+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New PR confirmation portal

Raja65

Aug 31, 2021
Then just wait for next week you sure get your copr right now they working on case between 7 to 13 feb
Mine is march 1st
I got first portal confirmation email on 6th august
After that nothing I tried to reply on same email 7/8 time send 3 webforms and try to call but no update
I created my account then on Friday but nothing inside

abelsamjo4

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Thanks and Congrats in receiving your CoPR. By userID did you mean to include one's UCI/Application Number? Furthermore, could you share how do you start the PR card applications (and link them to GCKey)? Do we need to wait until we get the E-CoPR before we can start the PR cards application? Thanks!
Thanks buddy! It is not the UCI/ Application number. Check you first portal email and there would be an alphanumeric Id in the subject field. For eg, mine was like this “IRCC Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal DD27XYZ”. You need to include DD27XYZ as the subject while replying directly to the email.

Yes, you need to wait until you get your eCoPR to link the PR card application in GC Key. I never tried doing it before I got the confirmation! You can try it before since, you either need your UCI, Date of birth, Family name, or Given name to do it! and nothing from your eCoPR document! Make sure that you fill your credentials for linking the PR card exactly how it is in your passport!

abelsamjo4

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
I already emailed them like 3 times and no one has responded to that either. I dont know what to do anymore. :/
I’m sorry, at this moment I do not have any other tips for you! It worked for me that was why I suggested it for you. Did you reply directly to the email including your User Id as subject? If not, try doing that! You can find your User Id in the subject field of your initial email for the portal. It is alphanumeric! I hope you get it soon especially when your work permit is expiring! All the very best!

Reactions: Arjun Singh Rawat

abelsamjo4

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Hi everyone,
We’ve been waiting since July, 17th. We have raised web form, sent emails, tried to call them and no answer until now! Don’t know what else do to. Does anyone have any idea? Do you think that asking for GCMS notes could help? Thanks guys! Hope you get your PR soon!
Asking for GCMS notes would not speed up the process as far as I know! I waited almost 19 months for DM to be made on my file! In the mean time I requested at least 6 GCMS notes and there was no speed up in the process! Moreover, GCMS notes are send to you by the ATIP department. IRCC only updates the information in it.

Gset

Star Member
Nov 4, 2020
Got eCoPR on Aug 27. Since then waiting for any update on PR portal. Photos and address still in review by IRCC. Waiting for PR card. How long this process takes? Can we somehow expedite the process? Also I cannot link it to my CIC account.

Arjun Singh Rawat

Star Member
Feb 1, 2018
Hi everyone,
We’ve been waiting since July, 17th. We have raised web form, sent emails, tried to call them and no answer until now! Don’t know what else do to. Does anyone have any idea? Do you think that asking for GCMS notes could help? Thanks guys! Hope you get your PR soon!
Hey!!
any update? I am also on a same boat!

gamzoog

Feb 1, 2021
Thanks buddy! It is not the UCI/ Application number. Check you first portal email and there would be an alphanumeric Id in the subject field. For eg, mine was like this “IRCC Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal DD27XYZ”. You need to include DD27XYZ as the subject while replying directly to the email.

Yes, you need to wait until you get your eCoPR to link the PR card application in GC Key. I never tried doing it before I got the confirmation! You can try it before since, you either need your UCI, Date of birth, Family name, or Given name to do it! and nothing from your eCoPR document! Make sure that you fill your credentials for linking the PR card exactly how it is in your passport!
Hey. Thanks so much for your reply. In my case, the email doesn't contain a UserID, but just my Application Number, like “IRCC Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal - EXXXXXXX”. I don't know why there is a difference - but I think citing the application number should be good as well. Thanks!

Furthermore, regarding the PR card application: I didn't see anywhere mentioning about PR card, but simply that they will mail it to you once they approve the photos/addresses. I don't know what is the exact process of linking the PR card application in GC key (I know how to link an application in GCKey, but I don't know when should I do it, or how do I know if there was already a PR card application for me). Do you know if in your communications with IRCC (emails/letters) did anywhere mention about what we should do about linking the PR card applications? Thanks!

Reactions: Raja65

white_cola

Star Member
Aug 27, 2021
Anyone applied online for updated SIN number after COPR? I just did and got a SIN application number. Will I get my new SIN in mail or what? Because there is no way that I could track it online.

Reactions: ROBERT2021

SaberHQ

Aug 24, 2021
First of all, I was not suggesting they should email 10 times in one day and NO it won't slow down others' processing time. I'm not sure where you got that from

Second of all, It's because you've received your e-COPR that why. You were among the "many" people that received their PR in a matter of days, you are so lucky that you don't have to wait weeks....
You don't understand that people have their lives planned around getting PR.
People need to travel back home or have an emergency situation to deal with.

There are people literally waiting for over 30days, 50days +, It's a painful wait. Imagine already having to wait over 9 months from AOR to receive a portal email and now also waiting weeks and weeks to receive their e-COPR?

So if I could be the good samaritan to help people, heck yeah I will be that person!
First of all, I am waiting for my PR Card since early June (almost 90 days now). And for your information, I should also mention that my wife and I also have an emergency travel planned for later this Month. Therefore, I totally understand the frustration and I am among the people who have been waiting for their PR for a long time. Never judge people.

Second, my reply was about your suggestion to email several times right after receiving the first email. I suggested to wait for a couple days or a week cuz usually most people receive their credential email after a day or two. As you mentioned, in many cases, eCOPR comes in a week or so. I am not talking about people who have been waiting for more than 2 month now! Obviously we need to follow up regularly and send emails and webforms regarding our application.

Cheers.

white_cola

Star Member
Aug 27, 2021
How to check PR card status in ECAS. I linked my portal to cic and the status over there is submitted. But when I try to type in my UCI number or application number in ECAS, I only get status of my PR application not the PR card application.

Raja65

Aug 31, 2021
Hey. Thanks so much for your reply. In my case, the email doesn't contain a UserID, but just my Application Number, like “IRCC Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal - EXXXXXXX”. I don't know why there is a difference - but I think citing the application number should be good as well. Thanks!

Furthermore, regarding the PR card application: I didn't see anywhere mentioning about PR card, but simply that they will mail it to you once they approve the photos/addresses. I don't know what is the exact process of linking the PR card application in GC key (I know how to link an application in GCKey, but I don't know when should I do it, or how do I know if there was already a PR card application for me). Do you know if in your communications with IRCC (emails/letters) did anywhere mention about what we should do about linking the PR card applications? Thanks!
I think that’s what he means
and i did same today reply the email with my file Number let’s see what happens next

abelsamjo4

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020

Ohh! That is a new info. I thought it was same for everyone! Did you get the email for the portal from any of the IRCC offices in Canada or was it from the Virtual Landing Centre? Mine was from IRCC Calgary. Mine was PNP paper based application! There might be differences with the processing of the application depending on the stream, I guess!

I did not get any information from IRCC about linking the PR card application on GC Key. I did it before for one of my friends and thus, I knew it!

Raja65

Aug 31, 2021
Ohh! That is a new info. I thought it was same for everyone! Did you get the email for the portal from any of the IRCC offices in Canada or was it from the Virtual Landing Centre? Mine was from IRCC Calgary. Mine was PNP paper based application! There might be differences with the processing of the application depending on the stream, I guess!

I did not get any information from IRCC about linking the PR card application on GC Key. I did it before for one of my friends and thus, I knew it!
Where it says which office?

abelsamjo4

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Where it says which office?
In my email at the end, it was mentioned IRCC Calgary!
They ended the email like this:

Sincerely,

DD27XYZ

CIC Calgary

Domestic Network | Réseau national

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada