+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>>>New PR pathways for Hong Kong residents<<<<<<<<<

JohnnyW

May 3, 2021
Hello all. Anyone applying for the new PR pathways? I have applied for stream A.

June 8 - Sent an email to express my interest

June 9 - Received Epost message from IRCC

June 9 - Submitted my application

June 11 - IRCC opened my message

That would be great if anyone can share their timeline. :)

surajbgl

Jun 1, 2021
@JohnnyW, what documents did you submit under this path? What about the Hong Kong and/or Canadian police report? Is this needed?

I might be applying under the same category so would be great if you could share some details. Thanks

Jul 21, 2021
Same as you guys, i applied on July 15, and the message was opened on July 16. But the CIC offical website doesn't mention anything about the process time, do any of you know about the process time for the Hong Kong Pathway?

irenelin0854

Aug 10, 2021
@JohnnyW @surajbgl @coolkiddd Should you tell me how to upload the documents? I have prepared all documents and also created the online epost account. I could not find out where to upload and just see the mail box that received an messange of "Welcome to Canada ePost". Please help me and wait for your reply.

surajbgl

Jun 1, 2021
Hi @irenelin0854 - you can just view the message received by epost and click the message, you will see the option "Post Message", click on that then you will see a place to send your application and related attachments there.

irenelin0854

Aug 10, 2021
Hi @irenelin0854 - you can just view the message received by epost and click the message, you will see the option "Post Message", click on that then you will see a place to send your application and related attachments there.
Thank you, I have just uploaded my application. Did you receive any reply after submission? Is there any updates with your application?

surajbgl

Jun 1, 2021
Thank you, I have just uploaded my application. Did you receive any reply after submission? Is there any updates with your application?
I believe the only way to check is if they have read your message sent via epost. I think they will read your message, analyze your application and supporting docs then reply back to you later on. Fyi, I didn't go through this route as my PR application under Express Entry is near to the final stage. Good luck with your application.

jager123

Sep 1, 2021
I am also applying under Stream A and below is my timeline:

July 27 - Sent an email to express my interest
July 27 - Received Epost message from IRCC
July 27 - Submitted my application
Aug 19 - Police certificate (CNCC) request
1 Sept - Sent CNCC application number to epost,

I used UPS to send the docs to my relatives then asked them to create a bank draft and to drop my CNCC app in dropbox at their office.
Currently waiting for CNCC to process now. Do you guys have any new updates regarding your applications? I'm not sure if a medical exam is needed as I haven't received any request for that yet. Did they ask you for a medical exam?

lok1277

Sep 26, 2020
I am also applying under Stream A and below is my timeline:

July 27 - Sent an email to express my interest
July 27 - Received Epost message from IRCC
July 27 - Submitted my application
Aug 19 - Police certificate (CNCC) request
1 Sept - Sent CNCC application number to epost,

I used UPS to send the docs to my relatives then asked them to create a bank draft and to drop my CNCC app in dropbox at their office.
Currently waiting for CNCC to process now. Do you guys have any new updates regarding your applications? I'm not sure if a medical exam is needed as I haven't received any request for that yet. Did they ask you for a medical exam?
Yeah they did ask me to complete a medical exam and give my biometrics.
Here's my timeline:
August 2 - Received epost message from IRCC
August 3 - Submitted my application along with a police certificate
August 25 - Request for medical exam and biometrics

Reactions: jager123

jager123

Sep 1, 2021
Yeah they did ask me to complete a medical exam and give my biometrics.
Here's my timeline:
August 2 - Received epost message from IRCC
August 3 - Submitted my application along with a police certificate
August 25 - Request for medical exam and biometrics

Thank you for the update Lok1277,
which stage of the application are you currently at now?

I had my biometrics from my previous study permit. Maybe be they will count my medical from that too, since it's still less than 2 years old. They received my CNCC on 20th Sept, so I'm still waiting for an update from them on what to do next. Does anyone know what the next stage is?

lok1277

Sep 26, 2020
Thank you for the update Lok1277,
which stage of the application are you currently at now?

I had my biometrics from my previous study permit. Maybe be they will count my medical from that too, since it's still less than 2 years old. They received my CNCC on 20th Sept, so I'm still waiting for an update from them on what to do next. Does anyone know what the next stage is?
I've already received my eCoPR! I got the PR Portal invitation on Sep 16 (3 weeks after I did my medical exam) and I submitted my address and photo on the same day, and I received my eCoPR the day after. Now, I'm just waiting for the PR card to arrive in mail. Good luck with your application!

Reactions: wijin and jager123

jager123

Sep 1, 2021
I've already received my eCoPR! I got the PR Portal invitation on Sep 16 (3 weeks after I did my medical exam) and I submitted my address and photo on the same day, and I received my eCoPR the day after. Now, I'm just waiting for the PR card to arrive in mail. Good luck with your application!

That's great news, congratulations Lok1277!!
Thank you for updating us :)
I'm thinking of giving IRCC a call tmr to figure out whether I have passed all the other stages and if they used my previous medical exam since they still haven't issued a request yet.