+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEW PR

M.ali.khalf

Sep 18, 2016
Hello guys
I landed a month ago and applied for the new PR
I know that issuing a new card takes around 45 days but till the moment when I try to access to see my application status,it is unable to find it.
I expected to see like received or in process
Is that normal after 30 days?
Thanks

KNinja

Star Member
Sep 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2015
Doc's Request.
OINP Nomination 09-02-2016 EAPR- 04-04-2016 Additonal Doc Request- 05-04-2016 Schedule 4 Submitted- 06-04-2016 Medical Passed- 06-04-2016
Nomination.....
09-02-2016
AOR Received.
04-04-2016
Passport Req..
21-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2016
M.ali.khalf said:
Hello guys
I know that issuing a new card takes around 45 days but till the moment when I try to access to see my application status,it is unable to find it.
Thanks
re
Hii
Could u please share your landing experience like how the process went and what all docs were seen and question were asked when u first landed at the canadian airport. Kindly share your experinece and let me know what all is required before landing in Canada as a PR.

Thanx in advance

M.ali.khalf

Sep 18, 2016
KNinja said:
re
Hii
Could u please share your landing experience like how the process went and what all docs were seen and question were asked when u first landed at the canadian airport. Kindly share your experinece and let me know what all is required before landing in Canada as a PR.

Thanx in advance
Hello dear
The process is simple
You just land with your and your family's passports which have the visa on.
Go with the lanes to the immigration officer to stamp it and tell him that you are new immigrant came for landing.
He will lead you to another immigration office where he will ask your for your passport and your COPR.
He will ask you few questions like do you have criminal records? Regugee? And then he will ask you to provide him with ur address in Canada to send your PR.
After done with him, he will pass you to the next counter where they will see your passports and print you the sciual insurance number.
Finally you will go the customs and you give him the accomoanying goods form and goods to follow form. He will review and stamp them and tell you "Go bro"

KNinja

Star Member
Sep 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2015
Doc's Request.
OINP Nomination 09-02-2016 EAPR- 04-04-2016 Additonal Doc Request- 05-04-2016 Schedule 4 Submitted- 06-04-2016 Medical Passed- 06-04-2016
Nomination.....
09-02-2016
AOR Received.
04-04-2016
Passport Req..
21-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2016
M.ali.khalf said:
Hello dear
The process is simple
You just land with your and your family's passports which have the visa on.
Go with the lanes to the immigration officer to stamp it and tell him that you are new immigrant came for landing.
He will lead you to another immigration office where he will ask your for your passport and your COPR.
He will ask you few questions like do you have criminal records? Regugee? And then he will ask you to provide him with ur address in Canada to send your PR.
After done with him, he will pass you to the next counter where they will see your passports and print you the sciual insurance number.
Finally you will go the customs and you give him the accomoanying goods form and goods to follow form. He will review and stamp them and tell you "Go bro"
Appreciate your quick response bro. What i have understood from your reply is that the only docs which are seen after landing is you Passport with visa and COPR thats it. Stamp will be affixed on which doc?
Do we have to paste photo on both the copies of copr as when i got my copr my photo was affixed on one copy and the other copy had just my loose photo with it which visa office didnt paste on the copr?
You have mentioned that i'll have to declare my goods at the customs....am i supposed to fill some form for that and do i also have to prepare a list of all the good i'll b carrying in my luggage?
I am a single applicant and i am carrying all the funds that i declared as per cic requirement, i am carrying my funds in cad currency as well as Travellers cheque and i have not opened any canadian bank account...do i need to open one?...and should i carry my Indian Bank account statement along?

Plz clarify

Thanx in advance

M.ali.khalf

Sep 18, 2016
KNinja said:
Appreciate your quick response bro. What i have understood from your reply is that the only docs which are seen after landing is you Passport with visa and COPR thats it. Stamp will be affixed on which doc?
Do we have to paste photo on both the copies of copr as when i got my copr my photo was affixed on one copy and the other copy had just my loose photo with it which visa office didnt paste on the copr?
You have mentioned that i'll have to declare my goods at the customs....am i supposed to fill some form for that and do i also have to prepare a list of all the good i'll b carrying in my luggage?
I am a single applicant and i am carrying all the funds that i declared as per cic requirement, i am carrying my funds in cad currency as well as Travellers cheque and i have not opened any canadian bank account...do i need to open one?...and should i carry my Indian Bank account statement along?

Plz clarify

Thanx in advance
Hi
Stamp will be on your passport"entrance stamp"
No need to put any photos on the copr
There are forms for goods accompanying and goods to follow
Cash should not exceed 10,000 CAD $ at the airport
Better of course if you could open an account

reslanw

Jun 24, 2015
M.ali.khalf said:
Hello guys
Thanks
Hi
Landed May 23rd and still no PR card yet. Nothing through mail or email or ECAS, was wondering if there is any way to track the progress for first time PR card.
I also raised a case specific inquiry but not response yet.
I've been following some posts on this forum and some people got their cards after 1 month and some are still in the same boat as us, waiting without any clue.

COPRQuestion

Aug 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-16
Doc's Request.
10-06-16
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
12-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-16
LANDED..........
12-09-16
M.ali.khalf said:
Hi
Stamp will be on your passport"entrance stamp"
No need to put any photos on the copr
There are forms for goods accompanying and goods to follow
Cash should not exceed 10,000 CAD $ at the airport
Better of course if you could open an account
Just an FYI you can take more than CAD 10,000 in cash but make sure you declare it on the customs declaration they give you on the plane. If you don't it may cause some problems as they will think you're hiding something.

Just declare it and all is good

shsiddiki

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-Dec-2014
Doc's Request.
with application
Nomination.....
with application
AOR Received.
5-Mar-2015 (PER)
IELTS Request
with application
Med's Request
1-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
Jul-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
1-Oct-2015 , Passport submitted on 20th Oct
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Oct, 2015
LANDED..........
Landed June 2016 :)
Guys, I landed in Canada on 8th June and fill all required docs and fly out from Canada on 11th july, my Son PR card was delivered at my Canadian address where mine, my wife and daughter they send letter to send pics as per specs, I sent new pics which were delivered to case processing officer on 7th September since then I am waiting , can anyone tell me how much more time should I expect for PR card delivery?

thanks

Andynd1uk

Star Member
Jan 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2016
AOR Received.
01-06-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10-03-2016
Passport Req..
29-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2016
LANDED..........
10-09-2016
reslanw said:
Hi
Landed May 23rd and still no PR card yet. Nothing through mail or email or ECAS, was wondering if there is any way to track the progress for first time PR card.
I also raised a case specific inquiry but not response yet.
I've been following some posts on this forum and some people got their cards after 1 month and some are still in the same boat as us, waiting without any clue.
If you haven't received any email asking for new photographs or any other information just assume that your PR card is in the process of being sent to you. The 45 or so days waiting time CIC say it takes for your card to come is just a minimum, it may take longer, in some cases it arrives in a matter of weeks.

KNinja

Star Member
Sep 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
09-02-2016
AOR Received.
04-04-2016
Passport Req..
21-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2016
COPRQuestion said:
Just an FYI you can take more than CAD 10,000 in cash but make sure you declare it on the customs declaration they give you on the plane. If you don't it may cause some problems as they will think you're hiding something.

Just declare it and all is good
Thanx for your response.
I was planning to carry 3000 cad as cash and the rest of the amt in the form of a Traveller Cheque. Is it fine?...i was planning to open Nova Scotia Bank Act from India but couldnt do that as i dont have any Canadian Address to fill in the Act opening form. You have mentioned that we need to fill custom declaration form on the plabe...what is it??..and do i need to craete a list of all the things i"ll b carrying with me to Canada to furnish the same to Custom Authorities?
Plz Guide

COPRQuestion

Aug 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-16
Doc's Request.
10-06-16
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
12-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-16
LANDED..........
12-09-16
KNinja said:
Thanx for your response.
I was planning to carry 3000 cad as cash and the rest of the amt in the form of a Traveller Cheque. Is it fine?...i was planning to open Nova Scotia Bank Act from India but couldnt do that as i dont have any Canadian Address to fill in the Act opening form. You have mentioned that we need to fill custom declaration form on the plabe...what is it??..and do i need to craete a list of all the things i"ll b carrying with me to Canada to furnish the same to Custom Authorities?
Plz Guide
I'm not 100% sure but honestly they aren't going to punish you for being over cautious, just declare it and you'll be fine.

Have you been to Canada before?

On the plane everyone get's a customs declaration form, read it carefully and fill in the required details, it's easy.

You need to complete form BSF186 - one version for goods with you and one for the goods to follow (if you are shipping).

M.ali.khalf

Sep 18, 2016
Andynd1uk said:
If you haven't received any email asking for new photographs or any other information just assume that your PR card is in the process of being sent to you. The 45 or so days waiting time CIC say it takes for your card to come is just a minimum, it may take longer, in some cases it arrives in a matter of weeks.
Hello guys
It has been a month now and I have not received an email for a new photograph.
Does that mean it is in process ?
Do they usually send mails or emails asking for photos?
What if they ask for photos while you are out of the country?

Thanks!

Andynd1uk

Star Member
Jan 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2016
AOR Received.
01-06-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10-03-2016
Passport Req..
29-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2016
LANDED..........
10-09-2016
M.ali.khalf said:
Hello guys
It has been a month now and I have not received an email for a new photograph.
Does that mean it is in process ?
Do they usually send mails or emails asking for photos?
What if they ask for photos while you are out of the country?

Thanks!
I received an email within 3 weeks of landing asking me to send 2 new photographs because the photographs they had did not meet specifications. I figured they would ask for new photos because the measurements from chin to crown of head were out by a few millimeters (I had a beard when the photographs were taken so the specifications were out from the bottom of my beard to the crown of my head).

shsiddiki

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-Dec-2014
Doc's Request.
with application
Nomination.....
with application
AOR Received.
5-Mar-2015 (PER)
IELTS Request
with application
Med's Request
1-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
Jul-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
1-Oct-2015 , Passport submitted on 20th Oct
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Oct, 2015
LANDED..........
Landed June 2016 :)
Guys, I landed in Canada on 8th June and fill all required docs and fly out from Canada on 11th july, my Son PR card was delivered at my Canadian address where mine, my wife and daughter they send letter to send pics as per specs, I sent new pics which were delivered to case processing officer on 7th September since then I am waiting , can anyone tell me how much more time should I expect for PR card delivery?

KNinja

Star Member
Sep 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
09-02-2016
AOR Received.
04-04-2016
Passport Req..
21-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2016
COPRQuestion said:
I'm not 100% sure but honestly they aren't going to punish you for being over cautious, just declare it and you'll be fine.

Have you been to Canada before?

On the plane everyone get's a customs declaration form, read it carefully and fill in the required details, it's easy.

You need to complete form BSF186 - one version for goods with you and one for the goods to follow (if you are shipping).
No..this will b my first visit to Canada....what i could understand from yoyr response is that i hust need to fill that custom form on board only and i am not supposed to carry any list of items beforehand. Plz share hiw did u carry your funds to Canada....Cash,Tc or Bank Account??...