+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New PR confirmation portal

Arron_shaw

Star Member
Sep 20, 2019
I'd recommend those that have been waiting forever for PR Cards to email ircc.clientportalprairies-prairiesclientportail.ircc@cic.gc.ca

I had waited for my PR Cards from August 17 until November 27 when I found out that email address. I emailed them inquiring about the status of my card and got a reply the very next day saying that the cards were at production. Then, there was a ghost update on my GCKey account almost immediately following that reply.

Today, it got approved and mailed (4 days after I sent that email).
Congratulations!
When you see your PR card was approved/mail on the Gckey web, is there any update on the PR portal(photo/address review) as well?

Julzzzz

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
what I meant was, once the profile says "approved and mailed" the card has been printed and mailed and at that point it's out of the hands of IRCC and in the hands of Canada Post.
No, it’s just a generic wording. That means the card was send to production/print to a printing facility, and depending on their workload it can take up to 6 weeks.

klein

Oct 6, 2009
No, it’s just a generic wording. That means the card was send to production/print to a printing facility, and depending on their workload it can take up to 6 weeks.
I don't think that's true as this would open the door to approved cards suffering production errors and having to be voided when the client has already been informed of its expiry (based on the issue date) and document number. I've never seen a card change status from "Approved and Mailed" to "In process".

The IRCC (GCKey) profile mentions a document number and expiry date. The expiry date is 5 years from the date the card was issued/printed. My card did have a printing error initially (no status change) and was then re-sent to production on November 23rd (as confirmed to me by IRCC Calgary) subsequently and approved/issued/mailed on the 29th. The expiry date is the 24th of November, 2026 so it would make sense the card was printed the day after being sent to production and it took them 5 days to put it in an envelope and mail it. 4-5 days is totally standard for receiving something in the mail from NS and that's what we've generally been seeing here in the forums. Hopefully it does arrive tomorrow :)

Pv6991

Oct 19, 2021
Portal email: 18th Nov
Portal credentials: 24th Nov
Submit photo and address: 24th Nov
Ecpor: Waiting
VO: Etobicoke
AOR: June 17
Biometrics: July 19
Medical passed: 3rd August
Portal email: Nov 24th
Credentials: Nov 24th
Submitted photo and confirmed status: Nov 25th
Awaiting for COPR since then.
Don’t know what’s taking long to send COPR.

ENGURCY

Nov 5, 2019
Hi everyone,

I received the portal invitation e-mail yesterday and replied with the information they asked.
Then I checked my CiC account and nothing's changed, no updates etc. Is it normal?

Hil

Mar 5, 2020
Hey guys, I finally received my eCOPR 65 days later I submitted all details on portal. In the meantime, I sent 1 webform, 1 email to portal registration address, and another email to Etobicoke office. I also called the customer service 1 time all they said was to wait it can take up to 3 months, Afghan issue, Covid-19, etc. If you received the portal nothing to worry about after that, I don't think these follow up emails calls help us to trigger the process. It looks like it is very random system, some of us had delays some of us had chance to receive all once. Here is my timeline that I know, the application was done through representative:

1 dependent inland

AOR: June 27th, 2021
First Portal Email: September 14th, 2021
Responded: September 26th, 2021
Second Email with Credentials: September 27th, 2021
Photo, Address Submission: September 27th, 2021
eCOPR: December 2nd, 2021

My spouse and I got our eCOPRs at the same time. The all process considered it was less than 6 months, so there is no delay in our case.

Good luck everyone! I hope you will receive yours soon.

Safoo

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
Hello , i received two emails with the same application number for portal , it says to do forget password after i do an account, i did that but there is one option is to start a new application, i have to start a new application or its under view my application ?! Any help please

jooliedecoree

Dec 13, 2017
Hello guys,
I finally received this email (PR Portal - eCoPR Available for Download | Confirmation de résidence permanente électronique prête à être téléchargé) but from PR portal even though I click the download button, there's nothing... What should I do?

klein

Oct 6, 2009
Has anyone received the PR card this week?
I just got mine! Almost exactly 2 years since I sent my PR application (December 4, 2019)

Portal Email received: October 11, 2021
Address and Photo submitted: October 11, 2021
eCoPR received: October 12, 2021
Address accepted in Portal: October 21, 2021
PR Card (Approved & Mailed in GCKey): November 29, 2021
PR Card received: December 3, 2021

Arron_shaw

Star Member
Sep 20, 2019
I just got mine! Almost exactly 2 years since I sent my PR application (December 4, 2019)

Portal Email received: October 11, 2021
Address and Photo submitted: October 11, 2021
eCoPR received: October 12, 2021
Address accepted in Portal: October 21, 2021
PR Card (Approved & Mailed in GCKey): November 29, 2021
PR Card received: December 3, 2021
How long does it take for your PR Card to show Approved & Mailed in GCKey after you sent out the email to the Prairies email address?

klein

Oct 6, 2009
How long does it take for your PR Card to show Approved & Mailed in GCKey after you sent out the email to the Prairies email address?
I sent the email on November 19th, received response on November 23rd, Card approved & mailed on November 29th, card in mailbox on December 3rd.

maddyh123

Mar 18, 2021
My spouse and child got their PR card this week, mine still in production. PR card for all 3 of us were sent to production on 19th Nov. IRCC's processing of applications always amazes me !!!

Funny thing my spouse & my son got their PR cards in October 1st week. I kept waiting until last week hoping they would send mine too.

Someone posted regarding the prairies email contact, I sent them an email. After 24 hours they responded back saying PR card approved & mailed. Lol I don't understand how they can miss the primary applicant and send the PR cards for dependents. Just wondering how messed up their system is right now.

It took them 6 months after COPR to send the card to production, technically 2 mins job to validate a pic and send it to production queue.