+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>>>New PR pathways for Hong Kong residents<<<<<<<<<

wijin

Jun 10, 2020
I've already received my eCoPR! I got the PR Portal invitation on Sep 16 (3 weeks after I did my medical exam) and I submitted my address and photo on the same day, and I received my eCoPR the day after. Now, I'm just waiting for the PR card to arrive in mail. Good luck with your application!
Hi, I want to know how long it takes in total? Like when did you start applying? Do you mind teaching me? Because I applied TR to PR, but it still waits, I want to apply this pathway.

Sidm786

Dec 30, 2020
Guys, have you any idea about including an accompanying spouse who doesn't hold HKSAR passport for this new pathway for Hongkongers? I am a HK citizen but my spouse is not. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

jager123

Sep 1, 2021
Guys, have you any idea about including an accompanying spouse who doesn't hold HKSAR passport for this new pathway for Hongkongers? I am a HK citizen but my spouse is not. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
I'm not 100% sure but I think it should be fine as long as the main applicant holds either HKSAR or BNO passport. I hope others seeing this thread could provide you with some guidance.

Sidm786

Dec 30, 2020
I'm not 100% sure but I think it should be fine as long as the main applicant holds either HKSAR or BNO passport. I hope others seeing this thread could provide you with some guidance.

Will my spouse be eligible for a WP if I apply for a WP through this stream and then transition to PR? If only FSW-O draws resumed, then we wouldn't have a problem but we have been sitting in the pool for nearly a year so I was thinking to try this route instead of waiting.

Guys any help would be appreciated. If you or someone you know has gone through this route, please let me know so I can get in touch.

vinaygrp

Feb 26, 2021
Hi Guys,

I applied my application through Permanent residence pathways for Hong Kong residents. Below is my timeline.
16/Aug/2022 - Sent email to show Interest
16/Aug/2022 - Got Reply from IRCC to provide docs and statement that we don't require biometric
17/Aug/2022 - Submitted all the required documents
25/Aug/2022 - Got a reply from IRCC to correct some forms
25/Aug/2022 - Got an email to do Medical and Police Clearance
26/Aug/2022 - Submitted Corrected forms
02/Sep/2022 - Submitted Medical Receipts
05/Sep/2022 - Submitted HKSAR Police Clearance Certificate (As my wife is from India so I am still waiting for India PCC)

Can someone let me know how long it took to get the confirmation after submitting the application?

vinaygrp

Feb 26, 2021
I am in same situation, from what I understand is that they will also get PR as they are depended on you.

vinaygrp

Feb 26, 2021
Will my spouse be eligible for a WP if I apply for a WP through this stream and then transition to PR? If only FSW-O draws resumed, then we wouldn't have a problem but we have been sitting in the pool for nearly a year so I was thinking to try this route instead of waiting.

Guys any help would be appreciated. If you or someone you know has gone through this route, please let me know so I can get in touch.
Yes, you will, my wife got the work permit as well. I think my reply might be late. :D

vinaygrp

Feb 26, 2021
Got the PCC from India for my spouse and submitted it today. Has anyone gotten their PR through this channel?

Hi Guys,

I applied my application through Permanent residence pathways for Hong Kong residents. Below is my timeline.
16/Aug/2022 - Sent email to show Interest
16/Aug/2022 - Got Reply from IRCC to provide docs and statement that we don't require biometric
17/Aug/2022 - Submitted all the required documents
25/Aug/2022 - Got a reply from IRCC to correct some forms
25/Aug/2022 - Got an email to do Medical and Police Clearance
26/Aug/2022 - Submitted Corrected forms
02/Sep/2022 - Submitted Medical Receipts
05/Sep/2022 - Submitted HKSAR Police Clearance Certificate (As my wife is from India so I am still waiting for India PCC)
18/Oct/2022 - Submitted PCC via epost

Can someone let me know how long it took to get the confirmation after submitting the application?

vinaygrp

Feb 26, 2021
I finally got my eCoPR

Submitted my application on 16/Aug/2022 and got my eCoPR on 14/Jan/2023.. Took almost 5 months to get my PR under Stream B.

Reactions: YVR123

sammy112233

Feb 7, 2023
Hi, received my PCC request today . They had previously sent it to wrong email address. I received my PCC request for Hong Kong and Australia . I know that Hong Kong police department will send the criminal certificate directly to Canadian Consulate in Hong Kong . I have the Australian PCC ON HAND , but I’m confused about how to submit the Australian police certificate since on the PR portal there’s no option to upload it . I would appreciate if someone can help me out.
Thanks