+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New PR confirmation portal

Yeanie729

Aug 15, 2019
Hello,
I have a question about submitting a photo through the portal- I took a new PR photo Aand I am trying to submit it- I keep getting a response that “Your Photo Maybe too bright or too dark” . Did anyone else have that problem?

kennyrogers

Star Member
Feb 4, 2022
Canada
Hello,
I have a question about submitting a photo through the portal- I took a new PR photo Aand I am trying to submit it- I keep getting a response that “Your Photo Maybe too bright or too dark” . Did anyone else have that problem?
4-5times then it worked... worst scenario you should re-take your photo.

gcrozariol

Jun 30, 2021
Have anyone here gotten the portal access and were asked to start a new application? I don't know what else to do. IRCC won't give details about this, people from the VO in Etobicoke tell me they can't check that, it's been a hell of a ride so far.

Pretty much instead of the PR portal ask me to upload a photo and confirm my address, I am being asked to start a new application.

I didn't create this account myself, I was provided with a username and temporary password which I changed and then got access to this weird website.

Anyone had the same issue? Honestly, I literally tried everything possible to understand why this is happening and I can't figure out at all!

jalc03

Star Member
Nov 12, 2020
Just received my eCopr but my original entry date is wrong. Does it matter? They have the date I entered on my student permit however I had submitted an earlier date as I have previously visited Canada on a visitor visa.

raminder0111

Jun 11, 2019
Hi Guys, Posting again and looking for some feedback.
First Portal email- 5th January 2022
Second Portal email- 6th January 2022
Updated Photos and declaration: 7th January 2022

I haven't received the ecopr yet. I have replied to PR portal email (5 times) asking for update but never got an answer. Looking for the best possible way to followup, any ideas ?

• Sad
Reactions: edward.peng

kennyrogers

Star Member
Feb 4, 2022
Canada
Hi Guys, Posting again and looking for some feedback.
First Portal email- 5th January 2022
Second Portal email- 6th January 2022
Updated Photos and declaration: 7th January 2022

I haven't received the ecopr yet. I have replied to PR portal email (5 times) asking for update but never got an answer. Looking for the best possible way to followup, any ideas ?
I know the feeling. did you checked the spam folder in your email? let's just hope there is a feedback soon. I just got mine recently.

abinavrameshs

Jul 14, 2019
Just received my eCopr but my original entry date is wrong. Does it matter? They have the date I entered on my student permit however I had submitted an earlier date as I have previously visited Canada on a visitor visa.
Same here. I received my e-COPR today (16th Feb 2022), and my original entry date is wrong..
On reading many posts, this is what I gathered :
1. Many people have gotten their original entry date wrong in their COPR, and apparently it dosent matter
2. Many people have tried amending it after they get their PR card (As the error in e-COPR dosent affect obtaining basic services like SIN, Health card etc.)
3. People have mentioned that there were delays (upto 6 months) to obtaining their new e-COPR

I have decided to just wait till my PR card arrives, and then try to amend my e-COPR.. Can I know what you are planning to do?

raminder0111

Jun 11, 2019
I know the feeling. did you checked the spam folder in your email? let's just hope there is a feedback soon. I just got mine recently.
What were the ways in which you followed up with them (I've tried email and webform, no replies), Is there any channel through which they would alteast acknowledge, 40 days just seem extreme to me and on the official page they say that this process will take some time.

jalc03

Star Member
Nov 12, 2020
Same here. I received my e-COPR today (16th Feb 2022), and my original entry date is wrong..
On reading many posts, this is what I gathered :
1. Many people have gotten their original entry date wrong in their COPR, and apparently it dosent matter
2. Many people have tried amending it after they get their PR card (As the error in e-COPR dosent affect obtaining basic services like SIN, Health card etc.)
3. People have mentioned that there were delays (upto 6 months) to obtaining their new e-COPR

I have decided to just wait till my PR card arrives, and then try to amend my e-COPR.. Can I know what you are planning to do?
I am really conflicted. I was reading through Ask Kuebir Facebook group and a lot of people have faced the same issues in the past. It doesn’t seem to be a big deal. But I am wondering if it matters when it comes to number of days present in Canada for citizenship. I am going to send them an email. If they don’t respond I think I will leave it as is.