Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Received an email for IRCC Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal today. I am a principal applicant inland( inside Canada) with overseas dependents. As I understand to use this portal you should be inside Canada. What should I say for my overseas dependents?
Your @legalfalcon expert opinion will be highly appreciated.
You will have to inform IRCC that you have dependents outside Canada, if not done so, and seek further instructions.

Also, if IRCC has started issuing PPRs in the country your dependents are, you can enter your details in the portal and you will be issued a E-COPR and your dependents will get a PPR.

Reactions: Kaptaan

genieve876

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017
I've not seen this one yet, but I've seen similar cases where a family member(s)'s profile is missing from the PA's portal. Another common thing I've seen often is that the wrong CoPR is attached to the portal (for the wrong person) or COPR is just missing for some family members even though everyone else in the family's got the CoPR.

What I would do if I were you:

1. Submit the declaration, photo, and address for you, your husband, and your eldest daughter.
2. Send a short e-mail to IRCC.ClientPortal-PortailClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca (if the first e-mail came from this e-mail; if it came directly from a VO, e-mail them at that address) right away with a clear subject line regarding the situation and a clear and concise explanation.
3. Submit a webform right away (do it, now!).
4. call IRCC first thing Tuesday morning (Monday is a national holiday). Try again and again until you get through to speak to a real life agent. The agent will be able to add a note to your file.
5. Wait until the day-7 mark, and if you have not heard back from IRCC by then, submit the declaration, photo and address anyway for your youngest daughter.

My take is that:
it wouldn't matter in the grand scheme of things for you to submit the declaration, photo, and address for all family members. The officer reviewing your case will realise they've made a simple mistake and correct it when your COPRs are issued. At the end of the day, visa officers are human too, and they understand humans make mistakes; they can distinguish between actual right and wrong and I don't think they would ever consider something like this to be a misrepresentation if you're worrying that submitting the declaration for your daughter in your husband's name would be construed as that.

Another option would be:
1. Submit the declaration, photo, and address for everyone in your family except for your youngest daughter.
2. Wait to hear back from IRCC regarding this from their webform and proceed as they instruct you to (past the day-7 point).

This will likely cause a delay in your daughter's COPR issuance, but it just seems to me to be the most "proper" way to go about this (that doesn't mean it's the right way).

Note I'm not a lawyer, so this is my opinion and you should do your own research. I'm interested to see what @legalfalcon has to say about this.
Thank you dear

Kaptaan

Star Member
Jul 7, 2021
Hi,
Today I have received an email for the PR confirmation portal but I have realized that I have already created an account a few months before by mistake in the PR confirmation portal with my email. What should I do now? I am worried.
I have already replied to the email with required information such as UCI number, date of entry, date of last entry to Canada and opted for option A.

szzyp

Star Member
Jun 13, 2016
Hi,
Today I have received an email for the PR confirmation portal but I have realized that I have already created an account a few months before by mistake in the PR confirmation portal with my email. What should I do now? I am worried.
I have already replied to the email with required information such as UCI number, date of entry, date of last entry to Canada and opted for option A.
No need to worry. Keep checking your existing portal account - once they loaded your info in the system, a new tab named “PR Confirmation Cases” should appear.

welpure2

Aug 7, 2019
Hi - I submitted 'in Canada' declaration, photo and local address on July 20th and still waiting for eCOPR. How long is it taking to get eCOPR?
Some applicants are getting it in a day! Is there any known reason for delay or a pattern in issuing eCOPR?

szzyp

Star Member
Jun 13, 2016
Hi - I submitted 'in Canada' declaration, photo and local address on July 20th and still waiting for eCOPR. How long is it taking to get eCOPR?
Some applicants are getting it in a day! Is there any known reason for delay or a pattern in issuing eCOPR?
I have been waiting for the 16th day so far

Jul 28, 2020
Hello. Sorry to hijack this thread. I just received an email from IRCC about the instructions to provide details for PR and to confirm I'm okay with the online portal.
Can anyone please provide details on how long does it take to get the Portal Credentials and then the approval after the login?
Do they ask to upload any documents and what's the timeline to approve those? Appreciate the response. Thank you.
Just looking for approximate timelines.

szzyp

Star Member
Jun 13, 2016
Hello. Sorry to hijack this thread. I just received an email from IRCC about the instructions to provide details for PR and to confirm I'm okay with the online portal.
Can anyone please provide details on how long does it take to get the Portal Credentials and then the approval after the login?
Do they ask to upload any documents and what's the timeline to approve those? Appreciate the response. Thank you.
Just looking for approximate timelines.
Some folks would receive the credentials and eCoPR within a few days (even the same day), while some folks have been waiting forever for the credentials and some other folks like myself been waiting for the eCOPR - today is my day 16. It’s very difficult to provide a timeline.

After you received the credentials, you only need to declare you are in Canada, provide the current address, and upload the photo for the PR card.

I hope this helps.