+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New PR confirmation portal

isdisajoke

Aug 5, 2021
Greetings,
Hope someone be able to guide.

• What should one do if they are outside Canada (for extensive period of time), when they receive the portal email?
• Do you know of any scenario when principal applicant is outside Canada, received portal email, and was able to request IRCC to send PPR through local Visa Office?

@legalfalcon if you have a moment, please!

Thank you!
B

paontario

Star Member
Jun 21, 2021
Funny thing my spouse & my son got their PR cards in October 1st week. I kept waiting until last week hoping they would send mine too.

Someone posted regarding the prairies email contact, I sent them an email. After 24 hours they responded back saying PR card approved & mailed. Lol I don't understand how they can miss the primary applicant and send the PR cards for dependents. Just wondering how messed up their system is right now.

It took them 6 months after COPR to send the card to production, technically 2 mins job to validate a pic and send it to production queue.
Yeah.. 5 months after eCoPR and nothing had moved until I sent email to Prairies email address in mid-November. I followed up on that email yesterday about my PR card and received a nice response from officer stating mine is still in production queue and there is no error with application. I should get it in coming days. So wait goes on..................

padaja

Mar 12, 2021
My spouse and child got their PR card this week, mine still in production. PR card for all 3 of us were sent to production on 19th Nov. IRCC's processing of applications always amazes me !!!
I and I believe I am assuming correctly that most of us here and in other forum groups could not agree with you more. It’s beyond senseless and IRCC makes it (THE) worst, by deciding not to communicate with their clients/applicants through all these months. IRCC, to say the least and still be kind and proper is so broken. Poor, poor employees and staff, the way their bosses/leaders are running this government agency to the ground.

maddyh123

Mar 18, 2021
I'm just curious, why the prairies are being responsible for all that mess with staled pr cards apps.;)
Someone has to clean up the mess IRCC made with PR cards, Etobicoke office has the largest share for that mess to begin with. They are just plain useless in performing a simple job and they have made it so complex for everyone. I am glad someone is responding rather than the lame automatic Afghan crisis & COVID-19 response.

Reactions: alex_under

SimieR

Jun 16, 2021
O
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
KVO
Doc's Request.
05-Aug-2020
AOR Received.
05-Feb-2021
File Transfer...
05-Feb-2021
Med's Request
05-Feb-2021
Med's Done....
10-Feb-2021
Passport Req..
13-Oct-2021
VISA ISSUED...
Received virtual landing email Dec1, now awaiting portal login credential
I just got mine! Almost exactly 2 years since I sent my PR application (December 4, 2019)

Portal Email received: October 11, 2021
Address and Photo submitted: October 11, 2021
eCoPR received: October 12, 2021
Address accepted in Portal: October 21, 2021
PR Card (Approved & Mailed in GCKey): November 29, 2021
PR Card received: December 3, 2021
Congrats... Its finally over :) If you dont mind me asking, but which office dealt with portal login email?

AC3023

Star Member
Mar 26, 2020
Update:
First email: Nov 18, reply on Nov 20
Second email: (get the credentials): Nov 28, reply on Nov 28
Third email: (eCOPR): Nov 29

How long typically do we need to wait to get the PR card?

Reactions: rainbowsunicorns

Everuhu

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
Here's my timeline:

1st Portal email: 7-oct-2021 - Replied same day

Credentials: oct 8th 2021

eCOPR:Oct13,2021

PR Card

Linked PR Card App to myCIC account: 18-Oct-2021

First GU: 19-Sep-2021(status changed to Submitted in myCIC account)

Second GU: 10-Nov-2021(status changed to Submitted in myCIC account) after i emailed Ircc and the agent said they submitted my picture to production

Picture resubmission request: 30th Nov 2021

Resubmission: same day

Approved and Mailed (myCIC): 2- Dec-2021

PR Portal: Changed to Accepted and Closed (03-Dec-2021). Previously - Address and photo were in review

PR Card Received: not yet hopefully next week

Everuhu

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
No, it’s just a generic wording. That means the card was send to production/print to a printing facility, and depending on their workload it can take up to 6 weeks.
No once it says approved it means has bedn printed as the expiration date is set based on that day. How fast it gets to you will depend on where it is printed and how far it has to get to you. You will probably get it today or Monday

Reactions: klein

AC3023

Star Member
Mar 26, 2020
Here's my timeline:

1st Portal email: 7-oct-2021 - Replied same day

Credentials: oct 8th 2021

eCOPR:Oct13,2021

PR Card

Linked PR Card App to myCIC account: 18-Oct-2021

First GU: 19-Sep-2021(status changed to Submitted in myCIC account)

Second GU: 10-Nov-2021(status changed to Submitted in myCIC account) after i emailed Ircc and the agent said they submitted my picture to production

Picture resubmission request: 30th Nov 2021

Resubmission: same day

Approved and Mailed (myCIC): 2- Dec-2021

PR Portal: Changed to Accepted and Closed (03-Dec-2021). Previously - Address and photo were in review

PR Card Received: not yet hopefully next week
How to link PR card App to myCIC account?

A2D2

Jul 16, 2021
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Montreal
Funny thing my spouse & my son got their PR cards in October 1st week. I kept waiting until last week hoping they would send mine too.

Someone posted regarding the prairies email contact, I sent them an email. After 24 hours they responded back saying PR card approved & mailed. Lol I don't understand how they can miss the primary applicant and send the PR cards for dependents. Just wondering how messed up their system is right now.

It took them 6 months after COPR to send the card to production, technically 2 mins job to validate a pic and send it to production queue.
I am also in same situation, could you please share the email address where we need to send the email.