won appeal , how long it take in my case
I have already submit medical and landing fees and all kind of pcc
my case got refuge at last stage
so now how long it take more

RUPI

Aug 10, 2013
robyng65 said:
Well for full appeal I provided 2133 pages of documentation of genuine marriage, everything absolutely that they ask for proofs. I used the immigration officers operations manual which had a check list of what documents they needed to show genuine marriage and we provided everything on the list except joint bank accounts which I refused anyway. Sorry I am somewhat liberal. This in fact is the reason we won at full appeal and again at the Federal court level. Because we do have the documents and we do have a genuine marriage absolutely and without a doubt. I am seeing on other forums of women in 60's married to men of 20's or 30's getting their visas for spouses. Men of course in their senior years also getting married to 20's, 30's women and succeeding, not being told their marriage is not genuine. It is a fact I am older in number of years from my husband of just 12 years. But if anyone saw our pics they will say we are same age. Is this the only reason the immigration officer will think we are non genuine? I am Canadian and he is Pakistani, although it is not normal in this culture, but it does happen and marriages do work from interracial marriages, Canada a country where you find interracial marriage acceptable. So I am still fully confused as to why they would be suspect of a non genuine marriage. I have all the proof of genuine and have sent a further 200 pages of documents, phone bills from the last two years since refusal and daily chat records for the last two years. Of course we have not relaxed our contact, as a fact we have grown stronger and more in love. I just want this process finished, we deserve a happiness after knowing each other for 6 years.
hi robyng can you let me know whats happening with your file.

Julieana

Nov 8, 2011
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Appeal Case.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
PP submitted on 10.11.14
damodar said:
hi julieana
how are you
did u get any response regarding ppr or medical
I won appeal on 8th july
how long it take from here on
I hae alrrady submit medical and landing fess
I won Appeal on 11th Feb 2013..
Got doc req in Mar and we sent in Apr.
Now waiting.. n waiting .... n ...for MR..