+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New PR confirmation portal

Kaptaan

Star Member
Jul 7, 2021
Hello everyone,

I received an email shown that: PR Confirmation - An update has been made to your file! Your case has been reviewed and an electronic copy of your confirmation of permanent residence (eCoPR) document has been uploaded to your file.

Is this the official ECOPR email?

I think most people received their ecopr with: congrats, you are now a permanent resident (PR) of Canada! IRCC has uploaded an electronic copy of your electronic confirmation of permanent residence (eCoPR) document in the PR Confirmation Portal.

So confused regarding this issue. Is there anyone know the differences?
If you received eCOPR in the portal and you can download it then what does the email make a difference? come on!

yasirhashmi15

Sep 19, 2019
Hello everyone,

I received an email shown that: PR Confirmation - An update has been made to your file! Your case has been reviewed and an electronic copy of your confirmation of permanent residence (eCoPR) document has been uploaded to your file.

Is this the official ECOPR email?

I think most people received their ecopr with: congrats, you are now a permanent resident (PR) of Canada! IRCC has uploaded an electronic copy of your electronic confirmation of permanent residence (eCoPR) document in the PR Confirmation Portal.

So confused regarding this issue. Is there anyone know the differences?
@dwuacs could you please share your timeline.

yasirhashmi15

Sep 19, 2019
should I try to call them or just wait? My representative sent a webform two weeks ago but haven’t gotten a reply yet.. I do not know what to do…
@T.R2021 now adays it's taking atleast 2 weeks to get a response visa web form. They probably not gonna reply if your application is under it's timeline which is 6 months.

For your own satisfaction, you can call them but they will just ask you to wait.

T.R2021

Star Member
Aug 21, 2021
@T.R2021 now adays it's taking atleast 2 weeks to get a response visa web form. They probably not gonna reply if your application is under it's timeline which is 6 months.

For your own satisfaction, you can call them but they will just ask you to wait.
At this part of the process, do you know what they still have to do in the process? Is it to approve address and photo or are they still working on file (checking background)? Thanks!

Kaptaan

Star Member
Jul 7, 2021
Some important information I learnt today regarding PR Card application processing and wanted to share with you guys.

Grouping Phase 1: After receiving applications for PR Card CPC-PRC( Case Processing Center-Permanent Residence Card) collect 50 COPRs to form a group.

After grouping than each application is verified( Name, DOB, Sex and Address)

Then clerk open docman in GCMS notes and upload photo and COPRs of each applicant and submit to GCMS Notes.

If the photo is non-compliant then the clerk crops the blank space provided for the Photo submit along with COPR of the applicant to GCMS notes and subsequently remove the applicant from the group and Place the COPR in the photo reject bucket. The applicant is informed through BELA (I don't know what does it mean) for new photos.

Then clerk goes back to the group and set the final assessment to approve.

Then clerk sets to generate submitted.

Then "Probably" CPC-PRC( Case Processing Center-Permanent Residence Card) transmit information to CPF( Card Production Facility) for the printing of the cards.

I hope you like it!

Hani222

Jul 22, 2021
Anyone here has following situation:

July 6: PR Confirmation though Email
July 6: replied with details like UCI etc. for Primary applicant and Spouse by option A
July 7: received login Credentials
July 23 : Rejected Photo for Spouse
July 23: submitted new photo for spouse
July 25: GU 1 for Primary applicant
Aug 5: GU 2 for primary applicant
Aug 8: received PR card for Primary applicant in mail

still waiting for Spouse GU and PR card mail update>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
What you VO ? Visa office which issue your eCoPR?
How you link PR card application for you and your spouse, I mean you did it twice for you and your spouse?

Jaimin123

Star Member
May 13, 2020
Today is the day

OINP Inlander
AR- September 30th, 2020
AOR- July 2nd, 2021
Upfront medical uploaded- July 13th, 2021
Medical Passed- July 27th, 2021
PAL- July 30th, 2021
DM- August 12th, 2021
Portal Email 1- August 12th, 2021
Portal Email 2- August 19th, 2021
Ecopr- August 22nd, 2021

Trust me….results are worth the wait

Reactions: Sunny751

td88

Aug 8, 2019
Some important information I learnt today regarding PR Card application processing and wanted to share with you guys.

Grouping Phase 1: After receiving applications for PR Card CPC-PRC( Case Processing Center-Permanent Residence Card) collect 50 COPRs to form a group.

After grouping than each application is verified( Name, DOB, Sex and Address)

Then clerk open docman in GCMS notes and upload photo and COPRs of each applicant and submit to GCMS Notes.

If the photo is non-compliant then the clerk crops the blank space provided for the Photo submit along with COPR of the applicant to GCMS notes and subsequently remove the applicant from the group and Place the COPR in the photo reject bucket. The applicant is informed through BELA (I don't know what does it mean) for new photos.

Then clerk goes back to the group and set the final assessment to approve.

Then clerk sets to generate submitted.

Then "Probably" CPC-PRC( Case Processing Center-Permanent Residence Card) transmit information to CPF( Card Production Facility) for the printing of the cards.

I hope you like it!
My spouse and I took our PR photos at Staples. We both received eCopr at the same time, apply for PR card at the same time, but I was the only one who received my Pr card 3 weeks ago, my spouse has not received anything yet. Status on GC key still shows Submitted :(, i don't know how long i have to wait until the card arrives.

Reactions: Raj_aud