+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New PR confirmation portal

hithere123

Jun 11, 2020
Hi!

Good day!

I received this email from IRCC last Thursday, July 8th.

"Welcome to the Permanent Resident Confirmation portal process. The attached PDF contains information and instructions regarding the confirmation portal process for your review. Once you have review the document, hit reply to send the requested information outline in the document."

However, there is no attached PDF in the email, I have replied back but no feedback yet from IRCC.

Can someone please let me know if our application is approved? I checked the Canada website and it says the following:

How the portal works

Once we approve your application, we’ll
  • send you an invitation to confirm
    • if you want to use the portal
    • your email address
    • all email addresses for each person on your application
  • create an account for you (you can’t create one yourself)
  • send another email, after you confirm the above, with a link to the portal and instructions on how to sign in with your username and a temporary password
In addition, how long does it take to process.

Thanks in advance.
Hi I have same case, no pdf, what you did? please kindly help

phanikiran.kara

Dec 12, 2018
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
03-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-12-2019
AOR Received.
18-02-2020
Med's Done....
13-01-2021
LANDED..........
02-08-2020
Hi Guys I recieved an email saying but no pdf attched. Please help
Welcome to the Permanent Resident Confirmation portal process. The attached PDF contains information and instructions regarding the confirmation portal process for your review. Once you have review the document, hit reply to send the requested information outline in the document.
This is what the pdf will contain FYI, incase you plan to just reply to them nevertheless (strongly suggest this as it is a rather common pdf for all). One pdf per family member is sent in separate emails and all of them contain the same details --

Date: July XX, 2021
KXXX XXXX NAME
UCI: 11112345678
Application #:EP12345678
DOB: 2124/09/13
Email: yourpersonalemail@gmail.com
KXXX XXXX NAME:

We are at the end of the process for your application for permanent residence in

Canada. Since the beginning of the pandemic in March 2020, IRCC has had to stop in-
person services to protect the health and safety of clients and employees. The

Department has come up with innovative ways to conduct business. Confirming
permanent residence (PR) status without an in-person interview through a new and
secure PR Confirmation Portal is one of these new improvements we are happy to offer
you today.
Through the PR Confirmation Portal:
 You will confirm you currently live in Canada
 You will provide your current address in Canada (we’ll send your permanent
resident card in the mail to this address)
 You will submit a recent photo (JPEG or PNG formats are accepted) which we’ll
use to print your PR card
 IRCC will upload your document that proves your new PR status you will be able
to use this document while you wait for your first PR card that will come to you in
the mail
Important notes:
 You and every dependant included in your application need to be in Canada to
use the portal.
You, as a client, will have to access the portal yourself. If you’re a representative
receiving this message, please forward this email to the clients you represented
for their PR application until they were approved.
 A principal applicant can have more than one profile under their account in this
portal. As the principle applicant, you’ll act on behalf of your minor dependants.
Profiles for your dependants, who were under 18 years of age at the time you
applied for permanent residence, will be created under your profile.

 Other dependant(s) included in your application, including a spouse/partner and
dependants 18 years old or older at the time you applied for permanent
residence, can either:
o allow IRCC to create their account under your principal applicant account.
You will then act on behalf of them.
or
o give their own unique email address (e.g. gmail, hotmail, etc.) for IRCC to
create a new account and complete the steps on their own.

Let us know:
You must inform us immediately via the IRCC webform of any of these changes:
 marriage or common-law union, divorce, annulment, legal separation
 death of
o the sponsor
o the principal applicant or
o any accompanying family member
 birth or adoption of a child, including grandchildren born to dependent children
 you (the principal applicant) or any of your family members have been charged or
convicted of a criminal offence
What you need to do next:

 Reply (click on reply) to this email (IRCC.ClientPortal-
PortailClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca) and give us your personal email address.

Confirm which option (A or B) in section 3 above you are choosing for your other
dependant(s) included in your application (spouse/partner and 18 years or
older at the time you applied for permanent residence):
o If option A, no further email addresses are needed.
o If option B, provide a unique email address for every dependant included
in your application (spouse/partner and 18 years or older at the time you
applied for permanent residence).

 In your response, for yourself and for each member of your family, copy and
paste this template and fill in the information (*verify passport for the dates and
location):
 Name:
 UCI:
 Email (as set out in this message):
 Original entry date:
 Date of last time entered Canada:
 Location(Port of Entry):
 If you or one of your dependants currently live outside Canada, let us know by
replying to this message.
If you can’t access online tools such as the portal due to accessibility issues or special

needs, contact us by replying (click on reply) to this message: IRCC.ClientPortal-
PortailClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca.

-- Tips for replying and later steps --

1st PR Portal email -- Read it carefully and respond as requested.

I recommend to choose option A (all family members same email ID). press reply and Copy paste the UCI etc etc details for each family member and fill it in carefully. Please don't write stories. Will confuse them.

When you respond, usually within a day, they will send you username and password (don't create this yourself) for the PR portal. Login to the portal.

After login -- Then you will upload a 70x50mm digital photo on this portal (you can access it with the username and password they will send you). The forehead to chin length is also specified in the PR photo spec. Please follow it to the book to avoid waiting until the next life for PR card.

After login -- Also confirm that u r in Canada (whole process mandates that u need to be inside Canada)

Again within a day or few days later, you will get an email. Once logged into this new portal (the same portal you logged on after 2nd portal email), you will see eCOPR document for each family member.

At this point, your GCKey will show approved and show you just the COPR number (starts with Txxxxxxxx). Congrats, you are a PR now (at this step).

(Optional) Use UCI, last name and Birth place details from passport to link PR card application to your GCKey as well (after you get eCOPR). This allows acccurate PR card tracking. The day it shows Approved for PR card application (number starts with Rxxxxxxxx), thats the day the card is shipped to you. Dont stress out too much however, I could only link my app and daughter's app but not my spouse. Waiting for PR cards now.

Good Luck

The PR card is just for allowing you to travel internationally. Canadian PR card also allows you to travel Visa free to Mexico and many countries south of it + Qatar + ofcourse, other counties your passport originally allows.

Apply for SIN(permanent - walkin or apply online) and new health card (with a lot more validity)

Hope it helps. Throw a like so that I would know its helpful. Good luck.

hithere123

Jun 11, 2020
This is what the pdf will contain FYI, incase you plan to just reply to them nevertheless (strongly suggest this as it is a rather common pdf for all). One pdf per family member is sent in separate emails and all of them contain the same details --

Date: July XX, 2021
KXXX XXXX NAME
UCI: 11112345678
Application #:EP12345678
DOB: 2124/09/13
Email: yourpersonalemail@gmail.com
KXXX XXXX NAME:

We are at the end of the process for your application for permanent residence in

Canada. Since the beginning of the pandemic in March 2020, IRCC has had to stop in-
person services to protect the health and safety of clients and employees. The

Department has come up with innovative ways to conduct business. Confirming
permanent residence (PR) status without an in-person interview through a new and
secure PR Confirmation Portal is one of these new improvements we are happy to offer
you today.
Through the PR Confirmation Portal:
 You will confirm you currently live in Canada
 You will provide your current address in Canada (we’ll send your permanent
resident card in the mail to this address)
 You will submit a recent photo (JPEG or PNG formats are accepted) which we’ll
use to print your PR card
 IRCC will upload your document that proves your new PR status you will be able
to use this document while you wait for your first PR card that will come to you in
the mail
Important notes:
 You and every dependant included in your application need to be in Canada to
use the portal.
You, as a client, will have to access the portal yourself. If you’re a representative
receiving this message, please forward this email to the clients you represented
for their PR application until they were approved.
 A principal applicant can have more than one profile under their account in this
portal. As the principle applicant, you’ll act on behalf of your minor dependants.
Profiles for your dependants, who were under 18 years of age at the time you
applied for permanent residence, will be created under your profile.

 Other dependant(s) included in your application, including a spouse/partner and
dependants 18 years old or older at the time you applied for permanent
residence, can either:
o allow IRCC to create their account under your principal applicant account.
You will then act on behalf of them.
or
o give their own unique email address (e.g. gmail, hotmail, etc.) for IRCC to
create a new account and complete the steps on their own.

Let us know:
You must inform us immediately via the IRCC webform of any of these changes:
 marriage or common-law union, divorce, annulment, legal separation
 death of
o the sponsor
o the principal applicant or
o any accompanying family member
 birth or adoption of a child, including grandchildren born to dependent children
 you (the principal applicant) or any of your family members have been charged or
convicted of a criminal offence
What you need to do next:

 Reply (click on reply) to this email (IRCC.ClientPortal-
PortailClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca) and give us your personal email address.

Confirm which option (A or B) in section 3 above you are choosing for your other
dependant(s) included in your application (spouse/partner and 18 years or
older at the time you applied for permanent residence):
o If option A, no further email addresses are needed.
o If option B, provide a unique email address for every dependant included
in your application (spouse/partner and 18 years or older at the time you
applied for permanent residence).

 In your response, for yourself and for each member of your family, copy and
paste this template and fill in the information (*verify passport for the dates and
location):
 Name:
 UCI:
 Email (as set out in this message):
 Original entry date:
 Date of last time entered Canada:
 Location(Port of Entry):
 If you or one of your dependants currently live outside Canada, let us know by
replying to this message.
If you can’t access online tools such as the portal due to accessibility issues or special

needs, contact us by replying (click on reply) to this message: IRCC.ClientPortal-
PortailClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca.

-- Tips for replying and later steps --

1st PR Portal email -- Read it carefully and respond as requested.

I recommend to choose option A (all family members same email ID). press reply and Copy paste the UCI etc etc details for each family member and fill it in carefully. Please don't write stories. Will confuse them.

When you respond, usually within a day, they will send you username and password (don't create this yourself) for the PR portal. Login to the portal.

After login -- Then you will upload a 70x50mm digital photo on this portal (you can access it with the username and password they will send you). The forehead to chin length is also specified in the PR photo spec. Please follow it to the book to avoid waiting until the next life for PR card.

After login -- Also confirm that u r in Canada (whole process mandates that u need to be inside Canada)

Again within a day or few days later, you will get an email. Once logged into this new portal (the same portal you logged on after 2nd portal email), you will see eCOPR document for each family member.

At this point, your GCKey will show approved and show you just the COPR number (starts with Txxxxxxxx). Congrats, you are a PR now (at this step).

(Optional) Use UCI, last name and Birth place details from passport to link PR card application to your GCKey as well (after you get eCOPR). This allows acccurate PR card tracking. The day it shows Approved for PR card application (number starts with Rxxxxxxxx), thats the day the card is shipped to you. Dont stress out too much however, I could only link my app and daughter's app but not my spouse. Waiting for PR cards now.

Good Luck

The PR card is just for allowing you to travel internationally. Canadian PR card also allows you to travel Visa free to Mexico and many countries south of it + Qatar + ofcourse, other counties your passport originally allows.

Apply for SIN(permanent - walkin or apply online) and new health card (with a lot more validity)

Hope it helps. Throw a like so that I would know its helpful. Good luck.
Thank you so much

Reactions: phanikiran.kara

CA_PR_2020

Star Member
Nov 3, 2020
- Date application was received: October 5, 2020
- AOR: April 24th
- Biometrics: April 26 (submitted them the same day)
-Medical report request: May 22nd. Saw Dr on May 25th, he submitted the report on the 28th and it appeared on my profile on the 30th.
- Eligibility passed on June 9th
- Pr portal 1st email: received June 26th 6:13am, replied same day at 6:41am
- Submitted web form asking for update Jul 5th mid day
- Ordered GCMS notes on July 6th at 6pm
- Pr portal 2nd email with credentials: received Jul 8th at 12:59 am, completed everything within 30 minutes
- eCOPR received Jul 8th at 5:15pm
- PR Card approved July 21st :D:D:D
congratulations!!
Why your application submission and AOR has 6 months gap. Were you CEC Inland applicant?

Ktmjs

Jul 21, 2021
Hi,
After ecopr do we have to do anything else for the PR card? I got my ecopr on July 13 and I tried to link my application in CIC account it showing your application is not found. What I can do about this? IRCC portal photo and address is still in process
AOR: March 27,2021
Medical passed:April 16,2021
Background check completed: May 27,2021
1st portal email: June 4,2021(replied same day)
Credentials: June 9, 2021
Ecopr: July 13,2021
Photo and address: still in review.

Reactions: SSGray and Dchawla

Hcr123

Star Member
Feb 17, 2021
Hi,
After ecopr do we have to do anything else for the PR card? I got my ecopr on July 13 and I tried to link my application in CIC account it showing your application is not found. What I can do about this? IRCC portal photo and address is still in process
To get updates on your PR card:

Login to your CIC account, check whether your PR application is showing approved. If yes, click on add/link an existing application!
Select application type “PR Card”
Select option “UCI & Family Name”

Note: At “Place of Birth” field in “City of Birth” box enter the characters exactly as per your passport (including any punctuations) and then you would be able to link it!

phanikiran.kara

Dec 12, 2018
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
03-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-12-2019
AOR Received.
18-02-2020
Med's Done....
13-01-2021
LANDED..........
02-08-2020
Hi,
You don't need to do anything. I see that my spouse has same status and I can't link hers. But mine and daughter's status shows Address approved and photo pending (of course, otherwise I would have got the PR cards already). I am able to link both of our applications to GCKey. So, if the portal shows Address pending, then I guess linking to GCKey does not work irrespective of how many times you enter place of birth correctly. Not very sure what's going on in the background and why address is not approved for spouse.

I raised a technical issue webform. Awaiting reply.

Dchawla

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Hi,
Hi congratulations
What was your Visa office ??

Ktmjs

Jul 21, 2021
To get updates on your PR card:

Login to your CIC account, check whether your PR application is showing approved. If yes, click on add/link an existing application!
Select application type “PR Card”
Select option “UCI & Family Name”

Note: At “Place of Birth” field in “City of Birth” box enter the characters exactly as per your passport (including any punctuations) and then you would be able to link it!
Thanks

Ktmjs

Jul 21, 2021
You don't need to do anything. I see that my spouse has same status and I can't link hers. But mine and daughter's status shows Address approved and photo pending (of course, otherwise I would have got the PR cards already). I am able to link both of our applications to GCKey. So, if the portal shows Address pending, then I guess linking to GCKey does not work irrespective of how many times you enter place of birth correctly. Not very sure what's going on in the background and why address is not approved for spouse.

Thank you

Reactions: phanikiran.kara

paontario

Star Member
Jun 21, 2021

We can link PR Card application to GCkey as soon as you receive your eCoPR (means address is approved but photo is pending) and GCKey moves to approved state. However Place of Birth is very weird field, sometimes you have to try various combinations from your passport; but mostly it works if you type exactly same as it is written in your passport. It allows 5 retries per day to link PR card application.

Reactions: td88

phanikiran.kara

Dec 12, 2018
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
03-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-12-2019
AOR Received.
18-02-2020
Med's Done....
13-01-2021
LANDED..........
02-08-2020
We can link PR Card application to GCkey as soon as you receive your eCoPR (means address is approved but photo is pending) and GCKey moves to approved state. However Place of Birth is very weird field, sometimes you have to try various combinations from your passport; but mostly it works if you type exactly same as it is written in your passport. It allows 5 retries per day to link PR card application.
Of course, I tried 50 times in 10 days now. Even tried to read the html code around the fields. In my case, I guess there is more to the story than just the data validity. I thi k the address in review for spouse is the cultpit. But I don't know why her address is in review and whats going on in the background. She got her COPR though.